• What’s your favorite hot sauce?

• Total voters

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I am a Tapitio guy. the other stuff all tastes like vinegar to me. I also use Sirachi, when we were in Hawaii i found Hawaiian Hot Sauce that stuff is tasty and not too hot. Lastly my brother send me some hot sauces from the Carolinas. Outfit called Pepperbutt. Their sauce is based on the Carolina Reaper and some other pepper they claim are hotter than the reaper. Anyway one drop had me sweating for 10 minutes. I took it to the local bar/restaurant and the wait staff are all Hispanic. Every one of them tried it and all were licking ice.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I know it's not technically Hot Sauce , but the Herdez Salsa Verde is amazing.
    The roast garlic version will blow your mind .
    We have a good friend moving to NC and she bought 3 jars in case she can't find it there.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    I know it's not technically Hot Sauce , but the Herdez Salsa Verde is amazing.
    The roast garlic version will blow your mind .
    We have a good friend moving to NC and she bought 3 jars in case she can't find it there.

It’s quite decent.

Safeway in Seattle had it in big plastic jugs for cheap. We haven’t found it in the jugs down here.

Besides drinking it, har, I like mixing it with balsamic vinegar, to taste, as a marinade or braising pork shoulders in the mixture then pulling the pork and combining it back with the reduction of the liquid remainders. It, of course, reabsorbs it all. Good tacos.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I feel that pain. Even small amount can get my guys rumbling. Shirachia & Tabasco tare what I have on hand. I make a pretty decent mild sauce for myself and still will regret it.

I made an avacado sauce that good.

For me it's due to heartburn caused by too many pills (medication).

First time I found out I had heartburn was when I called my dr. and described the symptoms to his nurse.
    She said go straight to the ER.

Turns out it was severe heartburn.

Can't risk it.

Edited: fixed sentence.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    For me it's due to heartburn caused by too many pills (medication).

First time I found out I had heartburn was when I went to the I called my dr. and described the symptoms to his nurse.
    She said go straight to the ER.

Turns out it was severe heartburn.

Can't risk it.
    I can eat some pretty spicy stuff until it hits my lower intestine. The pain is just under kidney stone level pain. My pain killers do nothing to stop it either.

Mexican guy I worked renfest with always eats chiles of some sort with his meals. He had these tiny wild red peppers that I mailed out to friends in Sweden, Canada, UK and they grew them and loved the taste.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Mexican guy I worked renfest with always eats chiles of some sort with his meals. He had these tiny wild red peppers that I mailed out to friends in Sweden, Canada, UK and they grew them and loved the taste.

Were they small and round chiletepin and is the Texas State Native Pepper or small and elongated chilepiquin?

Both are the bird peppers. Birds spread them.

A lifelong favorite.

Top Bottom