Venture Surplus ad

I'm looking for good reasons to own a 1911, what are they?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Most wouldn't believe it, based on my observations of much of today's work force. I still do 10-14 hour days routinely. Then again, I ALSO do days where moving more than 20' in a day just ain't gonna happen...lol I've a feeling you did much the same.

Only SOME of it.....dang it! If you weren't so far into enemy territory, I'd sneak up there for a look in person!
    If that were to happen, I'd let you sit and play in my junk pile. People have come into my dungeon never to be seen again. I will find them walking around in circles. Just do not open any strange bottles or jars.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    How many pages into this thread, and nobody's mentioned 'Last Ditch Melee Weapon' yet?

Besides some smooth shootin (if properly tuned), I would imagine it's much harder to beat an enemy combatant to death with a glock than steel-frame 1911! ;)

Last edited:

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Edited. Normally I do capitalize Marine, but I was typing fast and must have missed the shift key. Sorry.
    Marines are mere aquatic beings looking for a ride to the beach. The Navy had to have a place for those guys that couldn't swim.
    M.... muscles
    A.... re
    R...equired
    I....ntelligence
    N...ot
    E....ssential
    We in the Navy learned quickly. why you do NOT give Marines M&Ms! They starve to death trying to peel them....

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Marines are mere aquatic beings looking for a ride to the beach. The Navy had to have a place for those guys that couldn't swim.
    M.... muscles
    A.... re
    R...equired
    I....ntelligence
    N...ot
    E....ssential
    We in the Navy learned quickly. why you do NOT give Marines M&Ms! They starve to death trying to peel them....
    But Tootsie Rolls saved the Frozen Chosin.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    M.... muscles
    A.... re
    R...equired
    I....ntelligence
    N...ot
    E....ssential
    The Commandant put out a letter telling us to stop calling sailors squids as it was too high a life form. LOL! of course, there are good sailors and we just call them Doc.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    How many pages into this thread, and nobody's mentioned 'Last Ditch Melee Weapon' yet?

Besides some smooth shootin (if properly tuned), I would imagine it's much harder to beat an enemy combatant to death with a glock than steel-frame 1911! ;)

(not that I've ever tried with either, lol!)
    It DOES make a Jim Dandy dental rearrangement tool! Mouth open or closed makes no difference AND when you are done the dog-gone thing still shoots!

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    The Commandant put out a letter telling us to stop calling sailors squids as it was too high a life form. LOL! of course, there are good sailors and we just call them Doc.
    I have some very good friend that are Marines!
    They learned not to go in water over their head.
    They do not eat M&MS ever.
    But you should see them when the get tangled up with a chocolate covered Marshmallow!
    That is a real laugh RIOT. Very reminiscent of a monkey screwing a football....
    Sailors and Marines ARE Brothers on the Sea we make fun of each other since the Corps was born... Give and Take

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I have some very good friend that are Marines!
    They learned not to go in water over their head.
    They do not eat M&MS ever.
    But you should see them when the get tangled up with a chocolate covered Marshmallow!
    That is a real laugh RIOT. Very reminiscent of a monkey screwing a football....
    Sailors and Marines ARE Brothers on the Sea we make fun of each other since the Corps was born... Give and Take
    You should have been there the day that put us down in the middle of wet rice paddies. We hadn't gone far before there was a helmet floating on the water. One goober had walked into a bomb crater. One of those B-52 craters. LOL! Luckily there wasn't a lot of "fertilizer" on the water.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    You should have been there the day that put us down in the middle of wet rice paddies. We hadn't gone far before there was a helmet floating on the water. One goober had walked into a bomb crater. One of those B-52 craters. LOL! Luckily there wasn't a lot of "fertilizer" on the water.
    Hey Buddy, I stayed out of those rice sewers. Did get dysentery from river water and leeches. Lost three patrol boats from under me. I don't like swimming in those either. My time was spent in I Corps on the DMZ working with CTs and my spotter just watching Victor Charlie creeping about.....

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    You get to see them craters from the 16 inch guns?

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Hey Buddy, I stayed out of those rice sewers. Did get dysentery from river water and leeches. Lost three patrol boats from under me. I don't like swimming in those either. My time was spent in I Corps on the DMZ working with CTs and my spotter just watching Victor Charlie creeping about.....
    We didn't get a lot of input about LZ's. like none. I almost fired on a Swift boat one night, but as I'm still alive you can see I used restraint.

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    I have a 1911 because it is an iconic piece of American history, just like, I have a bunch of old Winchesters, and a Colt SAA. They were all the best of their respective days, and I love them all.
    there are modern choices that have used some of JMB’s technology, and surpassed it. It’s just progress.

Top Bottom