TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Really? Where is that in the rules?

Seriously?

"Illegality
    Advocating, explicitly or by example, breaking specific firearms-related laws is forbidden. It makes the forum look bad. There's a middle ground between advocating resistance to unjust legislation or statutes (which is allowed and encouraged) and outright bragging about lawlessness (which is forbidden). In that middle ground, the staff will be forced to make judgement calls. Feel free to PM a staffer before posting if you are questioning the propriety of a potential post."

Maybe you should familiarize yourself.

As for your other question:

Who cares? What's your point? The Constitution is the highest law of the United States. If a law isn't Constitutional it is invalid. Whether you can get a court to agree to that is relevant, but it doesn't change the Constitution.

An invalid law will still land your ass in jail. If you've got the money to fight that, hey, good for you. I don't. And as I said, whether you or I think it's Constitutional is irrelevant if you're in court on charges stemming from it. THAT is my point, if you're having trouble comprehending it.
    Gun Zone Deals

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Seriously?

"Illegality
    Advocating, explicitly or by example, breaking specific firearms-related laws is forbidden. It makes the forum look bad. There's a middle ground between advocating resistance to unjust legislation or statutes (which is allowed and encouraged) and outright bragging about lawlessness (which is forbidden). In that middle ground, the staff will be forced to make judgement calls. Feel free to PM a staffer before posting if you are questioning the propriety of a potential post."

Maybe you should familiarize yourself.

As for your other question:

An invalid law will still land your ass in jail. If you've got the money to fight that, hey, good for you. I don't. And as I said, whether you or I think it's Constitutional is irrelevant if you're in court on charges stemming from it. THAT is my point, if you're having trouble comprehending it.
    And an invalid law won't land me anywhere if no one notices and does anything about it. If it isn't Constitutional and I determine the chances of being noticed and the potential penalty of being unjustly (illegally) prosecuted for it are low, then I will do it. That was my point.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    And an invalid law won't land me anywhere if no one notices and does anything about it. If it isn't Constitutional and I determine the chances of being noticed and the potential penalty of being unjustly (illegally) prosecuted for it are low, then I will do it. That was my point.

Ok, and? A completely valid and Constitutional law won't land you in jail either, if nobody notices and does anything about it. What a ridiculous argument.

My point is certain members here are always eager to encourage others to break laws or engage in civil disobedience or even open rebellion, but when it comes to themselves they'd rather spectate from the sidelines. That's why I replied to one specific post from one specific member. I'm still trying to figure out why you felt the need to wade in on it...especially with such flawed reasoning.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    <>

Biut those Soros DA’s can give one a big problem, and the resulting turmoil & legal bills, even if they can’t get a durable conviction.

<>
    It will be interesting to see effect of a "durable" conviction on a no jail $200 fine class C misdemeanor, that you didn't commit. Remember even in a class C trial, you have the right to a trial by jury. I would request this and then handle the rest pro-se (without a lawyer), which I have done multiple times in JP court for civil matters, since that (or municipal court) is where it would be charged.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    It will be interesting to see effect of a "durable" conviction on a no jail $200 fine class C misdemeanor, that you didn't commit. Remember even in a class C trial, you have the right to a trial by jury. I would request this and then handle the rest pro-se (without a lawyer), which I have done multiple times in JP court for civil matters, since that (or municipal court) is where it would be charged.
    You'll likely get as much justice as you can afford.

I prefer to stay out of the legal system when it can be avoided.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    <>

While disappointing to me/us, the HEB management decision was reasonable under the circumstances.

At least they took the time & effort to understand the issues.

So far, I hjaven’t had much luck explaining to business owners the real meanings & effects of their signage.

Just a couple days ago, Wife wanted to dine at a South Texas restaurant. Got there to find two big red « 51% » signs on entry door.

Didn’t even stop, just went to a competitor restaurant.

They don’t get anywhere near ‘’51%’’ from alcohol sales. So, it was their choice.

But, we are obligated to try to educate those who remain ignorant.

leVieux

<>

Actually, it's NOT "their choice" - those signs can ONLY be posted with the concurrence of TABC. If they're NOT exceeding 51% of sales with drinks, by law they're not allowed to post those signs. File a complaint w/TABC.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How so Ben?
    Having not been through a problem in a store with signage, the following is speculation. But it's sensible enough that I act on it.

Faulty signs are useful for de-escalation. There's one place I know that has the 30.06 sign posted on the back wall of the store. Most customers will never see it. I asked a guy there why it was so far from the front door. "Corporate makes us put it up even though we don't want to." He explained that if they had to write an incident report for asking an armed person to leave, they could justify not formally trespassing the customer because they hadn't seen the sign. De-escalation.

I once pointed out to my sister several faulty signs at the entrance to a medical testing facility. As it happens, one of the people out in the hall was listening and also worked there. The signs were gone a week later.

If you make the person ejecting you unsure of the strength of their position, you gain some small measure of control over the situation. A little extra control can make the difference between leaving unscathed and a potentially unpleasant encounter with an LEO.

Every case will be different but if you can think fast enough, it's sort of a way of inserting the clean hands doctrine into the interaction. Pointing out that no one involved has clean hands is something I can leverage to my advantage.

That goes for far more things in life than just carrying a firearm past a sign, btw. :)

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Round here HEB and Walmart are your only choices for food stuff.
    So, far Walmart and Kroger have not posted any such 30.0x signs and I have seen open carry in local stores with no issues.
    You would think that HEB being started in Texas would not have such woke policies. Such policies certainly affect what stores I purchase from.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom