I Think I'm Done With The NFL After This!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Now, she (& Robert Redford) are out promoting their latest movie together. (I won’t be spending my money to go see it; her smile and laughter as she was climbing into the seat of that anti-aircraft gun is a mental picture I have that’s as fresh as if it happened yesterday).

Fritz609

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    H-Town
    I find it funny how people can be choosy on what constitutional rights they are gun-ho for. As 2nd amendment believers, all other amendments should be fought for also. I do feel the other players and owners are only on the bandwagon to get back at Trump. Billionaires don't like to be told what to do. It's clearly an ego thing. Nothing at all related to the original concept of the kneeling.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I find it funny how people can be choosy on what constitutional rights they are gun-ho for. As 2nd amendment believers, all other amendments should be fought for also. I do feel the other players and owners are only on the bandwagon to get back at Trump. Billionaires don't like to be told what to do. It's clearly an ego thing. Nothing at all related to the original concept of the kneeling.

Fritz609,

What makes you believe that Colin K******** had enough brains to HAVE a "concept"?
    (I saw an interview with him on cable TV about a week ago & he sounds like a DUNCE, FIRST CLASS.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Still giving them attention I see. Exactly what they are going for.

TreyG-20,

Inasmuch as the latest national polls say that only about 25-30% of adults support "the protestors", I don't think that it's the sort of attention that the moron left/the protestors desire.

yours, satx

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    TreyG-20,

Inasmuch as the latest national polls say that only about 25-30% of adults support "the protestors", I don't think that it's the sort of attention that the moron left/the protestors desire.

yours, satx
    I disagree. Have you ever met a trouble maker? I mean one those hardcore desperate for attention (no matter what kind) seekers? They are all well paid and could get by if fired today. They are fueling the pot of hate and the ultimate goal is to divide us. I'd say so far it's working well. Best thing to do is to look right past their BS altogether. Ignore it.

Time On Target

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2016

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    They may be coerced into standing, but the insult and their mind set will remain. Disrespect my country, my flag and the people who have sacrificed, is something I will not forget or forgive.
    I still remember the Jane Fonda's and drugged out hippies who spat on the uniforms of those returning from Vietnam. Those brain dead spoiled brats of the 60's have reproduced and this is the end result.

Umm, you are having trouble with math here.

Today's 20 YO's are mostly not kids of the 60's crowd. Unless they started late in life.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Still giving them attention I see. Exactly what they are going for.
    How many pro football players are on this forum? Is giving my thoughts here giving them attention? I am ignoring them by not watching or buying anything to do with them. Unless you are speaking for yourself as one that I should be ignoring.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    How many pro football players are on this forum? Is giving my thoughts here giving them attention? I am ignoring them by not watching or buying anything to do with them. Unless you are speaking for yourself as one that I should be ignoring.
    None that I know of. Yes it is. Feel free to do so.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I haven't read the entire thread, because I don't need to take up that much of my time on a non-issue... I look at it this way:

The NFL owners, leadership and the players are showing everyone just how they feel- they ARE disrespecting the flag, because they don't respect it. They are showing just how out of touch they are from the average American- it's that simple.

I've never had an interest in the NFL, and only a passing interest in other football.... so not much would change for me if the NFL ceased to exist.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    In an unprecedented move, DirecTV is now offering subscribers a cancellation and refund of the NFL Sunday Ticket package if the customer is unhappy with the national anthem protests sweeping the NFL, ESPN confirmed via a source.

"Once the season starts, fans usually cannot cancel their subscriptions, but AT&T, which owns DirecTV, decided to change the policy due to the sensitivity of the issue. The price of the package, which allows fans to get out-of-market games, is about $280," reports ESPN.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21589...tm_content=092717-news&utm_campaign=position1

bumblebee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2015
    Lubbock, Tx
    As a U.S Marine Corps Veteran and a defender of the U.S Constitution, I support the actions of every person that kneels during the anthem for the protest in regards to police brutality against blacks.

I see a lot of people are saying that it is disrespectful to the flag and while I am in agreement, I feel the Flag is not as important has the U.S Constitution. The very act of kneeling and disrespecting the flag is a freedom granted by the First Amendment of the U.S Constitution.

I served to Defend the U.S Constitution and not the flag.

This is basically a Black vs White issue, imo. Blacks have just has much right to freedom of speech has whites do. They are In Fact Citizens of United States of America.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    As a U.S Marine Corps Veteran and a defender of the U.S Constitution, I support the actions of every person that kneels during the anthem for the protest in regards to police brutality against blacks.

I see a lot of people are saying that it is disrespectful to the flag and while I am in agreement, I feel the Flag is not as important has the U.S Constitution. The very act of kneeling and disrespecting the flag is a freedom granted by the First Amendment of the U.S Constitution.

This is basically a Black vs White issue, imo. Blacks have just has much right to freedom of speech has whites do. They are In Fact Citizens of United States of America.

Unless you can point to anyone saying these men should be incarcerated for what they're doing, this isn't a constitutional issue, it's a workplace issue.

This is why I get so upset when people keep saying they have a right to do this. It's propagating a false notion that this is somehow a protected action. It's only protected from being made illegal. Nobody is saying arrest them. They're saying fire them. The Constitution does not protect people from the consequences of their actions, it only protects them from laws abridging their right to perform those actions that may/should get them fired.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Exactly what does the flag have to do with police brutality? When I salute the flag (stand, hand over heart), I do so out of respect to our country and those that fought and died for it. Not once did I do that in support of police brutality or even had that come to mind.

As for the sporting events, it has been a tradition for over 150 years. When it was one person I felt it was in very bad taste. Now it's epidemic and gone beyond bad taste. It's disrespectful to those who care and I am one who cares. I am not telling anyone who feels differently how they should feel about it, but I now have no respect for the NFL.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Even if the facts do not back up their allegations of police brutality (which they do not, by the way)?

They have the right to be disrespectful. I have the right to disagree with them. To boycott the NFL and the sponsors. What is your problem with me exercising MY rights?

Race issue? Garbage. I have had friends of all ethnic groups since I was a kid. Hired and promoted based on merit without ever considering race (hired and promoted a number of minorities, sometimes minorities were actually a majority in my organization). Are you accusing me of being a racist? Sure sounds like it. Are you among the liberals who accuse anyone with whom they disagree of being racist? Your post could indicate such.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom