• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    How do you prefer your omelette? Rolled is nicer looking and definitely requires some skills along with the right pan.

Myself I tend to make folded as I often still half asleep and I’m lazy. I look at omelettes kind of like a pizza more is not necessarily better.

Here’s a bacon grease pepper jack cheese 3 egg that I did this morning on a comal instead of a pan.
    IMG_1835.jpeg

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    How do you prefer your omelette? Rolled is nicer looking and definitely requires some skills along with the right pan.

Myself I tend to make folded as I often still half asleep and I’m lazy. I look at omelettes kind of like a pizza more is not necessarily better.

Here’s a bacon grease pepper jack cheese 3 egg that I did this morning on a comal instead of a pan. View attachment 479199
    Cooked instead of not

~ strength and honor ~

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This is the very first time that I used a comal instead of a pan. I think a couple things made it work out better the in a pan (not an omelet pan). First we all know how good cast iron heats, holds the heat and evenly spreads it out. Second I did put a lid on it to hold in the heat and help cook the top. Third I didn't over load it, just pepper jack slices. Fourth I have a fairly long spatula, and the nonexistent sides on the comal allowed getting the spatula under the omelet at an angle that did not tear up the eggs. I will use it from now on,then making an omelet.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I don't think it'd be possible to roll my omelet, that's for those thin as tissue crepe looking things.
    Next thing you know they'll be trying to tell us egg whites and spinach is an omelet!
    20211003_172430~2.jpg

Last edited:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I usually mix eggs. meat, cheese, onion, etc. and pour in a small skillet. When the eggs start to set, I place a tortilla on top of the eggs. Cook a little longer and then fold over and brown both sides. Very similar to this video.

Top Bottom