• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I stopped using PayPal to buy things, about 10 years ago for very similar reasons of it getting hacked a few times

Now if I buy online, I have a couple of disposable credit cards that I load with the amount needed for purchasing online and if those get hacked, at the most, they might get a couple of dollars. They are not linked in any way to my bank accounts. If a card gets hacked, and they get a couple of dollars, not any real damage done, and that card goes into the trash and replaced with a new one.
    Capitol Armory ad

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I stopped using PayPal to buy things, about 10 years ago for very similar reasons of it getting hacked a few times

Now if I buy online, I have a couple of disposable credit cards that I load with the amount needed for purchasing online and if those get hacked, at the most, they might get a couple of dollars. They are not linked in any way to my bank accounts. If a card gets hacked, and they get a couple of dollars, not any real damage done, and that card goes into the trash and replaced with a new one.
    So you think PayPal was hacked or an individual account was hacked?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    So you think PayPal was hacked or an individual account was hacked?
    Honestly, I don't know. Could be one or the other, or maybe even both.

Hackers are getting very sophisticated and smart and have technology on their side as well.

I would also suspect many of us probably don't secure our passwords and accounts as best as we should either.

I think the big issue is finding out exactly what happened so that proper steps can be taken to see that it doesn't happen again.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'll bet he bit on that ammo.

I admit I thought about it after Ben's glowing approval but since it was only 3 cases I figured it was gone. I dont think I would ever send cash though. Always face to face.
    Actually , since I have dealt with Hoo before, I sent him a PM asking if he wanted to meet at the same place as before. The hacker responded with “only shipping” since I don’t do PayPal I thanked him and said GLWS.
    That’s when a member that had warned of the fuckery but had comments deleted texted me to say he had been banned by Ben.
    I sent the hacked Ben account a PM asking about it and was banned by the hacker

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Actually , since I have dealt with Hoo before, I sent him a PM asking if he wanted to meet at the same place as before. The hacker responded with “only shipping” since I don’t do PayPal I thanked him and said GLWS.
    That’s when a member that had warned of the fuckery but had comments deleted texted me to say he had been banned by Ben.
    I sent the hacked Ben account a PM asking about it and was banned by the hacker

Looks like they are getting it sorted out. I did see your post on that thread, that you had bought ammo from that member before.

That was some strange shit going on!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    About what @Hoji said. I watched the shitshow develop and saw Ben’s detailed post on how to get the lock lifted. Ben also cross-posted in another thread about it. When the lock got lifted, I publicly queried Ben. His response didn’t sit right with me, so I pm’d him a question that only he would have known the answer to. At that point I was banned.

From there, I reached out by alternate means to a few different folks to pass along a message in hopes of stopping the abject fûckery. Pissed that members may have lost some money in this deal.

Folks it pays to know people here well enough to have a way to contact them outside this site when shît like this happens.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Commie Bastards. The Ben thing got me. I got scammed I'll admit to it. My own fault, but I chose to take the gamble knowing it was sketchy. Luckily I made more than I lost today, so I had the funds to gamble. I started calling out all the red flags and kept getting my posts deleted. I was PMing back and forth with someone under Ben's account who was obviously not Ben. As soon as I started to say that Ben's account was hacked I got banned.
    Screenshot_20210830-142138_Samsung Internet.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    About what @Hoji said. I watched the shitshow develop and saw Ben’s detailed post on how to get the lock lifted. Ben also cross-posted in another thread about it. When the lock got lifted, I publicly queried Ben. His response didn’t sit right with me, so I pm’d him a question that only he would have known the answer to. At that point I was banned.

From there, I reached out by alternate means to a few different folks to pass along a message in hopes of stopping the abject fûckery. Pissed that members may have lost some money in this deal.

Folks it pays to know people here well enough to have a way to contact them outside this site when shît like this happens.
    Good points Todd, and glad it is getting sorted out, and glad you're back!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Commie Bastards. The Ben thing got me. I got scammed I'll admit to it. My own fault, but I chose to take the gamble knowing it was sketchy. Luckily I made more than I lost today, so I had the funds to gamble. I started calling out all the red flags and kept getting my posts deleted. I was PMing back and forth with someone under Ben's account who was obviously not Ben. As soon as I started to say that Ben's account was hacked I got banned. View attachment 274323
    Trey, sorry you got hacked and lost money over the deal. That sucks big time. Hopefully you can get your money eventually.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Trey, sorry you got hacked and lost money over the deal. That sucks big time. Hopefully you can get your money eventually.
    It wasn't a huge loss and I had the fund to gamble with know against my better judgment that something was wrong. I started a dispute with PayPal, but from reading their terms I don't have hope to get it back. Still it does suck to lose money. Thanks for reaching out.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It wasn't a huge loss and I had the fund to gamble with know against my better judgment that something was wrong. I started a dispute with PayPal, but from reading their terms I don't have hope to get it back. Still it does suck to lose money. Thanks for reaching out.
    I think others got their money back already.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yeah, I got a response from them and they refunded it. They said they noticed suspicious activity. I didn't tell them any gun items were involved and told them about the general situation and a trusted member(friend) forum was hacked.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yeah, I got a response from them and they refunded it. They said they noticed suspicious activity. I didn't tell them any gun items were involved and told them about the general situation and a trusted member(friend) forum was hacked.
    I still have not received a response from them, but said something very similar in my dispute. No gun stuff.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom