• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I carry everywhere I go and I don't give a damn what their sign says. The priority to protect myself is much more significant than the small chance of having to pay a few hundred dollars fine.

IMG_6683.jpeg
    Guns International

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I go lots of places and don't open carry. There are many, many folks out there packing but not openly. I never understood open carrying just because you have that right unless it's just for show maybe ? If I see any signage it's at medical facilities that say don't bring in anything. What few signs I do see elsewhere don't want any "any unlicensed firearm holders". Nothing difficult about that, this is Texas not California.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I go lots of places and don't open carry. There are many, many folks out there packing but not openly. I never understood open carrying just because you have that right unless it's just for show maybe ? If I see any signage it's at medical facilities that say don't bring in anything. What few signs I do see elsewhere don't want any "any unlicensed firearm holders". Nothing difficult about that, this is Texas not California.

Some days I don't feel like carrying the pocket gun and I don't feel like using an IWB and I don't feel like wearing an untucked shirt I can have hanging over a holster. On those days I'll OC.

It has not a damn thing with being "for show". It has also never led to 'blood in the streets' or a shootout over a parking space.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The signage and attitude of staff toward firearms, almost unbelievably, was the determining factor in my recent choice of a gym. Mine went out of business suddenly and I'm switching to...get this...LA Fitness. They're posted 30.05 and 30.07 but NOT 30.06. The manager told me, paraphrasing, "What we don't see, we don't care about."

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The signage and attitude of staff toward firearms, almost unbelievably, was the determining factor in my recent choice of a gym. Mine went out of business suddenly and I'm switching to...get this...LA Fitness. They're posted 30.05 and 30.07 but NOT 30.06. The manager told me, paraphrasing, "What we don't see, we don't care about."

To me, that translates to "we just don't want to hear all the Karens bitching about seeing an icky gun". I can respect it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    To me, that translates to "we just don't want to hear all the Karens bitching about seeing an icky gun". I can respect it.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it. I'm just having a bout of cognitive dissonance.

I mean, "LA Fitness is OK with guns" just doesn't sound plausible.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

one near me posts 06

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I just can't get worked up over a 30,07 sign.

I 'OC' when I think it's a good idea (like when fueling up) but, I'm not 'hardcore' about it.

OK, so a 30.07 sign makes you go 'goggled eyed' with a 'side order' of you buncha anti 2nd A bastards, blah, blah, blah...don't like 30.07 OK, then go elsewhere and quitcher 'Karening'...sheesh!

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I just can't get worked up over a 30,07 sign.

I 'OC' when I think it's a good idea (like when fueling up) but, I'm not 'hardcore' about it.

OK, so a 30.07 sign makes you go 'goggled eyed' with a 'side order' of you buncha anti 2nd A bastards, blah, blah, blah...don't like 30.07 OK, then go elsewhere and quitcher 'Karening'...sheesh!

Agreed. A 30.07 sign just means put your shirt over it and don't be a dumbass. Or, if you're going grocery shopping, plan ahead instead of throwing a tantrum. All the angst is silly.

Top Bottom