• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My chili is made with Lima beans, pork, tomatoes, and the shell shaped egg noodles.

It’s the best chili you’ll ever eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    1CE07F3A-5A99-4B3F-90EC-666B6A45230D.gif

Attachments

• 1CE07F3A-5A99-4B3F-90EC-666B6A45230D.gif
      1CE07F3A-5A99-4B3F-90EC-666B6A45230D.gif
      1,014.2 KB · Views: 469

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My chili is made with Lima beans, pork, tomatoes, and the shell shaped egg noodles.

It’s the best chili you’ll ever eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not as good as my Asian chili. Prawns, ginger, a little bit of curry and lentils.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    OP sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's not chili and best to not say that in Texas. What you have there is a stew.
    "Authentic" chili is suet (you can substitute a little bacon grease) beef and peppers, onion, garlic and cumin, water thats it.

Most Texans will forgive a few pinto beans but tomatoes are flirtin' with disaster. Beef should be roughly 1" cubes, chiles should be ground.

Not trying to start a war but you wouldn't call a veggie wrap a burrito and 'chili' isn't up for interpretation, it means one thing.

I'm sure most any Texan would share most of their recipe but the details tend to be kept to the family.

One thing about coming to Texas; embrace the culture and the state of mind else you'll always just be an outsider encroaching.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    OP sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's not chili and best to not say that in Texas. What you have there is a stew.
    "Authentic" chili is suet (you can substitute a little bacon grease) beef and peppers, onion, garlic and cumin, water thats it.

Most Texans will forgive a few pinto beans but tomatoes are flirtin' with disaster. Beef should be roughly 1" cubes, chiles should be ground.

Not trying to start a war but you wouldn't call a veggie wrap a burrito and 'chili' isn't up for interpretation, it means one thing.

I'm sure most any Texan would share most of their recipe but the details tend to be kept to the family.

One thing about coming to Texas; embrace the culture and the state of mind else you'll always just be an outsider encroaching.
    That sounds like carne guisada... it can't hardly be chili without chili powder.

Rob945

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    North Texas

And a little masa to thicken it a bit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom