• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Which do you recommend? I'd preferably like to run the 18650. I'm not brand loyal, I usually shop for value. But if there is any battery has a distinct advantage, let me know. Since I saved so much money on the hardware, I am down to listen to all suggestions for batteries.
    AW 18650 Protected 2900 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery are the bees knees. $18.00 each.

I got the Ultrafire WF-188 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger for $23.00 shipped.
    Target Sports

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Nice! Thanks for the info....

Now a couple of more questions... Any tips on building a smaller pocket sized flashlight similiar in dimension to a Fenix PD20?

Also, what drop ins would you guys recommend for some of the larger surefire lights? My dad has one of the larger surefires and is very disappointed in its output. I'm trying to get him to give me a model number for the light. Any thoughts?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'll do that test with an ar15 in .223.
    Ok my M2 request was a bit facetious, but here's a couple practical ideas... Do a few "fall over" tests. Rest rifle's butt on the floor so it's vertical, then let go and let the rifle fall on the light. Also slam the butt on the ground a few times as if you were trying to extract a stuck case. This is typical use/abuse that a light on battle ready carbine needs to be able to handle.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I meant to take some pics, but I did test the set up described above in both my Rem 1187 and M4(with LaRue mount) and it performed flawlessly. I've permanently mounted 1 to my 1187, the other is being carried in my EDC bag for some testing. Thanks for all the contributions in this thread. I'll update pics soon.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I use to be a big Surefire G2 fan because they were reliable and low cost but Surefire discontinued what I believe was one of the best value in CR123 powered lights :/

I started messing with some Fenix lights this month that use AA batteries and have been really impressed with them even in a weapon mounted application. My dad has some E21s mounted to an AR15 and SKS. Took them pig hunting over the weekend and they worked great.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I like Streamlight as well, but do they make a 26$ 450 lumen (with strobe and SOS features) flashlight? Nope. This thread has shown me the light (pun intended).

Arnutzz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Florida
    Ive had some experience with some chines lights and they were great for a while aka weapon mounted and handheld, but they couldn't stand up to the punishment. I prefer the Elzetta and Surefire. I found the best prices on the web at Tactical Gear Group - Premiere Online Distributor. I am in no way affiliated with them just wanted to pass on a link to a great find. I found spending a little bit more its just worth it

I recently bought a chinese cloned surefire to give it a whirl and it lasted 3 days. I should have known better.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Ive had some experience with some chines lights and they were great for a while aka weapon mounted and handheld, but they couldn't stand up to the punishment. I prefer the Elzetta and Surefire. I found the best prices on the web at Tactical Gear Group - Premiere Online Distributor. I am in no way affiliated with them just wanted to pass on a link to a great find. I found spending a little bit more its just worth it

I recently bought a chinese cloned surefire to give it a whirl and it lasted 3 days. I should have known better.
    oh so convincing seeing how this is your first post, and the only two flashlights brands listed on that site are Elzetta and Surefire

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I'm in my 3rd week of testing. So far so good. It also survived the 50rd shotgun, 200 rounds on my m4. More to come. At $26, you could buy 10+ of these lights and still come out cheaper than Surefire. Later today, I'm ordering 5 more for Christmas presents.

Arnutzz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Florida
    No need to jump down my throat.. I've bought lights from Primary arms as well and they were ok. I'm
    Sorry for posting about a place I found a good deal. Does anyone have any experience with "O-lights"?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm in my 3rd week of testing. So far so good. It also survived the 50rd shotgun, 200 rounds on my m4. More to come. At $26, you could buy 10+ of these lights and still come out cheaper than Surefire. Later today, I'm ordering 5 more for Christmas presents.

The nice thing is that even if it breaks all you need to do is buy another LED module and you'll be fine!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    No need to jump down my throat.. I've bought lights from Primary arms as well and they were ok. I'm
    Sorry for posting about a place I found a good deal. Does anyone have any experience with "O-lights"?

I had an O-Light (which is missing somewhere right now) and it was excellent- bright, rugged, and slim for concealment.

Top Bottom