• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I will say that I am glad I am on a bunch of y’all’s phone lists and vice versa. By getting the message out via text to other members this got resolved quickly.

Thank you @TheDan @EZ-E and the others that were contacted by @TreyG-20 and @toddnjoyce.

I know some of y’all saw I was banned and cheered. Glad to disappoint y’all. ;)
    And thank you @texcross for untucking this in a most timely manner.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I will say that I am glad I am on a bunch of y’all’s phone lists and vice versa. By getting the message out via text to other members this got resolved quickly.

Thank you @TheDan @EZ-E and the others that were contacted by @TreyG-20 and @toddnjoyce.

I know some of y’all saw I was banned and cheered. Glad to disappoint y’all. ;)
    At first I wasnt surprised lol.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    1000 rounds of 556 for $175

I was the first to pm him last night --

1630364466253.png

but the Ben post almost got me. If it wasn't for @TreyG-20 sending the cash via paypal first I would have been on the hook. I immediately messaged after Ben's post and said this

1630364527226.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Gotcha.

NEVER pay with PayPal is my motto for 2 decades.
    It has been for me too. I was just a little more gullible today. The thought that Ben's account had been hacked didn't cross my mind until I sent the funds. I take full responsibility for my actions and am not mad at anyone for me making my own choice to proceed. Even though the signs were there I decide to risk it. I would not have if I really need that money. With fake Ben vouching for him and his past history I made the choice to send it. I'm always on high alert for BS. I was on this one too. Certain things led me to let my guard down though. Pretty clever on the scammers part.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    In all fairness, the ammo I have bought from Hoo ( the real one) was also priced incredibly well. It did not send any flags up for me based on my experiences in the past with the real Hoo.
    Not trying to MMQB, but anytime a gun owner insist you use Paypal F&F, that is a FLAG to me.

Seriously, it should be a permanent ban on this site if someone does that.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I also replied to the scammer within minutes of the ad going up last night. I said I'd only meet FTF and got crickets even though it showed he was still online. Scammer pm'd me earlier today to say the ammo was still available even after the cat was out of the bag.

ETA: Shout out to Trey G-20 for going out of his way to warn potential scam victims.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Honestly, I don't think anyone did everything wrong in this situation. This hacker seems a little smarter than some others I have seen over the years. Hacking Ben's account was rather clever though, and hacking and banning anyone that questioned him, that too was pretty clever as well.

Trust me, even the best of us get scammed from time to time. It happens, and we learn from it.

I just hope that everyone here that actually sent the scammer money, gets it back pretty soon.

Top Bottom