• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I always like the Salt Lick. The old Kreutz's in Lockhart was fun to take clients into - they had to stand in the pit smoke to order their grub, the new one is, is, just too new. Here in San Marcos, I think the best one is Hays County BBQ. The one that's been around a long time, Fuschaks is marginal at best. Anyone gone to Cameron BBQ in (duh) Cameron lately. I haven't been there in 30 years, but they used to be killer.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Man you aint playin, I'd tow that sucker down to 5 mile dam and getchyo grub on.

I'm callin Cooper's of Llano for store bought. Ain't tried Franklin yet.
    whaaaaaaaaaaa chu know bout 5 mile dam i live about 1 mile from there!!!
    if you havent seen it it has changed

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    There are Coopers all over the place and the one in Llano is the only one worth eating at IMO...
    Yeah I've been to the one in Junction, but it wasn't near as good. I hear there's one in New Braunfels now. But I haven't been in the Hill Country now for WAY too long. All I gots Rudy's out here. Went there twice in the last two days...

I want a smoker, but I hear it's a bitch to learn those sideways ones. Plus I aint got no place to put it. And I'd fuckin die BBQ in the sick ass desert heat. Throw that fucker on the sidewalk here for 8 hrs with some liquid smoke and go inside...

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I always like the Salt Lick. The old Kreutz's in Lockhart was fun to take clients into - they had to stand in the pit smoke to order their grub, the new one is, is, just too new. Here in San Marcos, I think the best one is Hays County BBQ. The one that's been around a long time, Fuschaks is marginal at best. Anyone gone to Cameron BBQ in (duh) Cameron lately. I haven't been there in 30 years, but they used to be killer.

You talking bout that one on Hunter road? That dude used to be the sausage meister at Kruez IIRC. Pretty good.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Yep he's talking about hays co. Best BBQ in San Marcos. Fushackz is not very good at all. There is a place in nb called coopers that's really good but over priced.

I used to go get the potatoes there. Not too bad. But hell if I want to get serious BBQ there's real good shit all around. Just a weekend day trip away or less.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I forgot to mention one of my favorite BBQ joints. Its called harmonds in Cibolo Texas. They burnt down last year but reopened recently. Good barbeque and good prices.

Top Bottom