• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    The only way to drop the price at the pump is to sever our dependence on the world oil market.

Good luck with that! This President wants to use every non-viable energy source on the planet instead.

Eliminate EPA-mandated gasoline and diesel blends, and bar the use of ethanol in gasoline.

Good luck with that as well. Rolling back the EPA at this point is borderline impossible, and if that clown in the White House wins a second term you can forget it permanently.
    -
    ARJ Defense ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have a friend who is a Border Patrol Officer in North Dakota. She advises that there is a huge buildup of construction equipment and personnel in North Dakota. Their unemployment rate is lees than 1/2 of the US as a whole and the boom is growing. Is there oil to be had? Here's the official estimate.............

Dave Cruz said they have moved more rigs in the last 6 months in ND than Cruz Construction moved in Alaska in the last 6 years. Williston is like a gold rush town; they moved one of our 40 man camps down there since there are no rooms available.

Unemployment in ND is the lowest in the nation at 3.4 percent.

Reports of the quantity of oil available in the USA include:
    "more than all the Middle East put together."

It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada . That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight.

The reports include estimates that it is:

8 times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
    18 times as much oil as Iraq
    21 times as much oil as Kuwait
    22 times as much oil as Iran
    500 times as much oil as Yemen and it's all right here in the Western United States !

This isn't news. It's all been said before but our tree huggers are STILL blocking extraction of our domestic oil. If my ownership of a rifle can be judged a matter of National Security, how can we continue to let a few special interest groups hogtie our entire nation? Open up production and WE can set the price on oil!

Flash

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    All that oil blocked by the emotionalism of liberals, and also their narcissistic mindset of all the great things they're doing for their fellow humans and for Mother Earth.

F**k that! Wind power will never get a 747 into the air. Algae will never produce the volume of fuel needed for all forms of combustion (even though it too is based on a biological source like oil). Plastics cannot be derived from solar panels. Oil and natural gas fueled the industrial revolution and our march into modernity and global prosperity, and if we didn't have it you would still be reading by a lamp fueled by animal fat and your daily driver would be a buckboard with two mules towing it.

Oil all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The oil in that basin is actually "sweet crude" so it's high quality stuff. It probably wouldn't be economical to extract at $1 per gallon gas price but the price is high enough now to justify the expense of getting it out of the ground. So lets GO!

I helped design 9 large pump installations with Bingham pumps that filled the Alaskan Pipeline with it's initial charge of water. You can't just "turn on" a pipeline. It must be filled first and those pumps did the job. I remember the HORROR of the tree huggers over melting the permafrost and goofing up the Reindeer herds. Well, here it is 30 years later and the world hasn't come to an end over that pipeline yet.

I'm all for taking care of Mother Earth but the environmentalists fail to grasp that HUNTING and FISHING and taxes on hunting/fishing gear is what funds game management, research, protection of the species and programs that benefit the game animals. Without killing some animals, all that would go away.

Oil production is the same. As Traildust pointed out, without taxes on oil products, we wouldn't have paved roads, bridges, or perhaps even electric lights. You gotta make a little smoke to keep the nation moving! How about the jobs that are on "hold" and the prohibition on drilling offshore? Maybe the tree huggers would prefer that we all live in tents and live by candlelight.

I am damned tired of special interest groups holding our nation hostage! Environmentalists have turned into domestic terrorists and it's time to fight back! We need jobs and oil. Let's get back to work and GIT SUM!

Flash

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    If gas gets that high, I will be forced to get something with better gas mileage. My car gets ~17city/~20hwy. I'm already contemplating getting a bicycle to get me back and forth between the grocery store, campus, and home.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    If gas gets that high, I will be forced to get something with better gas mileage. My car gets ~17city/~20hwy. I'm already contemplating getting a bicycle to get me back and forth between the grocery store, campus, and home.

ill trade you. mine gets 10mpg but im getting a spark knock or vaccuum leak so its getting 2-4mpg right now.

Sent from my FD02 SPH-D710

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's usually false economy to get a car based just on gas mileage. Unless you're going to get something that is also older and cheaper than your current car, you wont end up saving any money.

It kills me how some folks will go deeper in debt to say they save at the pump, when if they really wanted to save money they could just buy an older car instead.
    2012 Toyota Prius - 50mpg - $38,000
    1984 Honda CRX HF - 50mpg - $2,000

Which makes more sense?

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    It's usually false economy to get a car based just on gas mileage. Unless you're going to get something that is also older and cheaper than your current car, you wont end up saving any money.

It kills me how some folks will go deeper in debt to say they save at the pump, when if they really wanted to save money they could just buy an older car instead.

Which makes more sense?

I have preached this exact same idea to some friends and family who think they have to spend 50k on a car to save at the pump

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX

Which makes more sense?

id rather buy older anyways. less electronics and cheaper to fix. not to mention all the aftermarket oem parts for a 70 something truck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas

Which makes more sense?

I do not plan to buy a Prius, I can tell you that much. But I sure would like to upgrade to something with a bit more functionality and mpg than my sedan. I've been looking into the new Ford Focus hatchbacks, but who knows. I've also contemplated just getting an older Honda, and an older truck of some sort. I won't be able to sell my car off till I start my "career" sometime in the fall anyways.

Top Bottom