How many of you have LTC’s from other states?

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
TGT Supporter
Jul 23, 2019
Silsbee, Texas
Geezer,

I got my original VA CCW license in Brunswick County, VA in 1978. - At that time, "you had to know somebody" to get a carry license.
(I was dating the County Clerk at the time & she talked to the Judge for me. = He said, "OK". - IF I remember correctly, I paid NOTHING & didn't have to fill out any paperwork, qualify with a handgun or anything else to get the license.)
FWIW, I was also (at one time) "sworn in" in VA as a "SPECIAL CONSERVATOR of the Peace", i.e., a civilian with all the powers of a police officer, except that a "SPECIAL" is NOT allowed to "work traffic"/issue traffic tickets.

"MAY ISSUE" states tend to be that way, i.e., NOT what you know but WHO you know - MD for one.

yours, satx
Sadly, Virginia is not the Virginia that we used to know.

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
Sadly, Virginia is not the Virginia that we used to know.
Geezer,

IF you mean VA as a "voting" whole, I would agree. - Otoh, IF you mean the REAL Virginia, which starts south of Prince William County & west of Arlington County & omits the city of Alexandria, Fairfax County, Arlington County & the city of Richmond, VA is STILL a GREAT place.

Fwiw, when I last lived in VA there was some at least HALF-serious talk about DIVORCING those leftist controlled areas of the State & suggesting that they go join DC.

yours, satx

mroper

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Katy, TX
I have one from PA I got when I was 21. The county Sheriff had to sign off on. I have no Idea if it is still Valid or not doubtful. It is one part of a triplicate form I filled out that was signed and embosed.

kbaxter60

Lesser Being
Jan 23, 2019
Pipe Creek
I have a (now expired) WA license. I keep it because I like the signature on it. Looping scrawl that is almost art.
Plan to go to Apache Rifleworks and get that TX LTC soon...

oscars774

Mar 17, 2018
Tinicum Township
I have one from PA I got when I was 21. The county Sheriff had to sign off on. I have no Idea if it is still Valid or not doubtful. It is one part of a triplicate form I filled out that was signed and embosed.
I have my PA till end of 2021 and my renewed Utah LTC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
May 25, 2009
Besides Texas, I have Utah. If I lose my wallet, I don't have to wait on the mail till I can carry again.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member