• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    So I was out walking my dog tonight around the neighborhood when she squats to pee in someones lawn. She does her business and right as I start to move along I hear a couple of loud bangs coming from the upstairs window of the house. Shortly therefter, some guy yells " You better pick up your dogs shit off my lawn". Now, take in mind, I live in a very large neighborhood of well over 1000 homes. It is a very pet friendly development with at least a dog in every other backyard. They even go so far as to provide mess bags(for free) at several high traffic areas. Not to mention, I was carrying one at the time with my dogs crap already in it. So obviously, there was no dog crap for me to take off of his lawn and I certainly didn't appreciate his tone or language. I DID immediately respond with bag held up, "my dog didn't shit in your lawn..... thanks". But a part of me is still left fuming even though my point was communicated. I guess its because he decided to "get tough" from behind the second story screened window of his house. Maybe if he actually knew what was actually going on in his own front yard he might have kept his mouth shut. It amazes me how little respect people show each other now a days over the most trivial crap. Anyhow, just wanted to share and see how y'all might have approached this.
    Hurley's Gold

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    She did pee on his grass...imagine from his point of view.

Wave, smile, apologize, and explain that she just took a piss, or throw the shit bag through the window.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'd a hurled the gift bag in hand so hard at the front door it'd splatter all over the porch.

Oh yeah, the high road. You done good. Let him be angry at the world for that which he is unaware.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i would let it go and not worry about it

why are you "still fuming" over such a thing?

it's his mouth to run - in the comfort of his home.....

much ado about nothing if you ask me - you can't out tough guy everybody or control what everybody thinks

just my opinion

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I suppose I wouldn't care if a dog pisses in my yard, as long as it didn't kill anything.. Though if someone else continually allows there dog to crap in his yard, and say he doesn't know who it is, and he sees your dog and assumes that it could be your dog doing it...I'm just saying.. I would be pissed if someone allowed their dog to shit in my yard... Sounds like you handled it fine.. Hold up the bag and move on.. Just not worth arguing over..

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Lemme take it in a different direction....not everyone is responsible. He's probably had doggy bombs left in his front yard any number of times, and thinks he just saw it again. Rather than get mad about it, consider it from his side - and diffuse it with some humor.

"She let me off easy this time - she only peed! I always try to be sure that I watch what she does - try hard to be a good neighbor - have a nice night!"

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I don't know man.
    You were on his property (or at least, your dog was...).
    He communicated loudly but non-violently. How do you know he's not disabled in some way and would have taken half an hour to get downstairs?

I hate to break this to you, but seeing as how your pet urinated on his property, then you were in the wrong!
    It doesn't matter how "pet friendly" the neighborhood is. On his property, his word is law. Period!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've seen the same thing here. Dogs shit. That's what they do. That's what some of them do best. If you don't want neighbors and dogs, move out to the middle of the desert someplace. Otherwise, get over it.

Same folks that make a fuss about any dog they see had a skunk come by and dig their yard up like it was doing spring plowing! Karma is a bitch!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'm already over it thanks to all the helpful advice from both Glockster and Scap. Seriously though, I DO appreciate everyones 2 cents and it's true, you can look at it from several angles. At least he was in his own home, saying what he wanted to say but when you say something like "you better..." you're really not asking, and your implying that there will be a consequence. I actually would have had more respect for him if he walked over and said something to my face. And after he stormed out pissed off, only to realize my dog hardly pissed, we might have both got a laugh out of it and become friends instead of foes. Either way, I won't obsess about it, I'll just keep on truckin'..and letting my dog pee where she pleases.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I've seen the same thing here. Dogs shit. That's what they do. That's what some of them do best. If you don't want neighbors and dogs, move out to the middle of the desert someplace. Otherwise, get over it.

If you live around other people you have to have a little give and take. Your dog didn't leave a steaming pile behind... the guy needs to chill.

Personally I don't care.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I'm about to become unpopular, but I'm being amazed at how many people are condemning a guy for simply wanting to have a say in what happens on his property.
    Aren't we usually big on individual rights? This includes property owners, right?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It amazes me how little respect people show each other now a days over the most trivial crap. <-- shoulda used piss Anyhow, just wanted to share and see how y'all might have approached this.
    TexMex, you got railed IMO. Hey guys, the dog took a piss. Geez some of y'all are wound too damn tight.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Just doesn't seem like a big deal to me--his property-let him sound off and go about your business.

Now for the other side of this--as a responsible pet owner -if my dog craps on a walk I pick it up. If he piss's on your grass sorry but I'm not gonna mop it up for you. Just how it is.

Portals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    round rock
    Wow. I come from the other side. Most animals excrete waste - even me.
    I don't expect deer to clean up after themselves and neither do I expect dogs to.
    Guess I lived in the country too long, but I don't worry about any crap on my lawn.
    Have you ever used cow manure for fertilizer? That is a LOT worse than a dog.
    Think he cleans up after the squirrels?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Nice_Dog36.jpg

Good dog!

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    meh, just let it go. dog didnt shit. no harm done. some people dont like dog shit in their yard. my parents are weird as **** about that. they complain when any of the neighbors dogs shit in the yard, but will freely let ours do so (and not clean it up).

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I hate it when my neighbor's have their pets shit on my lawn. I understand that we occupy the corner house of a culdisac and have a bigger lawn than most other homes in the neighborhood, but when you have your fucking dog shit on our lawn, at least pick the shit up. So many times I have walked in my lawn and seen dried or fresh turds all over the place. We have a neighbor who looks like chuck norris and has a husky. He always would walk his dog and he'd be wearing sunglasses and short shorts (jean shorts that he cut himself). He would always have his dog piss and shit on our lawn. So many times we've caught him in the act, and stared him down awkwardly... It really gets annoying. The piss kills our grass, by the way...

What also pisses me off is outside cats. Once I watched this fatass ginger colored cat through my window as it broke into my bakcyard, and it stared at me while walking in my backyard. I knew the bastard was going to shit so I started banging on the window. That fucker stared at me while I was banging the window and yelling at it, and then looked me in the eye while dropping the nastiest turd I've ever seen come out of an animals asshole.

I ran to my backyard to chase the fucker out but he had already left, and my whole backyard stunk like the worst smelling shit you can imagine.

I fucking hate it when people have their pets shit on my lawn, or can't control their animals.

I'm cool with the chuck norris neighbor though, as he doesn't wear those gay short shorts anymore and has a girlfriend know so we know he's not one of them folk. Also, he doesn't have his dog shit our lawn anymore either.

Top Bottom