• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Short everywhere. Between limited production and delivery since last spring and a ton of new RV owners, good used 3/4 ton and up trucks are rare as hen’s teeth, especially if you’re looking for a gas motor.

Just a suggestion but most 3/4 tons all suffer the same problem…they’ve got only a small bumpy of payload over a HD payload 1/2 ton. While that’s a paper restriction, it ain’t that much more money (if any at all) to get into a 1 ton that opens up a whole lot more capability.
    Found a few one ton trucks at the Ritchie Brothers yard last weekend. The online auction was today. I was outbid on one truck and actually was bidding on another but their system had some lag and I lost it to someone bidding in Puerto Rico. Still on the hunt.

Hopefully I close by the end of the month. Still waiting on the appraisal, hopefully that doesn't sink my deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Found a few one ton trucks at the Ritchie Brothers yard last weekend. The online auction was today. I was outbid on one truck and actually was bidding on another but their system had some lag and I lost it to someone bidding in Puerto Rico. Still on the hunt.

Hopefully I close by the end of the month. Still waiting on the appraisal, hopefully that doesn't sink my deal.

Good luck!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Hopefully I close by the end of the month. Still waiting on the appraisal, hopefully that doesn't sink my deal…

Good luck. I’d hold on the truck purchase in this market until after closing, but I’m conservative like that. The vehicle market ain’t going to change drastically between now and next month; it may be another 18 months before the big 3 are delivering at ‘normal levels’.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Good luck. I’d hold on the truck purchase in this market until after closing, but I’m conservative like that. The vehicle market ain’t going to change drastically between now and next month; it may be another 18 months before the big 3 are delivering at ‘normal levels’.
    Whatever I get will be well used. I have enough daily drivers, just need a tow rig. I guess once the manufacturers start pumping them out again the used truck market will get a bit better.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Whatever I get will be well used. I have enough daily drivers, just need a tow rig. I guess once the manufacturers start pumping them out again the used truck market will get a bit better.

I hope so.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve been watching auctions in snow plow country and they’re slightly better inventory than down here.

I hope so.
    You and me both. Momma wants a newer set of wheels.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    The only issue with snow plow country vehicles is rust from salt on the roads.
    A bunch of the vehicles from the RB auction had North Dakota plates. All had rust issues, nothing that was too major but more than what we're used to seeing here.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I inherited some land just outside Palestine in Anderson Co.
    after my dad passed 8 years ago. Taxes went way up before I could get it sold. He had timber and other exemptions, but I understand the county goes back and collects full freight on the past 5 years. Driving along the country roads I always wondered how much tax is being collected for those miles and miles.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I inherited some land just outside Palestine in Anderson Co.
    after my dad passed 8 years ago. Taxes went way up before I could get it sold. He had timber and other exemptions, but I understand the county goes back and collects full freight on the past 5 years. Driving along the country roads I always wondered how much tax is being collected for those miles and miles.

This property currently has a timber exemption. I plan on filing my exemption ASAP and getting my forest management plan submitted to the county. If you convert the property from the ag exemption just to a "regular" property then they hit you with the five years of back taxes ( i think now it's only three). At least that's my understanding of it. It's still a scam IMO.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    You can convert from timber or ag to wildlife with no penalty. There are some things you have to do, but it's easy.
    I'm going to use the timber exemption for now because thats what the sellers had and they hired a forestry manager to do their timber management plan last year. Plus I want to take advantage of the sales tax exemption for the ag related purchases.

Top Bottom