• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Nor should you. Just remember if you're asked to leave because you're carrying, it's the same as a clearly visible sign.
    Also remember if you're asked to leave, to LEAVE immediately... Else I think that class C misdemeanor $200 fine can escalate to class A up to a year in jail and up to a $4,000 fine.
    Target Sports

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    The best liquor store within 50 miles of me is posted 30.06. I won't spend a single cent there, and I did let them know why. I'm not afraid to shop around or drive further for a bottle of good Scotch...where I'm not viewed as an enemy and where criminals don't enjoy protection.
    In Texas it's illegal carry in a liquor store anyway. They make 51% or more of their profit from selling alcohol.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    BTW: https://www.tabc.texas.gov/texas-al...ilers that derive,on the premises is unlawful.

And I quote:

"Alcoholic beverage retailers that derive 51% or more of its income from the sale of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption must post the red sign. The red sign has 51% in large red letters superimposed over a warning that says possession of a handgun on the premises is unlawful."

I carry legally in liquor stores.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    The best liquor store within 50 miles of me is posted 30.06. I won't spend a single cent there, and I did let them know why. I'm not afraid to shop around or drive further for a bottle of good Scotch...where I'm not viewed as an enemy and where criminals don't enjoy protection.
    General, how do you feel about this on the 30.06, just open carry maybe ?

What Does the 30.06 Sign Mean for Texas LTC Holders?​

If you hold a valid Texas LTC, you are legally allowed to carry a concealed handgun in many public places in Texas. However, if you come across a property with a properly displayed 30.06 sign, you are not allowed to carry your concealed handgun onto that property.

It's important to note that the 30.06 sign only applies to concealed handguns. If you are carrying a visible firearm, you are not required to comply with the 30.06 sign, although other laws may still apply.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    General, how do you feel about this on the 30.06, just open carry maybe ?

What Does the 30.06 Sign Mean for Texas LTC Holders?​

If you hold a valid Texas LTC, you are legally allowed to carry a concealed handgun in many public places in Texas. However, if you come across a property with a properly displayed 30.06 sign, you are not allowed to carry your concealed handgun onto that property.

It's important to note that the 30.06 sign only applies to concealed handguns. If you are carrying a visible firearm, you are not required to comply with the 30.06 sign, although other laws may still apply.

If someone's stupid enough to post 30.06, they probably think it covers open carry as well. After all, they think it'll keep them safe from criminals. I guarantee they'd panic on seeing an exposed handgun and fucking call the sheriff to say they're being robbed. I'd rather skip the drama and just spend my money elsewhere.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    If someone's stupid enough to post 30.06, they probably think it covers open carry as well. After all, they think it'll keep them safe from criminals. I guarantee they'd panic on seeing an exposed handgun and fucking call the sheriff to say they're being robbed. I'd rather skip the drama and just spend my money elsewhere.
    I can understand your viewpoint but have you asked them? I'm not sure that them posting a 30.06 makes them stupid though, maybe just not educated enough o the subject. While our laws are pretty detailed and lay it all out there in the open, it requires some studying to get it all right.

This is the onliest sign I ever see at the restaurants and wine store I frequent weekly.

Attachments

• tabc-weapons-183x300.jpg
      tabc-weapons-183x300.jpg
      21.6 KB · Views: 23

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I can understand your viewpoint but have you asked them? I'm not sure that them posting a 30.06 makes them stupid though, maybe just not educated enough o the subject. While our laws are pretty detailed and lay it all out there in the open, it requires some studying to get it all right.

This is the onliest sign I ever see at the restaurants and wine store I frequent weekly.

Yeah, those signs aren't even valid anymore.

Frankly, whether they know the law or just know the sign will make concealed carry illegal on their premises, it's stupid to assume that a sign will protect anyone from someone who wishes to do them harm. Assuming that disarming the law-abiding offers protection from criminals is one of the stupidest things I can imagine.

So yes, in my opinion people who post 30.06 signage are, in fact, stupid.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Yeah, those signs aren't even valid anymore.

Frankly, whether they know the law or just know the sign will make concealed carry illegal on their premises, it's stupid to assume that a sign will protect anyone from someone who wishes to do them harm. Assuming that disarming the law-abiding offers protection from criminals is one of the stupidest things I can imagine.

So yes, in my opinion people who post 30.06 signage are, in fact, stupid.
    Like Gun Free Zone signs being blamed for not being big enough to deter criminals, they couldn't see the signs in many languages.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    Remindes me of a song.

Signs Signs everywhere, knocking out the scenery, freaking my mind, do this don't do that, can't you read the signs???
    Five Man Electric Band.

Top Bottom