• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I know an autistic kid with a hopped up smart car with Lambo doors. He's totaled 9 cars in 3 years because he randomly flips out behind the wheel, his last car was a Lexus IS 300 he flipped out and floored it 80 mph into solid concrete embankment. How this kid still has a license is beyond me.

On topic boo gas prices boo!!
    DK Firearms

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Seriously though, My next door neighbor bought a brandnew 40K normally priced truck for 21K last time gas hit 5$!! and we've been looking at the Escalades for a few weeks now. So im gonna wait a little longer and watch gas go up and up and up. and watch SUV prices go down, then go pounce on a salesman!!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Haha exactly! I was reading somewhere that the idea was floating around to put a speaker system under the car to replicate the sounds of an exhaust system for that exact reason...

I read somewhere that some blind interest group was raising "awareness" to how quite these cars were, and that the blind couldn't hear a hybrid or electric car to know that they were walking in front of one... And were getting hit...

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    Seriously though, My next door neighbor bought a brandnew 40K normally priced truck for 21K last time gas hit 5$!! and we've been looking at the Escalades for a few weeks now. So im gonna wait a little longer and watch gas go up and up and up. and watch SUV prices go down, then go pounce on a salesman!!

I personally remember gas getting to $5, I remember it getting close. I remember back then, I saw a brand new chevy tahoe loaded for 23k

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I read somewhere that some blind interest group was raising "awareness" to how quite these cars were, and that the blind couldn't hear a hybrid or electric car to know that they were walking in front of one... And were getting hit...

oh god.. most of the new cars now make very little noise, comparable to a hybrid... maybe the only solution to this is to drob a small block 350 with exhaust dumps into the ass end of a prius...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Oh look!! the wet blanket Maxy has shown up!!

I thought you were banned. Who's letting all these undesirables back in?!? :deadhorse:

If gas prices go up, people are going to have to learn to live with it. There will be no collapse of society, no SHTF scenarios or any other over-exaggerated results, folks will just have to learn to drive a little more economically, but more efficient cars, or quit complaining that the economy is so bad when the eat at restaurants several times a week and spend $5 for a cup of coffee!

We came close to hitting that mark a few years back, and if anything it was noticeable that residents of SA were actually having to pay attention to how they drove instead of just stomping on the gas at green lights and slamming on the brakes at red ones (when they actually stop for red ones!). Honestly, it made driving a lot less stressful; but it was funny how many paper tags you saw on gas guzzlers because dealerships and people were almost giving them away. Of course that meant a lot of people who couldn't afford these vehicles normally jump on the opportunity. Now that prices are creeping back up, they're all screaming bloody murder but it's their own damn fault.

I've lived in countries were gas was closer to $6-7/gal and people survived. It had better take a lot more than a rise in gas prices to bring down our economy and society in general, otherwise we're in a pretty pathetic state in the first place.

And go ahead and blame the government, it's always easy to point the finger at it than accept the fact that for years experts have been warning of increased oil prices yet people still go out and buy gas-guzzling machines that get single-digit mileage.

It's your own hole, you dug it.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    My wife drives a mid sized gasoline burner and I have driven a Dodge 3/4 ton diesel pickup for several years. We get very good mileage but this present high cost of motor fuel seems to be wedded to politics and greed...But a point I wish to make is that the higher price of diesel than gasoline. It is a fact that turning crude oil into diesel is less troublesome and less expensive than turning it into gasoline...

So why are diesel users being shafted in the price of the product ? Groceries and many things come via truck and trucks use diesel, thus the higher and higher prices for everything that is tied to diesel....This is a crime and somebody should be taken to jail !!!

The Libtard Environmentalists took control of the EPA and ordered that low-sulfur diesel be sold to the Joe on the street with a diesel Pickup Truck. Same for all new 18-wheel tractors.

Older fleets were exempted, and they can only buy cheaper diesel at truck stops.

Diesel used to be far cheaper than gasoline to produce, but since it has to "cleaned of sulfur" it costs quite more than MOGAS to produce.

Don't ... get me started on E-85, Biodiesel, or the 10% ethanol in every gallon of gasoline at retail.

You can thank every Democrat ever voted into office over the past fifteen years.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    If we would get the fed out of the oil game and let capitalism work like it should minus all the bs regs to clean up gas we would easily be back under $2 a gallon. As long as the feds try to dictate what fuel is used and deny permits to exploit domestic reserves we will continue to see rising fuel cost. And wether people admit it or not rising fuel cost will have a severely detrimental effect on the economy.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I thought you were banned.
    Ha Ha Im back!! I missed you so much i had to come back and torment my favorite LIB sympathiser!! as for the rest of your post, i agree 100% and for people to live within their means. even after we buy a highly discounted SUV due to the high gas prices, the prices will eventually come down again. and if they dont, so what cause i wouldnt have bought a guzzler if I could'nt feed it.....

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Ha Ha Im back!! I missed you so much i had to come back and torment my favorite LIB sympathiser!! as for the rest of your post, i agree 100% and for people to live within their means. even after we buy a highly discounted SUV due to the high gas prices, the prices will eventually come down again. and if they dont, so what cause i wouldnt have bought a guzzler if I could'nt feed it.....

Where have you been?

Glad to see you post again. It's been lonely around here.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Don't worry guys, I'll hold some scooters for TGT members if it gets too bad. In 08' we had a 3 month waiting list and 40 deposits on incoming inventory. Eventually several people called in to change their orders to first available rather than wait for a specific color ! Let the gas prices rise, only guarantees that we'll sell out.

Top Bottom