TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Easy. This is amazing.

1f6d139c5b4902e84f3d15b21cc89962.jpg
    I'm liking the looks of that. Who sells it?
    ARJ Defense ad

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I like most all hot sauces. We always have several different options open and at least a half dozen in the pantry. Sricha, Tabasco regular, Chipotle, and Jalapeño, Cholula, Central Market Tomatillo, and Lousiana are always in the house.

On Asian food, I like Sricha. Breakfast is usually Tabasco, but breakfast tacos get green sauce. Lousiana on veggies and popcorn. Etc.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I like most all hot sauces. We always have several different options open and at least a half dozen in the pantry. Sricha, Tabasco regular, Chipotle, and Jalapeño, Cholula, Central Market Tomatillo, and Lousiana are always in the house.

On Asian food, I like Sricha. Breakfast is usually Tabasco, but breakfast tacos get green sauce. Lousiana on veggies and popcorn. Etc.
    I finally broke down and bought some Sricha haot sauce a couple of weeks ago. Pretty danged good stuff.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Pickled Jalapeno Sauce made from a 64 oz bottle of La Costena Nacho slices,
    Screenshot_20220708-232322_DuckDuckGo.jpg

liquid poured off, slices blended to a sauce and liquid added back to desired consistency. Rest of liquid saved to heat up V-8 juice. Sauce lasts me a couple months. Not too hot, but has good jalapeno flavor.

Bottle has always cost about $4, but getting harder to find. Have 2 in reserve, but will buy 6 next time I find them...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Pickled Jalapeno Sauce made from a 64 oz bottle of La Costena Nacho slices, View attachment 330988
    liquid poured off, slices blended to a sauce and liquid added back to desired consistency. Rest of liquid saved to heat up V-8 juice. Sauce lasts me a couple months. Not too hot, but has good jalapeno flavor.

Bottle has always cost about $4, but getting harder to find. Have 2 in reserve, but will buy 6 next time I find them...
    Dollar General carries that brand, we use them all the time.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Pickled Jalapeno Sauce made from a 64 oz bottle of La Costena Nacho slices, View attachment 330988

La Costena has been my favorite jalapeños for over 60 years.

That jar lasts for two pizzas here.

I just found my mother’s jalapeño hot sauce recipe during the move.

Gotta get some fresh ones.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015

I'm glad someone mentioned popcorn. I like Tabasco jalapeño on popcorn.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Hobanaros taste like candle waxish to me when eaten fresh. Mixed with other peppers it's better, but still not hot enough. Type of peppers or sauce depends on what is on the menu. If you really want to turn up the heat, add dry mustard, garlic salt or vinegar. Vinegar works like alcohol in medicine. A sauce that wasn't mentioned is Scorned Woman. It's great on Cajun food and is so far the best tasting sauce I've eaten on that type of food.

Top Bottom