I Think I'm Done With The NFL After This!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    As a U.S Marine Corps Veteran and a defender of the U.S Constitution, I support the actions of every person that kneels during the anthem for the protest in regards to police brutality against blacks.

I see a lot of people are saying that it is disrespectful to the flag and while I am in agreement, I feel the Flag is not as important has the U.S Constitution. The very act of kneeling and disrespecting the flag is a freedom granted by the First Amendment of the U.S Constitution.

I served to Defend the U.S Constitution and not the flag.

This is basically a Black vs White issue, imo. Blacks have just has much right to freedom of speech has whites do. They are In Fact Citizens of United States of America.

Yes, being rude and crude verbally or behaviorally in any setting is a right that we all have.

Most mature adults will control themselves and not engage in such behavior in public!

Last edited:

bumblebee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2015
    Lubbock, Tx
    The quickest way to find out if this is all based on "RACE" is to look at the RACE of the individuals who are predominately complaining about the kneeling.

Most blacks support the protest. Most Blacks are the ones kneeling. The few Blacks that do not support the kneeling protest, are Black Conservative Republicans, your Ben Carson's and Sheriff Clarke, which Black community already doesn't support. The rest of the people that do not support the kneeling protest are people who are NOT Black. Basically everyone else that has a history of hating and disenfranching Blacks, like your Whites and Hispanics.

This is essentially a Black vs White issue and there is no denying that. I hope one day this country can really unite together and learn to love and accept one another. It seems we still have a long way to go.

roberthleeii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    I just canceled my sports package...

I cant watch or support what is happening on that field as an American. They may have the right but they should not.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The quickest way to find out if this is all based on "RACE" is to look at the RACE of the individuals who are predominately complaining about the kneeling.

Most blacks support the protest. Most Blacks are the ones kneeling. The few Blacks that do not support the kneeling protest, are Black Conservative Republicans, your Ben Carson's and Sheriff Clarke, which Black community already doesn't support. The rest of the people that do not support the kneeling protest are people who are NOT Black. Basically everyone else that has a history of hating and disenfranching Blacks, like your Whites and Hispanics.

This is essentially a Black vs White issue and there is no denying that. I hope one day this country can really unite together and learn to love and accept one another. It seems we still have a long way to go.

You just made it about race.
    I still think it's about respect for and love of USA.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

So what's next? How is this helping in any way? Equality has gotten better since I was born yet I am seeing more protests and more divide today then I did 10 years ago. The only way you can end race issues is if people quit making it a race issue. I have seen where cops had killed white guys, but I can't once remember hearing there was a hate campaign against cops because of it. I have lived in the ghetto of Seattle and I have seen how cops are treated, I can understand but not saying it's right, how cops can be a bit on edge in those situations. In many cases it's like going into a war zone and they are the enemy.

Let them protest where it's appropriate, the news these days certainly seems to want to cover it no matter where, it doesn't have to be during a game where the players don't seem to be on an unequal field.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin

Quit making things up.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

If you think this is a black vs white or I don't like Trump thing, you are delusional. I grew up in an Army brat in the '60s. I've seen soldiers, and civilians, of ALL colors stand for the National Anthem and/or stand at attention and salute the flag when appropriate. Regardless of what their political was or wheteher they agreed with something the POTUS or anyone else said. If you think all blacks agree with this, quit hanging out with ghetto rats. The only blacks I have seen that agree with the players are the ones that think we OWE them something. I know a lot of blacks, especially ex-military and combat vets that are disgusted with the players. A bunch of under-educated, overgrown kids playing a game and getting rich while doing NOTHING of substance about the problems they are complaining about.
    Neither the National Anthem nor the Constitution are racial. They are for all of us regardless of race. They are not disrespecting Trump. They are disrespecting the things that stand for what they say they want as well as every soldier that ever fought to give them the right to be stupid and get rich at the same time.
    Mad because there are racists in America? Well, just DAMN!! You're right. There are. Of EVERY color and national origin. Name a country on this planet where there isn't racism or ethnic bias and I will call you a liar. This is not an American thing, it's world wide. Allways has been. Isn't real likely to go away any time soon either.
    Here is a novel idea for them. Instead of wasting your time disrespecting others, why not use some of those millions they make to actually do something of substance for those they think deserve it instead of partying and looking cool? Or, if they think everone else in America is so unfair, they can move to, say, Africa. I mean, we all know how "fair" everyone there is. They should like it much better.

I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but they and anyone that agrees with them, can kiss it. I have no respect for them or anything they stand for.

from an idjit coffeeholic

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Actually, a number of blacks (George Foreman, Jim Brown, a number of retired NFL players, etc.) have spoken out against the kneeling. I guess they are not really black in your book? The black community does not support them? I think not.

If any racism is being practiced, it is on the part of blacks using your logic.

You can thank Obama (black) for setting back race relations by 40 years.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seen a lot of post that seem to say speaking against those who kneel is unsupportive of the 1A. Let me explain why this is false.

The 1A does not have the sole purpose of securing the right of people to express their ideas. It's very important that it protects the right to do so, but we know that not all ideas are good ideas.

The beauty of the 1A is that it also protects the right to challenge ideas. This is just as important as the right to communicate an idea in the first place. It protects our right to point out that white nationalists are shit heads, Antifa are fascists, and people who kneel during the national anthem in order to push a false narrative are stupid.

Challenging these fools isn't anti free speech, it's fulfilling the purpose of having the right protected.

These people are useful idiots creating issues on the foundation of lies. Meanwhile, we are still running massive deficits, North Korea is still being NK, health insurance is still a mess, and no one seems to have a clue what to do about it. We are stomping at brush fires while the forest is ready to go up.

Politicians are winning though. Bases are fired up on both sides.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Unless you can point to anyone saying these men should be incarcerated for what they're doing, this isn't a constitutional issue, it's a workplace issue.

This is why I get so upset when people keep saying they have a right to do this. It's propagating a false notion that this is somehow a protected action. It's only protected from being made illegal. Nobody is saying arrest them. They're saying fire them. The Constitution does not protect people from the consequences of their actions, it only protects them from laws abridging their right to perform those actions that may/should
    get them fired.
    ^^^^ THIS

The NFL should fine them $100,000 for each instance, with ALL of that money going to fund charities that address the issues that the players should be addressing in their personal lives... what they are doing is referred to as lacktivisim... since they are literally doing the least they can do. After implemented- if they have any balls, then they'll gladly take a knee in order to have the money go to charity.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I worry about people that can't speak without waving their hands around.
    I dunno . . . she's talking to me with those bigguns.

But seriously, good speakers are taught to use their hands effectively when they speak. But there's no doubt it CAN become a distraction. Nothing she did in that video was a distraction to me.

M
    O
    T
    O
    R
    B
    O
    A
    T

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX

Before I start, let me first say, thank you for your service. For that you have my respect and gratitude. Now for the criticism:

Well you switched from Constitution issue to a couple of issues so I'll address them in order.

1) I don't care if it's a race issue, it still doesn't belong in the workplace. These are employees of teams that work directly under guidance for the NFL, again, an organization that receives very large subsidies from the U.S. taxpayers. They are there to provide entertainment in the form of sports not political commentary. Under their own contracts, any actions, on or off the field, that represent a detriment to the image of professional football are justification for termination of contract. I still say fire the SOBs...black or white or yellow or pink with purple polkadots, I really don't give a rat's patoot.

2) This isn't really a black vs. white issue. This is really a liberal vs. conservative issue. The fact that most blacks are liberal has no bearing on the issue. You choose to eliminate the vote of conservative blacks because it seems that, in your opinion, a conservative black man doesn't properly represent the black community. That in itself is racist or at least segregationist.

3) This country will never get over the race issue. No country has ever gotten over a race issue. Even in countries where there is one race, they divide themselves along religious grounds, political grounds, tribal grounds, etc. People are inherently selective in their peers. They always have been, and they always will be.

As an anecdote, I'll give an example. I was working for the Navy running ethernet cable at the North Island base in Coronado, CA. My entire team with the exception of myself was black. The boss was much older, but most of my team was younger. We got along well, never had issue, never fought, met after work for a beer most days but always on payday. One morning we're talking and somehow the issue of white people being racist came up. They said in very frank terms that they were well aware that when white people woke up in the morning that they consciously thought about ways to oppress black people. At first I giggled, and then I realized they were serious. I asked my boss if he believed that BS. He nodded and said, "yeah, pretty much." My first thought was, "Wow! How f---ing arrogant. You think I give d--n about you first thing in the morning? The first thing I think about is that I don't want to bust my a$$ for no money for another 8 hours. Then I think about how much money I can spend that day and still pay my bills. Then I slap together lunch and go bust my rump with people of all shapes, sizes, races, and religions, and the only thing that makes me want to not work with someone is when they stink."

Unfortunately, it seems that there is this false premonition in black communities that white people hate them, that white people want to oppress them, and that white people think they're better than them. Until black communities can get over themselves and realize we really don't think about them at all, you will continue to see black vs. white protests, because I'm starting to believe that when black people wake up in the morning, the first thing they think about is racial issues vs. real life issues. You can always find a problem if you look for it, as you seem to have done here. And that, my good sir, is why you will never stop a divide in this country...whether the divide is racial, religious, political, or otherwise.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Very well said Fiend. I don't wake up in the morning figuring out how to oppress black people. I've got enough to think about with the upcoming day and they are not even on the radar. Get in my face with an issue and I'll think about it, for about 10 seconds, don't care what color you are.

Sounds to me like they have a problem, not me.

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    I never got into football or anything where little kids play with balls .... Id rather watch extreme sports and car racing (not nascar, not my thing), or old episodes of jackass, cky or viva la bam. Or go to the range
    If they want to act like little kids and bring issues from home to work, there idiots but I don't watch it anyways. I never have funded the nfl and never will.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom