• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ate at Franklin few days ago...YEP great, but honestly think for brisket La BBQ is as good or better.

so I figured out how Franklin does it so good and so consistent. He runs a small place, runs out of meat EVERY day...why? He Hans selects his meat, every brisket and he only takes the best, does not get much meat that way. NOT cheap. Wife and I, no booze, $82bucks but did have enough left over for us to have lunch next day...

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Ate at Franklin few days ago...YEP great, but honestly think for brisket La BBQ is as good or better.

so I figured out how Franklin does it so good and so consistent. He runs a small place, runs out of meat EVERY day...why? He Hans selects his meat, every brisket and he only takes the best, does not get much meat that way. NOT cheap. Wife and I, no booze, $82bucks but did have enough left over for us to have lunch next day...

Worth the wait? Last time I went to La Barbecue I passed by Franklin and there was a line down the street with umbrellas and all that. No line at La Barbecue. I ate at 11:00 AM.

Last time at Black's. I was passing through Lockhart for work. Was hungry, stopped in at about 3:00 PM. No line, hit the spot and was damn good.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Worth the wait? Last time I went to La Barbecue I passed by Franklin and there was a line down the street with umbrellas and all that. No line at La Barbecue. I ate at 11:00 AM.

Last time at Black's. I was passing through Lockhart for work. Was hungry, stopped in at about 3:00 PM. No line, hit the spot and was damn good.
    Yes worth the wait, but then waiting for good Q is the norm. Given 2 lines one for Franklin and one for La Q, I would line up for La, which is not saying anything bad about Franklin at all. Franklin has the quality of meat over anyplace I have ever been...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I wait 8 or so hours for mine, but it's pretty cost effective.
    The best is done at home, with friends and family.

KBMiii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    San Antonio
    Many moons ago, I lived in Huntsville and there was this Baptist church. On the weekends they would fire up the pit and smoke up some of the best brisket.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I love Cooper's pork loin, and pretty much everything but the brisket. I though it was too fatty, and a bit chewy. The rest is top shelf.

Top Bottom