Military Camp

I'm looking for good reasons to own a 1911, what are they?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Over 600 post to TRY and convince someone WHAT to buy.
    IF he hasn't bought something by now HE is just trolling, and WE fell for it.
    In memory of satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    In memory of satx
    Like we haven't had threads like this before? The reason I didn't suggest a certain gun is because with many things in life, what works best for me, doesn't work best for everyone. But, people feel the need to point out their favorites.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Title pretty much sums it up. I'd just like to hear y'all's reasoning or justification for owning one.

Parts and accessory availability for decades, .45ACP ball ammo is effective in terms of pistol usage in times where premium JHP’s may be scarce with the smaller service calibers, easy to shoot, highly customizable, spectacular triggers (even on sub standard models), superior ergonomics, nostalgia, and they are a pleasure to shoot.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    In memory of satx

Who said this was strictly for the OP? What if one of the millions of new gun owners are looking for something for themselves and are looking for information on the various options available? What if something one of y'all said convinces them a 1911 is a viable option? And possibly gives the gun community one more Pro-2A Activist.

I would think that would be a positive all around. How about you?

And it's 614 posts... for now.

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Bet we couldn't get this many posts if the OP was looking for a reason to buy a Glock.....
    images.jpeg-78.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I thought the entire idea of starting a thread was to initiate a discussion about something, in this case, what are the good reasons for buying and owning a 1911?

Hell, I pretty much thought that was entire premise behind even having a forum in the first place.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I thought the entire idea of starting a thread was to initiate a discussion about something, in this case, what are the good reasons for buying and owning a 1911?

Hell, I pretty much thought that was entire premise behind even having a forum in the first place.
    Some children are slow

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    .45ACP ball ammo is effective in terms of pistol usage in times where premium JHP’s may be scarce with the smaller service calibers,
    I’ve been saying that for years. I have a friend that thinks 9mm is the best round ever invented. He really gets pissy if you point out that 9mm HP and 45 FMJ leave the same size hole.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I’ve been saying that for years. I have a friend that thinks 9mm is the best round ever invented. He really gets pissy if you point out that 9mm HP and 45 FMJ leave the same size hole.

With bullet technology having gotten better over the years, there are lots of great choices in ammo for self defense purposes.

But one thing that is very clear, a 9mm can increase in diameter to a 45, a 45 will never shrink down to a 9mm!

Top Bottom