• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We all have dogs out here in the rural areas and poop is not an issue. I don't like it when dogs run loose because they take a dump in someone's yard and most likely near the house. I walk Jake on the street and on a leash and he does business in the road easement which extends 15 feet from the center line of the road on each side. We all mow those easements but we don't own them. It doesn't sound like you had the dog in his yard at all!

What kind of food do you give your dog? Ol Roy and some of the bulk products (cheap) make huge piles of poop. I must admit, I hate seeing a pile like that but hey....animals poop. Jake is a small male Toy Fox Terrier and he "marks" almost everywhere. His poop looks like a "Tootsie Roll" and when he "marks", it is about 6 drops of pee. Sniffing.......That's huge for a dog in doggie politics and they have "mailboxes" that they all make deposits on. Smelling other doggie pee and poop is what they do and they are happy when you let them investigate like that.

So....were you on his yard or on the road easement? I would walk softly around a neighbor who gets pissed off about a dog being on his yard just because that's how I am. I won't intentionally jack with someone. But would I worry about him? Hell, no! F---him!

Flash
    Gun Zone Deals

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    You said there were 1000 homes in your neighborhood with every other one having a dog (500 dogs). So technically if all 500 of those people wanted to have their dogs come over and pee in someones yard that would be ok? What is the cut off number? Personally I probably would be pissed off if I had to smell dog urine in my yard when I did not own a dog. You have to remember that there are 500 people who do not own a dog. Having a dog piss on my yard would be the same as a human pissing in my yard. It is like saying "yes I know you worked hard to pay for this property but now I want to piss on it". I have nothing against dogs but there are public places to take a dog especially in its own yard.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    +1 to the above. Every time I catch my neighbors letting their dogs shit in my lawn, i look at em like

WTFSloth.gif

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Wow. I come from the other side. Most animals excrete waste - even me.
    I don't expect deer to clean up after themselves and neither do I expect dogs to.
    Guess I lived in the country too long, but I don't worry about any crap on my lawn.
    Have you ever used cow manure for fertilizer? That is a LOT worse than a dog.
    Think he cleans up after the squirrels?

i'm glad you arent my neighbor! :)

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i didnt get that the actual issue was whether the pooch went #1 or #2....but the home owners perception of what he saw......maybe he had a bad day? maybe he had other things going on - and maybe he looked out and thought he saw the dog crapping in his yard - and maybe he's had it "up to here" (points to forehead) with dogs crapping in his yard - so he reacted as he did - thats his right to do so - whether we think he reacted appropriately or not

my original response was "why be mad/fuming" over something like this? wave to the dude and apologize - point out that she only peed - no harm no foul - let him know that you're a responsible dog owner and pick up after your pet - and move on

if the very worst thing that happened to you yesterday was this dude flying off the handle - i'd say you had a really good day

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    My dad was working at this old mans house oneday and he walkked over to my dad and asked if he was scared of guns. He said no and the old man pulls out a pistol walks outside and BANG! my dad ran out and hes dragging a dead dog down the road by its leash. Turns out some dumbass lady walked her dog straight to this mans yard everyday so it could shit then she would leave it. He called the police/animal control/ neighborhood about it several times they all told him to deal with it.

So When he went outside the dog was in the middle of dropping one he grabs the leash from the lady shoots the dog, drags it down the road and throws it on her porch, and walks back home. Funny thing is she called the cops and they sided with him. A little extreme? yes, but some people will never learn.

I say brush it off, and laugh. Dont be suprised if you wake up one morning and that guys dropping a duece in your front yard though...lol

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    he grabs the leash from the lady shoots the dog, drags it down the road and throws it on her porch, and walks back home.

Given the right dog owner, that SOB wouldn't live to see the sun set. That's not a smart thing to do.

Flash

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I hate when people do that. I havent seen it done on my yard, but I see people doing it to others. I would prob say something like, "Need a bag to pick that up?" Pee, I dont care so much about.
    But yea, you hurt my dog and we got a major problem.
    Whos starting the thread on leashes?

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Why don't you let your dog out into YOUR back yard to do his business and then take him for his walk. Simple solution. You may still have to be prepared for a just in case... but do your part to mitigate problems. IMO you have no cause to be upset with this person.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Why don't you let your dog out into YOUR back yard to do his business and then take him for his walk. Simple solution. You may still have to be prepared for a just in case... but do your part to mitigate problems. IMO you have no cause to be upset with this person.

this doesnt work with all dogs - unfortunately......i have 3 dogs - and one of them - we'll call her Sunny (because thats her name)......will poop and pee on a walk 100% of the time - no matter if she did her business before leaving or not.....no clue why - its just how she's wired

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My dad was working at this old mans house oneday and he walkked over to my dad and asked if he was scared of guns. He said no and the old man pulls out a pistol walks outside and BANG! my dad ran out and hes dragging a dead dog down the road by its leash. Turns out some dumbass lady walked her dog straight to this mans yard everyday so it could shit then she would leave it. He called the police/animal control/ neighborhood about it several times they all told him to deal with it.

So When he went outside the dog was in the middle of dropping one he grabs the leash from the lady shoots the dog, drags it down the road and throws it on her porch, and walks back home. Funny thing is she called the cops and they sided with him. A little extreme? yes, but some people will never learn.

I say brush it off, and laugh. Dont be suprised if you wake up one morning and that guys dropping a duece in your front yard though...lol

I find this very hard to believe.....

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Walking a dog is far more than allowing it to dump waste. Done correctly, it reaffirms that you are the "Alpha" in the dog's life. The dog should never pull on the leash. The leash is not there to restrain the dog, it is there to remind him/her where the boundaries are and who is in charge. You tell them when they are behaving and when they mess up.

Jake has a fenced in back yard where he can run loose. The "Walkies" we do on the leash are real important to his being behaved. This spring, he's feeling his oats and sometimes oversteps his boundaries. He is a very intelligent and strong willed dog, anyway. At times like that, I carry a fly swatter but I never need to hit him. It's just a reminder that I am the boss, he is the dog and even though he's loved, I am still the Alpha, here. Our Vet says he is one of the best behaved dogs she deals with. That's because I work with him and teach him how to behave. My dog is not afraid of me but he accepts me as his Alpha. I love him, pet him, tell him he's a "good boy" and he really wants to be good. That makes him happy and me happy, too.

I see the dogs next door every day. They are wild, crazy, destructive and a major pain. No one interacts with those dogs so the family moved their pen way out into the yard and the behavior got worse! The dogs wanted to interact with the family and wanted to learn and be good dogs but they weren't TAUGHT how to be good. They don't know what it takes to be part of the family, to be gentle or well behaved until YOU teach them. I have NEVER seen those dogs being walked on a leash or being trained. It's a real shame. One is a registered Boxer and the other a registered Jack Russell Terrier so they have real potential but they're just wild, undisciplined fur bags.

Walking properly on a leash is the first step. When they accept you as the boss, the rest is easy. When folks see a dog owner walking their pet on a leash, perhaps they could see that the owner is trying to train a well behaved dog.

There are no bad dogs.....just lousy dog owners. As a retired teacher I can also say that raising a child is 100% the same as raising a dog. The same rules apply.

Flash

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Walking a dog is far more than allowing it to dump waste. Done correctly, it reaffirms that you are the "Alpha" in the dog's life. The dog should never pull on the leash. The leash is not there to restrain the dog, it is there to remind him/her where the boundaries are and who is in charge. You tell them when they are behaving and when they mess up.

Jake has a fenced in back yard where he can run loose. The "Walkies" we do are real important to his being behaved. This spring, he's feeling his oats and sometimes oversteps his boundaries. At times like that, I carry a fly swatter but I never need to hit him. It's just a reminder that I am the boss, he is the dog and even though he's loved, I am still the Alpha, here. Our Vet says he is one of the best behaved dogs she deals with. That's because I work with him and teach him how to behave. My dog is not afraid of me but he accepts me as his Alpha. I love him, pet him, tell him he's a "good boy" and he really wants to be good. That makes him happy and me happy, too.

I see the dogs next door every day. They are wild, crazy, destructive and a major pain. No one interacts with those dogs so the family moved their pen way out into the yard and the behavior got worse! The dogs wanted to interact with the family and wanted to learn and be good dogs but they weren't TAUGHT how to be good. They don't know what it takes to be part of the family, to be gentle or well behaved until YOU teach them. I have NEVER seen those dogs being walked on a leash or being trained. It's a real shame. One is a registered Boxer and the other a registered Jack Russell Terrier so they have real potential but they're just wild, undisciplined fur bags.

Walking properly on a leash is the first step. When they accept you as the boss, the rest is easy. When folks see a dog owner walking their pet on a leash, perhaps they could see that the owner is trying to train a well behaved dog.

There are no bad dogs.....just lousy dog owners.

Flash

This!

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    As someone who invests a lot of time, money and energy into keeping my front lawn looking nice, I don't mind the occasional dog on a walk peeing in the yard. Its when you have a dog owner that continually walks their dog to your lawn to do their business that upsets me. Dog urine kills grass and leaves dead patches all over the lawn. I'm a dog owner also and keep my dog on my own property. Did the neighbor have a right to be upset? Sure he did, its his property. Was his delivery appropriate? Maybe not but frustration may have caused it. Easy solution is to just walk your dog past his property a little further away from is yard. The dog can't pee in a yard it can't get to. Just my opinion.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I'm one of those grumpy guys that doesn't appreciate pee or poop on my manicured lawn and have in the past very nicely asked offending dog-owners if they needed a poopy pick-up bag. That normally gets my message across.

That is.....except for the jerk down the street that intentionally allows his animal to cross the ditch and leave a bomb in the middle of the front yard. (Security cameras are great.........mine shows him coaxing his lab as to where to release). He knows I'm a retired LEO and he must have an axe to grind. My solution was to pick up the pile and deposit it in his driveway, minus the bag. Gee, only took 3 times of him trying to get in his truck in the dark before he put two and two together. Heck, he doesn't even walk the critter on my end of the street now.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i have three golden retrievers and they pee on my back yard ALL.......THE........TIME

not a single blade of dead grass....ever.......anywhere (ok, its dormant now)

Top Bottom