• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Not sure what the difference could be between dogs but my late rotty killed the san augustine grass every time he peed. When I let him out in the back yard, the procedure was to go straight for the garden hose, flood the urine spot and melt the poop into the lawn.
    Lynx Defense

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Just like Roger said, the street easement in my neighborhood is similar. Our obligation as homeowners is to maintain the "public"areas including the front strip of grass by the street. I walk my dog on a short leash that's about 8 ft long. She usually pees on the front strips but occassionally does her business elsewhere. I am always repectful of those that maintain their lawns well or have little ones running around out front. If I have seen kids playing in the grass I won't let my dog pee in their lawn. I was out after 7:30pm when the toddlers are already inside. If every dog in the nieghborhood was peeing in my grass, I might get ticked off about it but that is an extremely un-realistic scenario. My dog is one of the Lucky few that actually get walked every day(prob. only 25% get walked daily). Anyhow, it's almost comical to see how serious some of us feel about a dog pissing on a lawn. I am a native Texan who has spent many years walking my dogs in several different neighborhoods and cities. Dog pee pales in comparison to what cats do every night in a neighborhood like mine. My dog stays on a short leash and is so well-liked by the kids nearby that they once made a banner for her as a school project saying that she provides a community service to the neighborhood by being such a good dog. So when someone makes a demand, implying a consequence for something I cannot accomplish, it pisses me off ! I'm not trying to get in his head about what he's thinking or what's happened to his lawn in the past. I look at it for what it is, a dog peed on some grass, who cares?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So I was out walking my dog tonight around the neighborhood when she squats to pee in someones lawn. She does her business and right as I start to move along I hear a couple of loud bangs coming from the upstairs window of the house. Shortly therefter, some guy yells " You better pick up your dogs shit off my lawn". Now, take in mind, I live in a very large neighborhood of well over 1000 homes. It is a very pet friendly development with at least a dog in every other backyard. They even go so far as to provide mess bags(for free) at several high traffic areas. Not to mention, I was carrying one at the time with my dogs crap already in it. So obviously, there was no dog crap for me to take off of his lawn and I certainly didn't appreciate his tone or language. I DID immediately respond with bag held up, "my dog didn't shit in your lawn..... thanks". But a part of me is still left fuming even though my point was communicated. I guess its because he decided to "get tough" from behind the second story screened window of his house. Maybe if he actually knew what was actually going on in his own front yard he might have kept his mouth shut. It amazes me how little respect people show each other now a days over the most trivial crap. Anyhow, just wanted to share and see how y'all might have approached this.

Don't let your dog piss, shit, sniff, or do anything else on his lawn or someone else's. Use the curb.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    See that's the problem with the country today. People cleaning up dog crap. When I was growing up in the 1750s, 1850s 1950s (pick two) there were no leash laws. Dogs crapped where dogs crapped and it was up to us to watch where we stepped. We learned the world isn't fair from all those doggy landmines. Today, kids expect the world to be fair and get upset when it isn't. Tough. No wonder Obama got elected. It is all because of this crap.

michael e

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    Wouldnt worry about it. Now my neighbors across the steet let their dogs run all over place and poop in my yard all the time. Next door neighbor actually aasked me to get my dogs to crap in their yards because he was tired of picking up crap from them. If my dog poops when we are walking I clean it up, but they usually wait untill we get back to our yard. Guess they like pooping at home just like me. ( I don't poop in my yard, just perfer to go at my house.)

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have two golden retrievers that we frequently walk around the neighborhood with including the kiddos. If they poop in someone's yard, I pick it up. If they see, well, not much you can do there. My dogs though will rarely ever use the restroom outside their own back yard for some reason.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I just don't see what the big deal was.
    I have dogs. I walk them. If the same thing had happened to me, it would simply be a funny story: "Hey guys, Mo (my dog) peed on this guys lawn and he yelled at me because he thought it was crap!"
    The guy has a right to yell at you on his property. That's all.

Quit being all butthurt about it! Move on, stay away from that particular guys' property, and you should be okay!
    And keep walking your dogs! Like Flash said, doggies need that!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    th_dogpeeline.jpg

<j/k TexMex>

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I think the homeowner was just frustrated at all the assholes who don't pick up after their dogs and just yelled that as a matter of course. I think your response of holding up the bag was fine. Besides, in the course of life there's worse things out there we all could be dealing with and it's easy to let something like this go.

Top Bottom