Lynx Defense

I'm looking for good reasons to own a 1911, what are they?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I do think you and I could write a book of doing without to get where we are. I think you may have seen pictures of some of my collection???
    I have no regrets, only that do not have more.
    Unless someone in particular has been to my home and laid eyes on this.... I know and it is all but impossible o relay the word!
    I've seen rednecks collection personally
    Venture Surplus ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I do think you and I could write a book of doing without to get where we are.

Most wouldn't believe it, based on my observations of much of today's work force. I still do 10-14 hour days routinely. Then again, I ALSO do days where moving more than 20' in a day just ain't gonna happen...lol I've a feeling you did much the same.

I think you may have seen pictures of some of my collection???

Only SOME of it.....dang it! If you weren't so far into enemy territory, I'd sneak up there for a look in person!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    im not making personal attacks on a forum about firearms, am I sarcastic? yes, but you seem to be the one with the attitude here, get a drink of ice water or take a walk or somethin' esse.

I'm not trying to be mean, or anything, but I just don't think this forum is probably suited to, or for your personality. You might want to think about finding one that is more suitable to your liking.

And maybe also work on your manners, since they suck!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    505EABDC-DF3B-4775-884A-02455590E994.gif

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I'm not trying to be mean, or anything, but I just don't think this forum is probably suited to, or for your personality. You might want to think about finding one that is more suitable to your liking.

And maybe also work on your manners, since they suck!

One shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Back when I did stand-up comedy (for a short time, very unsuccessfully) I could have used a comedy writer as good as you. :)
    Sometimes I just think funny things. It makes people want to know just what is So funny?
    I sometimes say that I was alarmed at what I saw in the mirror and I just figured it out. OR... did you just see THAT? and pause then say neither did I! then frown...
    I am not naturally funny, I was born warped.
    If one cannot find humor in yourself then you do not deserve to laugh at others.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Some TGT members think their sh!t dont stank, butt it does.

Just ignore them and hang around, it'll get better.
    WHO is Rich??? Certainly NOT me and I don't need any help maintaining brokeness!
    Today I found a Winchester Model 1886 in .45-70... had just enough Pesos in my pocket and gas in my Jeep to get home.
    Spend it Like you have it!
    Cry later.....

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Wrong answer, boys and girls. I specifically asked for your reason(s). Not mine. I know what my reasons are.

I am probably late to the game on 1911's compared to some! I was never in the military so I never had that particular exposure to them, but was introduced to them by a former Marine friend of mine who owned a gun store, over thirty five years ago.

I have enjoyed the platform ever since. Have been on the quest for the "perfect" 1911, ever since then as well. I haven't found it, but what I did find is that interests in 1911's ranges a LOT! I just love a good 1911, regardless of whether it's total custom built, to an old military war horse of a 1911. They are just a great pistol platform.

Last edited:

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I am probably late to the game on 1911's compared to some! I was never in the military so I never had that particular exposure to them, but was introduced to them by a former marine friend of mine who owned a gun store, over thirty five years ago.

I have enjoyed the platform ever since. Have been on the quest for the "perfect" 1911, ever since then as well. I haven't found it, but what I did find is that interests in 1911's ranges a LOT! I just love a good 1911, regardless of whether it's total custom built, to an old military war horse of a 1911. They are just a great pistol platform.
    Excuse me, but we normally capitalize Marine.

Top Bottom