• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    He was the first one to welcome me when I signed up. And the first one to encourage me to sell what I had instead of snide remarks. And the only one to PM me recognizing an ancient metaphor I used. And the one that gave me the $1 challenge to make 5000 posts, and loved my 1000 trains. I lost him last spring when his txts and PMs lost their color, then faded away. I thought he was disappointed with me because my posts got dark and acid with resentment at the world's affairs; so I lost the urge to post hereon. Now I understand. Well, since we both shared a belief in the Eternal Spirit of Life, I'm back in memory of my first and best TGT friend. Be well.
    ARJ Defense ad

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    He was the first one to welcome me when I signed up. And the first one to encourage me to sell what I had instead of snide remarks. And the only one to PM me recognizing an ancient metaphor I used. And the one that gave me the $1 challenge to make 5000 posts, and loved my 1000 trains. I lost him last spring when his txts and PMs lost their color, then faded away. I thought he was disappointed with me because my posts got dark and acid with resentment at the world's affairs; so I lost the urge to post hereon. Now I understand. Well, since we both shared a belief in the Eternal Spirit of Life, I'm back in memory of my first and best TGT friend. Be well.
    I'm glad you came back.
    My guess is Jack would be glad, as well.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I never met Jack, but I knew him. We exchanged many long letters, telling the tales of our lives, and through his words I learned that he had more strength, and more courage, than anyone I've known.

He was injured badly in an accident a decade ago, deteriorated from there, always in severe pain, until finally he'd been confined to a hospital chair for the last 4 years. He was still declining when we first started our conversations - but he fought it. To heal, to hang on, and to enjoy life as much as he could, with his wife and two grown sons... and coming into TGT when he was able.

On March 23rd this year, Jack's oldest boy died suddenly - and that took everything out of him. On top of everything else, Jack just couldn't keep up the fight.. It's not that he quit, or gave up; he just couldn't do it anymore, he didn't have anything left.

Our long conversations stopped that day, I told him back then that I wasn't going anywhere and when he was ready we'd start up again. A week ago he wrote me a short note, gave me his number, but didn't tell me how bad things had become... I wrote him back but waited to call. Wish I had called then.

It was just by chance that I texted him today (for the first time) and Tabi (his wife) texted me back that Jack was in the hospital and they were arranging hospice. I called the number, she was there in the room with him, put the phone on speaker, and we all laughed and cried together. Seems with all the pain meds and everything else his body stopped accepting food and he'd lost 100 pounds since Connor died.

I haven't heard if he's still hanging on or not; and I know this is probably more than y'all wanted to know, and I'm sorry about that, and maybe some of you knew him better, and all of you knew him longer, but I wanted you to know he was a helluva man. To fight like that, for so long and so hard.

Peace to you Jack, my friend. You will be missed.

That's all, thanks for reading.
    Wow so sorry to hear

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    jack would call me everday and he read the thread about my recovery and kept me going to get better and stronger he use to tell me that my recovery inspired him to get better i'm sorry but i failed in that endeavor!
    So sorry for you too Axxe

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    jack would call me everday and he read the thread about my recovery and kept me going to get better and stronger he use to tell me that my recovery inspired him to get better i'm sorry but i failed in that endeavor!
    Or maybe that is what gave hin incentive to keep going as long as he did. He had something to finish.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Jonas, you didn't fail in any way. Your conversations with Jack enriched his life, otherwise he wouldn't have continued to communicate with you. Jack and you are both blessings.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I visited with Jack's wife late Wednesday; he's getting the really good drugs now. Mostly he sleeps, and delirious when awake. She's staying there with him, their younger son comes when he can. Her guess is days, if that. We're gonna keep in touch.

This will be a gentle last ride for Jack and I'm grateful to God for that.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I visited with Jack's wife late Wednesday; he's getting the really good drugs now. Mostly he sleeps, and delirious when awake. She's staying there with him, their younger son comes when he can. Her guess is days, if that. We're gonna keep in touch.

Gentle for him, which is good. His wife and son will need all your support though. I can't claim to have really known him but he seemed like a decent guy. Half the time when I'd log in in the morning I'd see 50+ notifications and half of them were "FNORD reacted to your post in Whatever Topic with LIKE..."

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Top Bottom