• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Let me help you with that Flash...............

The biggest damage from the Boston bombings was in trashing of Civil and Constitutional Rights in trying to apprehend the lone 19 year old, unarmed,wounded fugitive. I am very sorry for the injuries and loss of life but those pale by comparison to the blows our citizen rights suffered.

Flash
    Texas SOT

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    The same reason that those ladies in LA got their truck shot to hell while the cops searched for Dorner. They never determined WHO they were shooting at before pulling the trigger. Most of them had probably never been in a situation that required them to even pull out their gun, much less shoot it.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    By god did those Gestapo agents err I mean Cops shoot, can't say I have alot of sympathy for the bomber kid you start it we will finish it but damn your supposed to try and get him alive. Yes I realize he isn't dead.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The LEO's are due any minute to bitch because we criticized the cops in Boston. They shot Hell out of this guy apparently because that wanted "payback". They entered homes in house to house searches without warrants and forced residents out at gunpoint. That crap is just plain wrong!

Flash

Last edited:

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    I'm not here to cop bash. I have tons of respect for LEO's, most of my family are career LEO's. I have a healthy amount of respect and admiration for what they do, however, I feel that this situation went apeshit quick fast and in a hurry, and the people who called the shots have zero respect from me for how they handled it.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    I also am not bashing cops, just pointing out that for most of them, the training they got didn't really prepare them for the situation they found themselves in and that they were so jacked up they didn't really look at what they were shooting at. I have a ton of respect for most LEOs, but also know that their desire to "do their job" doesn't mean that I don't have rights.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry.....but they knew the perp was in the boat, and that he:

1. Had already participated in a unprovoked attack on innocent civilians.

2. Had already participated in the murder of an LEO.

3. Was refusing to show his hands.

4. Had previously been in possession of explosive devices, and had deployed same without hesitation.

5. There was every reasonable expectation that he had either a gun or more explosive devices available to him, quite possibly in his hands ready to use.

6. I would have had no issue with them setting fire to that boat if it meant that a cop would be going home safely that night.

Why in the HELL are so many wringing their hands over the fate of a scum-sucking punk that attacked innocent folks, one that had lived off the largesse of the very people he attacked???

With regards to the house-to-house searches....yes, I agree - those should NOT have taken place without search warrants, or the consent of the residents, but from what I saw the residents DID consent to those searches. IMO, the cops were heavy-handed in the way they then conducted those searches - but those involved gave up their rights willingly. As I've said before - I would NOT have given consent to search a home I was occupying, because I'd KNOW it was "clear" - a search warrant WOULD have been required prior to their entering - period. If they wanted to search outbuildings, I'd have been okay with that, because I would NOT *know* that they were clear - and I'd be just as anxious as they were to locate and apprehend the jerk.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I wish the bomber a slow and painful death, I'm mainly incensed so many cops went along with the searches.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    I wish the bomber a slow and painful death, I'm mainly incensed so many cops went along with the searches.

Agreed. I don't care that they shot the shit out of the boat, they were talking to him and had identified him as the suspect. They had no way to know he wasn't armed since he wouldn't give up. I'm mostly talking about the warrant less searches that don't look consensual at all to me. Those people were forced out of their homes and they were searched. That is one of the major reasons behind the revolution from Britain was due to the stamp act, which caused soldiers to go into people's houses and search them for contraband. We should feel the same way about the police busting in doors looking for a suspect!

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    Why in the HELL are so many wringing their hands over the fate of a scum-sucking punk that attacked innocent folks, one that had lived off the largesse of the very people he attacked???

Maybe I'm just gettin old but it used to be you were responsible for your own actions. He brought this on himself. Not only did he kill innocent peope but he continued to try to kill as many LEO's has he possible could. He did his best to take out as many people as he possibly could. And you worry about how he was shot at?

As to many people of Boston, they decided to give up their rights, no one forced them to. They made their own choices.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Ben Franklin

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    With regards to the house-to-house searches....yes, I agree - those should NOT have taken place without search warrants, or the consent of the residents, but from what I saw the residents DID consent to those searches. IMO, the cops were heavy-handed in the way they then conducted those searches - but those involved gave up their rights willingly. As I've said before - I would NOT have given consent to search a home I was occupying, because I'd KNOW it was "clear" - a search warrant WOULD have been required prior to their entering - period. If they wanted to search outbuildings, I'd have been okay with that, because I would NOT *know* that they were clear - and I'd be just as anxious as they were to locate and apprehend the jerk.
    I'm not so sure they all consented willingly to the searches, and I doubt that insisting on a warrant for search would have done any good. When someone's banging on your door, and you open it to find what looks Seal Team 6 on your porch, guns at the ready, very damn few people are going to think "no" is the right answer. You might not give consent because you know your house is clear, but they're not going to take your word for it.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    As to many people of Boston, they decided to give up their rights, no one forced them to. They made their own choices.
    See above - I don't think many of them felt there was a choice to make. I'd like to see even one example of someone who tried to assert their rights and had the cops leave without incident.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    What I think is worse even is that second video. If the threat was over, why were the police still going house to house with guns drawn?

Top Bottom