• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Please let me add my experience to this thread. I've suffered pancreatic cancer, which is seriously bad stuff, and had various cancers in the family. My sisters and I participated in gene testing and family history records to help with research being done for cancer. One side of my family has no recorded cancers. They all died of cardiovascular stuff. The other side has various cancers, including some that show up in every generation. There are also a number of family members who smoked, worked with lead, benzene, asbestos, soot, and heaven knows how many other chemicals but yet never got lung cancer.

The biggest factor in cancer is your genetics. Curse chemicals and frankenfoods all you want, the truth is that some people are susceptible to certain cancers and others are not. Some people can fight cancer and others cannot.

Yes, there are things that damage your body and can greatly increase the chances that you get cancer. Smoking is a big and obvious one. Drinking to excess is another. Sun damage to your skin, liver damage from chemical exposure, and radiation damage are all dangerous. You can reduce your risk, but you can't diet or exercise your risk down to zero.

Life is short. Eat bacon. Buy that pistol you've been eyeing. Keep up with your friends and family and be sure to tell them that you love them. Remember that the Bible says, "Who by worry can add one moment to his life?".

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Please let me add my experience to this thread. I've suffered pancreatic cancer, which is seriously bad stuff, and had various cancers in the family. My sisters and I participated in gene testing and family history records to help with research being done for cancer. One side of my family has no recorded cancers. They all died of cardiovascular stuff. The other side has various cancers, including some that show up in every generation. There are also a number of family members who smoked, worked with lead, benzene, asbestos, soot, and heaven knows how many other chemicals but yet never got lung cancer.

The biggest factor in cancer is your genetics. Curse chemicals and frankenfoods all you want, the truth is that some people are susceptible to certain cancers and others are not. Some people can fight cancer and others cannot.

Yes, there are things that damage your body and can greatly increase the chances that you get cancer. Smoking is a big and obvious one. Drinking to excess is another. Sun damage to your skin, liver damage from chemical exposure, and radiation damage are all dangerous. You can reduce your risk, but you can't diet or exercise your risk down to zero.

Life is short. Eat bacon. Buy that pistol you've been eyeing. Keep up with your friends and family and be sure to tell them that you love them. Remember that the Bible says, "Who by worry can add one moment to his life?".
    Thanks for your heartfelt response. Genetics does absolutely play a huge part in cancer and I assume you're referring to heart disease also. 10 years ago my parents almost lost all 3 sons to heart attacks. One for sure, us other two got bypasses., 7 between us. Genetics as you say.,

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I disagree.

Genetics can load the gun ..so to speak, but your diet and lifestyle is what pulls the trigger

My dad got type 2 diabetes in his late 40s.
    15 years ago I had 2 doctors tell me that I would end up with diabetes more than likely because of my dad.

I have zero issues with blood sugar and am metabolicly healthy.

Diabetes don't run in your family as much as bad diet and habits do.
    Smoking and other factors can have a big impact on family cancer rates.
    Is Smoking a genetic trait?
    How about alcohol consumption ? Is that genetic ?

I disagree.

Genetics can load the gun ..so to speak, but your diet and lifestyle is what pulls the trigger

My dad got type 2 diabetes in his late 40s.
    15 years ago I had 2 doctors tell me that I would end up with diabetes more than likely because of my dad.

I have zero issues with blood sugar and am metabolicly healthy.

Diabetes don't run in your family as much as bad diet and habits do.
    Smoking and other factors can have a big impact on family cancer rates.
    Is Smoking a genetic trait?
    How about alcohol consumption ? Is that genetic ?
    I DON'T DISAGREE WITH WHAT YOUR'RESAYIG BUT CANCER HAS ALMOST BECOME AS COMMON AS A COL OR FLUIN CURRENT TIMES

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Watched a documentary about him. Besides everyone knowing McDonalds is u healthy, he went out of his way to be as ridiculously over the top as he could for Supersize Me, to the point of continuing to eat after he already felt sick from eating too much.

There was also some bulkshit going on with the doctors, but I don’t remember the specifics.

IIRC, he had a history of alcoholism as well, which was likely the cause of some of the health issues doctors were finding and were blamed on his short term binge eating.

McDonald’s is garbage, but Supersize Me was more about selling the show than any kind of honest results.
    THER WAS A PROGRAM ON NET FLIX ABOUT HIM

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I don’t know what degree genetics plays in the likelihood of getting cancer. But common sense and unbiased observation reveals that exposure to an unhealthy environment leads to poor health.

An unhealthy environment is a very broad thing to consider. It includes obvious things our bodies can not handle such as exposure to extreme heat or cold and lack of oxygen that very quickly affect our health. It also includes things that have a slower affect to the health of our bodies, such as poisons, communicable diseases, and even malnutrition.

Poisons and communicable diseases are obvious, but we have been willfully ignorant about nutrition. 100 years ago our diet consisted of real foods; basic foods. The ingredients list would not have included words difficult to pronounce.

The FDA, founded nearly 120 years ago, has done some very good things to enable us to be healthy. They have also endorsed and allowed very poor things causing “the sheep” of us to be unhealthy - a biggie being the food pyramid, beginning in 1974… It was at this point that the obesity epidemic and all the other associated health issues began.

The implementation of nutrition labels in 1994 was a great thing. It’s a big help to those of us trying to be healthy. But we must be aware that it does not tell the whole story.

Our diet and physical activity play a very large part in our health and disease prevention.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Wrong. Very very wrong.

eating dietary fats doesn't make you fat.

Sugar and processed food makes you fat. Cheetos, cokes and snickers bars is what makes you fat

I eat butter and cook with tallow and while I could stand to drop 5 lbs..I am not fat or considered obese.

View attachment 467328
    I was going to quote the same post with a similar response.

His post shows that he believes what the commercially paid for "nutritionists" want you to believe.

At the end of the day a calorie is a calorie.

I've seen a few different tests studying being in a calorie deficit and losing weight. Every one showed that the deficit caused weight loss. One guy ate only sugar, one guy only candy bars, one guy only McDonald's for a month. All lost weight because they maintained a calorie deficit.

One point that I have personally experienced while on a carnivore diet is how seldom I get hungry again. Many days I eat only once.

Eating a lot of highly processed shit food makes you hungry a lot faster.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I don’t know what degree genetics plays in the likelihood of getting cancer. But common sense and unbiased observation reveals that exposure to an unhealthy environment leads to poor health.

An unhealthy environment is a very broad thing to consider. It includes obvious things our bodies can not handle such as exposure to extreme heat or cold and lack of oxygen that very quickly affect our health. It also includes things that have a slower affect to the health of our bodies, such as poisons, communicable diseases, and even malnutrition.

Poisons and communicable diseases are obvious, but we have been willfully ignorant about nutrition. 100 years ago our diet consisted of real foods; basic foods. The ingredients list would not have included words difficult to pronounce.

The FDA, founded nearly 120 years ago, has done some very good things to enable us to be healthy. They have also endorsed and allowed very poor things causing “the sheep” of us to be unhealthy - a biggie being the food pyramid, beginning in 1974… It was at this point that the obesity epidemic and all the other associated health issues began.

The implementation of nutrition labels in 1994 was a great thing. It’s a big help to those of us trying to be healthy. But we must be aware that it does not tell the whole story.

Our diet and physical activity play a very large part in our health and disease prevention.
    Excellent post. The clearest example of this is what happened to the plains tribes when they were forced off bison and onto flour.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Eating a lot of highly processed shit food makes you hungry a lot faster.
    Exactly what it's designed to do.

They spent millions on research to figure out how to make their food addictive.

If you sit down with a large, plain white baked potato with just some salt, pepper and butter..and that's all you ate..a few minutes into it, you would begin to get the feeling you don't want to finish it.
    It's known as palate fatigue..it's a built in program that keeps you from over eating.

6 Oz of that baked potato is 150 calories..a tablespoons of butter..100 calories..so 250 calories of whole real food..no chemicals.

Now take a bag of lays BBQ potato chips..a person could easily eat a whole bag of them because of the flavor enhancers that are there to create euphoria in the pleasure center of your brain.
    That whole bag of chips is about 2000 calories..that's the normal amount of calories that a 200 lb adult should consume for an entire day.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Think I'll do a 30 day test.

One morning Coffee, with real cream & 1T sugar <non-negotiable.

Everything else will be only:
    Butter, bacon, hard cheese, nuts, apples, bananas, baked potato, grass-fed fire-cooked naked meat, eggs, canned tuna/salmon, S&P. And plenty of water. That's it. I'll let you know how it goes.

See any red-flags?

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Butter, bacon, hard cheese, apples, bananas, baked potato, grass-fed fire-cooked naked meat, canned tuna/salmon, S&P. And plenty of water. That's it. I'll let you know how it goes.

See any red-flags?
    Needs eggs.
    And beer.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

Butter, bacon, hard cheese, nuts, apples, bananas, baked potato, grass-fed fire-cooked naked meat, eggs, canned tuna/salmon, S&P. And plenty of water. That's it. I'll let you know how it goes.

See any red-flags?
    Salt..not sure what naked meat means..but you need salt and electrolytes not just water

What about sweet potato, you like them or not? Is poultry on the list? I eat the alot of chicken and turkey

Nothing sticks out as wrong to me.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Excellent posts and conversation guys and gals. In the end, we are all responsible for our health, but the highly processed food industry and the medical (big pharma) companies are not in your best interest. They want to keep returning as as a customer. Many factors affect health, control what you know. Avoid high levels of processed sugars, they cause inflammation and spike your insulin. Diabetes is a slow cancer. It will eat you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Salt..not sure what naked meat means..but you need salt and electrolytes not just water

What about sweet potato, you like them or not? Is poultry on the list? I eat the alot of chicken and turkey

Naked meat = no sauces, rubs, etc.
    S&P = I use Arctic Sea Salt Flakes from Iceland, & coarse ground black pepper, but usually not too much.
    Yes re poultry, soon as I find a local supplier; yes re sweet potatoes..yum!

Last edited:

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX

True. Salt is needed as a mineral. It only causes high blood pressure because of a lack of potassium to balance. Most people fail to understand this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom