I Think I'm Done With The NFL After This!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Which is why we should vote against local governments funding stadiums or even giving tax breaks for stadiums.

‘Local governments’ will ALWAYS “massage the numbers” to produce “evidence” that by giving this xyz tax break to entice some {money making} pro sports team to their locale, will in turn produce million$ in spin-off development and sales tax base increase, etc.

“If we don’t give these incentive$ (or tax break$), the team will locate somewhere else and our little city will be left out of all the tax revenue that would have been generated” (whether it’s true or not). And of course the voters run scared and approve all the city council recommendations.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I can say that many Seattlites wanted the Kingdome gone. It was the ugliest (looked like a wart on Seattle) and worst seating stadium I had ever been to. The people that approved it's design should have been shot.

But yes, it's all a scam, some businesses flourish due to a stadium being built, but ultimately the residents pay for it in more than just money.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    A “ground breaking” ceremony is happening TODAY for a new Texas Rangers’ Stadium. And I have yet to go to the last new one, they built. I did attend a few games at the old one - the one built before the one they’re in now that is apparently too old and will be replaced by the one they start construction on today (to be opened in 2020, according to the news report). Geezzz....

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A “ground breaking” ceremony is happening TODAY for a new Texas Rangers’ Stadium. And I have yet to go to the last new one, they built. I did attend a few games at the old one - the one built before the one they’re in now that is apparently too old and will be replaced by the one they start construction on today (to be opened in 2020, according to the news report). Geezzz....

Been to the old one a time or two. Thought it was pretty darn nice. Can't believe they are building another.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Been to the old one a time or two. Thought it was pretty darn nice. Can't believe they are building another.

Yeah... and at what cost? (Not even sure I want to know!).

It’s right up there with these darn high school football stadiums. Allen, TX = $60M; McKinney = $70M+ (not counting the $10M+ for the land acquisition) and whatever Katy’s stadium cost (I think, more than McKinney’s).

Sorry for the “off topic”... the NFL can go to Hell!

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's called, keeping up with the Joneses, and I don't mean Jerry. With all the state of the art stadiums that have been built they feel they should have one too.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The cost is often initially justified by the politician's (hey, it's great for their "legacy") as being borne by visitor's, in the form of hotel and transportation taxes, but in an increasing number of instances, the teams, never satisfied with an old stadium, always insure they have an option to leave the local taxpayers on the hook for the old if they can't get the new.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    ...I have seen where cops had killed white guys, but I can't once remember hearing there was a hate campaign against cops because of it. ...

I did some research on this in September of last year. The numbers were interesting for sure. The BLM narrative is a lie. This the the national breakdown by race for 2016 up through September (when I grabbed the data).

White 376 (45%)
    unreported 78 (9%)
    Black 206 (24%)
    Indigenous 21 (2%)
    Latino 142 (17%)
    Pac. Islander 6 (1%)
    Asian 10 (1%)
    Other 2 (0%)

I have it broken down by state too. In CA (for example) twice as many Latinos died in police encounters than blacks.

If you want to look at my data, it here: http://blog.daviddemartini.com/archives/date/2016/09

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

It’s right up there with these darn high school football stadiums. Allen, TX = $60M; McKinney = $70M+ (not counting the $10M+ for the land acquisition) and whatever Katy’s stadium cost (I think, more than McKinney’s).

You do realize that is a drop in the bucket compared to pro sports. Probably all the school stadiums (not including University) in Texas costs don't even add up to one ATT stadium.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Yeah, don't even get me started on the waste of taxpayer money for ridiculous HS stadiums.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I did some research on this in September of last year. The numbers were interesting for sure. The BLM narrative is a lie. This the the national breakdown by race for 2016 up through September (when I grabbed the data).

White 376 (45%)
    unreported 78 (9%)
    Black 206 (24%)
    Indigenous 21 (2%)
    Latino 142 (17%)
    Pac. Islander 6 (1%)
    Asian 10 (1%)
    Other 2 (0%)

I have it broken down by state too. In CA (for example) twice as many Latinos died in police encounters than blacks.

If you want to look at my data, it here: http://blog.daviddemartini.com/archives/date/2016/09

Boy are you going to be unpopular with liberals. How dare you use facts!

You are absolutely correct.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You do realize that is a drop in the bucket compared to pro sports. Probably all the school stadiums (not including University) in Texas costs don't even add up to one ATT stadium.

Umm, the standard of comparison for HS stadiums should never be pro stadiums.

Ludicrous to spend $60M on a HS stadium, in and of its own merits. Video scoreboards at HS stadiums? Also ridiculous. Indoor practice fields for HS (I know of at least one) - right again, ridiculous. Not only a waste of taxpayer money, but funds are much more sorely needed for education (imagine that) in HS's.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom