Military Camp

How many of you have LTC’s from other states?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Yup, I am breathing normally as the same bill has been put forward in Congress several times and died there of course. What might prove interesting is the SCOTUS case NY State Rifle & Pistol Assoc vs. Corlett due for a decision 2021 or 2022. In a nutshell is New York's denial of petitioners' applications for concealed-carry licenses for self-defense violated the Second Amendment. Wait and see.
    As they say in Congress I need to revise and extend my reference to SCOTUS case NY State Rifle & Pistol Assoc vs. Corlett. The correct case is New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen.
    Lynx Defense

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Sadly, Virginia is not the Virginia that we used to know.
    That’s for sure! When Va governor decided to not recognize my TN permit, I decided to let my non resident permit in Va expire. I marked Va off my retirement travel list.

Last edited:

Random Vato

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2021
    Austin
    I wouldn’t mind it if the federal government created a national LTC that required a separate classroom and range training/qualification, background check, $200 fee ** —> IF it meant uniformity in carrying AND legal use of deadly force, so I wouldn’t have to memorize 50 different methods of carry, magazine capacity, legal brandishing, legal use of deadly force, places where carry is allowed, etc. While at the same time keeping in place current state laws, giving the option to carry either under federal or state law.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I wouldn’t mind it if the federal government created a national LTC that required a separate classroom and range training/qualification, background check, $200 fee ** —> IF it meant uniformity in carrying AND legal use of deadly force, so I wouldn’t have to memorize 50 different methods of carry, magazine capacity, legal brandishing, legal use of deadly force, places where carry is allowed, etc. While at the same time keeping in place current state laws, giving the option to carry either under federal or state law.
    The only problem with this is...the Constitution, powers granted to the States, the 10th amendment, and the structure of our Republic. Other than that... ;)

Random Vato

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2021
    Austin

The only problem with this is...the Constitution, powers granted to the States, the 10th amendment, and the structure of our Republic. Other than that... ;)
    I agree. Theoretically the constitution would prevent the federal government forcing states to accept something like a national LTC. Still, imagine driving from Texas to California, or Texas to New York; carrying a national LTC, knowing where you can carry and when you can use deadly force is the same everywhere. Not to mention your gun, holster, etc are all good to go everywhere.

Something to keep in mind, the leftists have no problem breaking the constitution. Which is why the federal government currently regulates firearms and drugs among many other things it shouldn’t. This is why they amended the constitution to prohibit alcohol. Back then they knew the federal government didn’t have the authority to do it, they knew an amendment to the constitution was needed. Today the vast majority of people don’t know the federal government doesn’t have the authority to make drugs illegal.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Constitutional smonstitutional. The constitution should seemingly require one state to honor another states license too.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    TX & LA

I don't go where I can't carry.

That includes a few Texas restaurants.

I am OLD. I carried concelaled in TX & LA for years before it was "legal" to cc. There was some sort of unwritten OK for Physicians who had to go at night. Never, ever any problem. But, I am very, very polite and dress well.

leVieux

2A

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Constitutional smonstitutional. The constitution should seemingly require one state to honor another states license too.
    NO ! The U S Constitution is the "SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND", and as such should prevent political subdivisions from interfering with any and all "carry".

"BEAR ARMS" & "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED", remember ?

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >
    IANAL

But,

We have had 7 recent "shootings".

Two were precipitated by Officer teams trying to serve warrants.

The other five were in "Gun Free Zones".

Doesn't the Court consider actual results of laws and policies ? "Gun Free Zones" have always had opposite to desired & predicted results ! The entire concept has repeatedly proven false and counter-productive.

leVieux

GreatMrPoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2017
    San Antonio, Ft. Sam Area
    I have a texas and North carolina permit. NC requires you to buy a pistol purchase permit when buying any handgun in the state private or gun shop. Having the carry permit bypasses that. But takes up to 6+ weeks to get

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Virginia. Have held Colorado and Texas in the past, will be getting my Texas license again, soon...(I don't suppose the Great State of Texas would renew the state LTC that I held 10 years ago?)

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    I have my Massachusetts LTC as well as the Utah (good for like 30+ states). Was planning on getting the Texas one once I moved here, but don't really need to now.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Have had TX, FL, PA, CT, ME, NH, VA, AZ, and District of Columbia (DC). Currently TX, CT, AZ, VA...my DC one expired last week after being extended 1 year due to the panicdemic. I need to go to DC in person to take the course to renew. I have two pistols registered for carry/possession in DC.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I only have and need my CHL/LTC that I have had since they first were mailed out. Because I am not going anywhere.
    My has a low 4 digit number.

Top Bottom