• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I don't worry about what McDonalds does in thier kitchen. I just assume anything from any fast food is messed up and to be avoided.
    There is no proof of what's Mickey Ds is said to have or do to their food. It's wide spread BS. Why would the masses target them and not the others. Also there are people who work for or have friends or families who work for all of the suppliers for these franchises. Why is it they never say this shit?
    I have a friend that works for Farmer John's and they get the same BS accusations about additive and such.

Nofir55

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2016
    Katy Texas
    How about F stress ?

When you stress about the mercury in the fish, that you fry in hi cholesterol oil, on a poison Teflon pan, and wash it down with high fluoride glass of water or alcoholic beer. while you have your cellphone glued to your ear.

These days everything will give you cancer.!!

Eat what ever you want in moderation and stop stressing over everything

"Life is good" (Hickok 45)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I don't worry about what McDonalds does in thier kitchen. I just assume anything from any fast food is messed up and to be avoided.
    About the only thing there I'll have is the coffee

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If you tallow and butter to cook in then you best be very very active. These are very high fat content and will expand your middle.
    Wrong. Very very wrong.

eating dietary fats doesn't make you fat.

Sugar and processed food makes you fat. Cheetos, cokes and snickers bars is what makes you fat

I eat butter and cook with tallow and while I could stand to drop 5 lbs..I am not fat or considered obese.

1000031518.jpg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    While exercising is good, its is not necessary to lose weight. I lost weight by fasting and avoiding foods high carbs and sugar while eating high fatty foods. Burn more calories than you consume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alot of truth in that statement

Exercise can help your overall calorie deficit and it's good for your heart.

Actually walking 10k steps a day very effective for weight loss.

Now..lifting weights..builds muscle and muscle burns fat.
    The more muscle you have the less fat you will tend to have and the more muscle you have the more food you can eat!

People with more muscle can also fend off sickness and disease better.
    Have you ever seen a skinny person get seriously injured or very sick?
    They usually don't do too well.
    When the body needs energy to fight off sickness and disease it actually consumes muscle for energy
    When you don't have much muscle..the body can't fight as well and it often ends up losing the battle.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I prefer bacon grease.

The answer is ALWAYS Bacon Fat !!

Others not mentioned:

Castor oil, use all the time, for lubricant, extremely high film strength.
    Used in aircraft engines during WW1.
    But...
    If ingested causes very loose bowels, as pilots back then found out.
    Works excellent in high performance 2-cycle engines, and who cares about the riders/drivers behind you.
    Can be cooked down to make very sticky thick fluid, that I use on my lathe gears.

Banana oil:
    Very slippery stuff, used in TriFlow oil.
    Pleasant smell.
    Went looking for some to try my own recipe of gun lube.
    Find it all over eBay, sold as...
    V
    V
    V
    V
    wait for it
    V
    V
    V
    V

Sex Lube !

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    There is no proof of what's Mickey Ds is said to have or do to their food. It's wide spread BS. Why would the masses target them and not the others. Also there are people who work for or have friends or families who work for all of the suppliers for these franchises. Why is it they never say this shit?
    I have a friend that works for Farmer John's and they get the same BS accusations about additive and such.
    I was turned off of fast food and specifically McDonalds when I was maintaining a truck fleet and trailers for one of the large warehouses that supplied McDonalds in the StLouis area. I got to see first hand the way refrigerated products were handled even before the teenagers that I would not trust to sweep a floor fired up the grills.
    I won't go into specifics, but it was enough to make me want to grow my own food.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Wrong. Very very wrong.

eating dietary fats doesn't make you fat.

Sugar and processed food makes you fat. Cheetos, cokes and snickers bars is what makes you fat

I eat butter and cook with tallow and while I could stand to drop 5 lbs..I am not fat or considered obese.

View attachment 467328
    I use 2-4 pounds of butter a week. A jar or 100% natural peanut butter a week and usually 2-3 pounds of bacon a week. I fry my eggs in bacon fat or honey and butter. Srambled eggs with honey and butter is yummy stuff. When I fry eggs 8n bacon grease, I give the whites to the dogs and eat just the yolks. 3-6 at a time. Especially duck eggs, and their yolks havemore fat than chicken eggs. I also drink coffee constantly.
    I weigh right about 125 lbs.
    Yeah, it ain't the natural fats. Most of the overweight people I know eat supposedly healthy compared to me.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Sounds like you want to share something with me...go ahead..I'll listen
    No, not really, i would just assume that some of the store bought bacon may be less healthy than others, but really don't know.
    The only bacon that I care for is what we produced from hogs on my grandfathers farm. That bacon kind of spoiled me and just don't care for what is available at the grocery stores.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Unfortunately, most drs see you as a client ($) and not a patient. They have no financial incentive to make you well. When i told my doctor I wanted to lose weight and get off my meds, she offered me more meds to help me lose weight. I declined. Like it has been said, your body, your choice. Do some research and educate yourself or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I use 2-4 pounds of butter a week. A jar or 100% natural peanut butter a week and usually 2-3 pounds of bacon a week. I fry my eggs in bacon fat or honey and butter. Srambled eggs with honey and butter is yummy stuff. When I fry eggs 8n bacon grease, I give the whites to the dogs and eat just the yolks. 3-6 at a time. Especially duck eggs, and their yolks havemore fat than chicken eggs. I also drink coffee constantly.
    Yeah, it ain't the natural fats. Most of the overweight people I know eat supposedly healthy compared to me.

I never thought of using honey and butter. I eat a lot of eggs and will have to give that a try. I raise my own chickens and ducks and have a nearly limitless supply of eggs from both.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    No, not really, i would just assume that some of the store bought bacon may be less healthy than others, but really don't know.
    The only bacon that I care for is what we produced from hogs on my grandfathers farm. That bacon kind of spoiled me and just don't care for what is available at the grocery stores.
    Oh I agree with you 100%
    Any food you can process yourself is best for sure.
    Worst thing about bacon or sausage is the amount of nitrates and nitrates some processors use..
    Too much of that has been linked to colon cancer

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

The egg whites contain the protein..it's really best to eat the
    whole egg !

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mosingirl