• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    It's always sad to hear one of our members leaving us for that Gun Range in the sky.

I know that Jack son was there to meet him and give him a tour of their new gun range.

It's hard to know what to say to anyone when their love one leaves this earth for a
    better place above us.

My condolences and
    1f64f.png
    1f64f.png
    1f64f.png
    to his wife and family.
    DK Firearms

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    The words that come to me are his words to me. He sent this a few days after I lost a dear old friend.

I hope healing comes to you mercifully quickly. We know the loving memories will never diminish nor will the missing. But the pain, it feels like it never will pass.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for reaching out and sharing.

May God bless and keep you.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    IMG_5051.jpeg

“Bittersweet” some have said - indeed it is.

I regret that I never met Jack in person, and I will never get that chance on this earth - that’s the bitter part for me.

But he absolutely touched all our lives in such a caring way.

Today he is in paradise, in the comforting presence of God Almighty, and he is etched into our memories never to be forgotten and reminding us to always be supportive and kind to one another - those for me are the sweet things.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I hate to see the ribbon on the logo but, it's a nice touch.
    I think he would be surprised about it, When we talked that day, it became clear he didn't realize his contributions to members here. After I straightened him right out, he said he received much more than he gave. That could be, but my guess is otherwise.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    View attachment 401034

“Bittersweet” some have said - indeed it is.

I regret that I never met Jack in person, and I will never get that chance on this earth - that’s the bitter part for me.

But he absolutely touched all our lives in such a caring way.

Today he is in paradise, in the comforting presence of God Almighty, and he is etched into our memories never to be forgotten and reminding us to always be supportive and kind to one another - those for me are the sweet things.
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread that his son died on mar 23, the same day of his last post. Truly awful, RIP

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I pray that it's quick.
    Whichever way GOD determines this should go.

Been there. Dad hung on too long.
    Call me what you want. Cold hearted, calloused old sumbeech, etc.....
    If it's time, dear Lord, thy will be done.
    Amen.

Lost a buddy last week who is not on this board. Known him since the 80's. There is some mercy in his passing.

I taught him to shoot, taught him how to reload (and he surpassed my abilities!), got him on his first deer and showed him how to field dress a deer. We had many a cool beverage together, and the guy became like a brother to me. RIP buddy. I miss your humor already.

I will be delivering his eulogy at his memorial per his wife's request. A bit nervous about that. But I have no shortage of stories to tell.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Lost a buddy last week who is not on this board. Known him since the 80's. There is some mercy in his passing.

I taught him to shoot, taught him how to reload (and he surpassed my abilities!), got him on his first deer and showed him how to field dress a deer. We had many a cool beverage together, and the guy became like a brother to me. RIP buddy. I miss your humor already.

I will be delivering his eulogy at his memorial per his wife's request. A bit nervous about that. But I have no shortage of stories to tell.
    Sorry to hear this. Surely in a better place now. RIP.

Top Bottom