• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If you think that making better food choices is hard.
    Try having cancer, diabetes, chronic inflammation, strokes and heart attacks and dementia.
    Choose your hard.

I hear it all the time from the "I know mah rights" crowd

Go ahead..eat and drink what you want when you want to.

It's your privilege to do so 100%

Just remember this is the "fitness " forum and nobody is forcing you to be in here!

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    vmax,

I know it can be difficult when people don't agree with you but,"I know mah rights".

"Just remember this is the "fitness " forum and nobody is forcing you to be in here!"

Hey, that's my line...and remember, your healthy BP rate is at stake when you yell when people chuckle and snort at food dogma!

Here, on the 'Daily Diet', we must obey vmax's food authori-tie/edicts or he'll go apoplectic on ya!

Now, try to settle down and perhaps consider eating a steaming hot bowl of dee-licious kale, the super food of champions...

Me, I'm gonna slurp down some Kraft's mac and cheese and then enjoy a big bowl of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream, perhaps with some Oreo's.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Et a sausage biscuit from Chick in the Fila this morn and I feel Good......like I knew that I would now I feel good....
    In all seriousness I have zero desire or intentions to live to be 80-90 mostly die to what this country/ world is gonna be like then.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I usually dont eat before going to work and sometimes its too busy to eat once ai get there.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Any one you know?
    1723679802152.png

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    FWIW...

I started eating nothing but unhealthy food two years ago. My current diet is almost entirely made up of mostly meat... but includes butter, talo, heavy cream, ground beef (80/20), steaks and other red meats like brisket and roasts, high fat cheese, some chicken, bacon (fattier the better), clean sausages, coffee (lots of coffee), water, minerals, and electrolytes. I consume a LOT of salt (like 5 grams/day) and potassium. I very rarely or just don't touch fruits, veggies, sugar, fiber, carbs, whole grains or artificial much of anything. I eat 1 meal a day, sometimes two, and fast regularly up to 36 hours. I'm rarely hungry.

I'm 41 and I've lost over 160 lbs, have little inflammation or joint issues, etc. I'm still really fat, but I'm losing weight every month.

Recent Blood work and tests:
    A1C = 5.1
    Fasting blood glucose = 82
    Sodium = 135mmol/L
    Chloride = 99mmol/L
    eGFR = 111
    Tot/HDL Ratio = 5.3
    Triglycerides = 128
    Triglycerides/HDL ratio = 1.47
    vLDL = 34
    Blood pressure average over 30 days = 124/70
    Heart output increased from 50% to 60%
    15% minor blockage down to 13%
    Stress test clear (other than anomaly mentioned below)
    Resting heart rate in the 50's (NOT an athlete)

I do have an unknown anomaly on EKG and neurological issues of unknown origins (dysautonomia) which cardiologist cannot explain origin of. We think it's genetic as sibling has similar issues.

Not on any medication for blood sugar, blood pressure, heart, cholesterol or anything diet related (no cheating).

I stopped listening to doctor's "nutritional expertise" and I've been a better man for it. Wish I did this decades ago...

My cardiologist said to keep doing what I'm doing...

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    This semi famous film maker died of cancer recently

He got famous doing documentaries on the effects of eating fast food.

He did a couple films where he lived on McDonald's food only.

During one of the films..his doctors watching his blood work weekly were shocked at how bad his health got in a short time

Or maybe it was the vaccine he was so happy to get that he bragged about it and told others to go get it

View attachment 467367View attachment 467368
    View attachment 467369View attachment 467395
    He was also a raging alcoholic which may have had something to do with his health problems?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    He was also a raging alcoholic which may have had something to do with his health problems?
    I found a post where he was proud of taking the vaccine and urging others too..
    So he had a long list of possibilities for why he got cancer

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Fortunately for me I was married to a Cali health nut for 37 years. I have kept up most of her protocol since she passed. Lots of salads, fruits, veggies and rarely a fast food anything. Canes chicken is the closest I get to fast food.

I was doing it before it became trendy.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Fortunately for me I was married to a Cali health nut for 37 years. I have kept up most of her protocol since she passed. Lots of salads, fruits, veggies and rarely a fast food anything. Canes chicken is the closest I get to fast food.

I was doing it before it became trendy.
    I hardly ever eat salad or fruit except for some watermelon now and then.
    80% of my diet is meat eggs and dairy
    Basically carnivore with some vegetables thrown in

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I hardly ever eat salad or fruit except for some watermelon now and then.
    80% of my diet is meat eggs and dairy
    Basically carnivore with some vegetables thrown in

A lot of folks underestimate the amount of complete protein they need. Complete meaning that which includes adequate amounts of necessary amino acids in the necessary proportions. Those proportions don't have to come from a single food, but the daily intake needs to provide enough for the myriad types of protein synthesis to take place in our bodies.

That's a challenge for vegans because all vegetable protein, in and of itself, is incomplete, including soy and peas. In other words, if someone doesn't eat any kind of meat, eggs, or dairy products, they have to consume significantly more total protein in order to get enough of the necessary amino acids. Like, a lot more food. I've known some vegans who supplement with protein powder; they show me the powder and the protein sources are whey and casein...then I have the sad responsibility of telling them that they're getting their protein from milk.

But here's the skinny: the RDA for sedentary adults is 0.8 grams of complete protein per kilogram of bodyweight per day. That works out to 1 gram per ≈2.76 pounds of bodyweight. For someone who weighs 200, that's a minimum of 72 or 73 grams of complete protein per day.

If you’re 50 or over, that’s bumped up to 1 to 1.2 grams, or 1 gram per ≈1.84 pounds of bodyweight. Our bodies become less efficient in absorbing and processing the amino acids.

If you're a regular exerciser, 1.1 to 1.5 grams per day; or 1 gram per ≈1.5 pounds of bodyweight.

If you're actively and regularly doing resistance training, i.e., lifting weights with intent, 1.2 to 1.7 grams, or 1 gram per ≈1.3 pounds of bodyweight.

Some hard-core lifters might approach 2 grams per pound of bodyweight per day, but I've never seen any studies that indicate that makes any sense...unless they're juicing (the politically correct term nowadays is that they are "enhanced").

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    A lot of folks underestimate the amount of complete protein they need. Complete meaning that which includes adequate amounts of necessary amino acids in the necessary proportions. Those proportions don't have to come from a single food, but the daily intake needs to provide enough for the myriad types of protein synthesis to take place in our bodies.

That's a challenge for vegans because all vegetable protein, in and of itself, is incomplete, including soy and peas. In other words, if someone doesn't eat any kind of meat, eggs, or dairy products, they have to consume significantly more total protein in order to get enough of the necessary amino acids. Like, a lot more food. I've known some vegans who supplement with protein powder; they show me the powder and the protein sources are whey and casein...then I have the sad responsibility of telling them that they're getting their protein from milk.

But here's the skinny: the RDA for sedentary adults is 0.8 grams of complete protein per kilogram of bodyweight per day. That works out to 1 gram per ≈2.76 pounds of bodyweight. For someone who weighs 200, that's a minimum of 72 or 73 grams of complete protein per day.

If you’re 50 or over, that’s bumped up to 1 to 1.2 grams, or 1 gram per ≈1.84 pounds of bodyweight. Our bodies become less efficient in absorbing and processing the amino acids.

If you're a regular exerciser, 1.1 to 1.5 grams per day; or 1 gram per ≈1.5 pounds of bodyweight.

If you're actively and regularly doing resistance training, i.e., lifting weights with intent, 1.2 to 1.7 grams, or 1 gram per ≈1.3 pounds of bodyweight.

Some hard-core lifters might approach 2 grams per pound of bodyweight per day, but I've never seen any studies that indicate that makes any sense...unless they're juicing (the politically correct term nowadays is that they are "enhanced").

Yes! And people who over eat carbs(sugar) and bad fats their body can't use the excessive calories and stores that as fat which makes their insulin resistance even more worse than it was
    Setting in motion a whole string of metabolic disorders like diabetes, high blood pressure , heart disease and stroke.

But not to worry there is a doctor with a pill and a syringe that can help you "manage" your chronic self induced metabolic disease right up till the time they fit you for a coffin.

Not sure if you are on Instagram but here is my nutrition page if you care to follow

1000034964.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom