• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The house to house searches resulted in nothing. It was a homeowner who went out to his backyard for a smoke after the lock down stay inside curfew was lifted and saw his boat cover flapping open.
    Meet David Henneberry, the Tipster Who Caught Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - Connor Simpson - The Atlantic Wire

Was the lock down and home searches necessary? I hear great stories about Bostonians being cooperative and having this giant community effort to help LEOs, does it make sense then one of them would harbor the suspect of a crime of this magnitude? Was there concern that Bostonians would not have pointed police to the whereabouts of the suspect if there were no lockdown in place? Were police worried the suspect would take hostages?

A few rounds fired and suspect found "outside of zone"
    Watertown man Dave Henneberry steps outside for cigarette, finds bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev hiding in his boat  - NY Daily News

I think there's some real differences to how urbanites and more rural minded/located people handle situations.
    Lynx Defense

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I live in suburbia of Fort Worth minutes from downtown. Ya aint comen in asshat without a damn warrant final warning we can have a standoff that's fine but ya aint comen in. From the looks of it of it ya could have not opened the door and held out long enough they would have caught, said douche and they would look like morons for what they did. Maybe it's the just me getting fed up with people with badges taking more power than they were given. That being said the best law enforcement I've ever dealt with have been troopers local to yocals I'm not a fan.

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    I think there's some real differences to how urbanites and more rural minded/located people handle situations.
    Thats a fact jack..

I will look for the original author, but I once heard a sales trainer explain the difference in personal space between rural and urban citizens. As a salesman when approaching the owner of a farm he found it was appropriate to wave hello to the farmer as soon as he was visible, usually the fence line. Country folk have a big personal bubble.. once you get on their land or even on their road you're in their space. I know i've seen it, i've been out in the pasture shooting the shit and seen a truck driving down the road as everyone stares in suspicion

When approaching a homeowner in the city it was odd to wave hello at such a distance, not until you were within earshot was it appropriate to say hello. Try saying hello to someone 100 yards away in the city.. they will just look at you funny.

I know we're not talking about selling people stuff, but the difference in how each views their personal space is significant.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    ........Try saying hello to someone 100 yards away in the city.. they will just look at you funny.

I'm in SA and I say hello or some form of it pretty much everyone I come within a 10 feet of, mainly because it's my way, but I have to admit I get a kick out of the some peoples reaction, city folk are real easy to throw off. Most people in the city and suburbs will just try to keep their head down and avoid any interaction.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thats a fact jack..

I will look for the original author, but I once heard a sales trainer explain the difference in personal space between rural and urban citizens. As a salesman when approaching the owner of a farm he found it was appropriate to wave hello to the farmer as soon as he was visible, usually the fence line. Country folk have a big personal bubble.. once you get on their land or even on their road you're in their space. I know i've seen it, i've been out in the pasture shooting the shit and seen a truck driving down the road as everyone stares in suspicion

When approaching a homeowner in the city it was odd to wave hello at such a distance, not until you were within earshot was it appropriate to say hello. Try saying hello to someone 100 yards away in the city.. they will just look at you funny.

I know we're not talking about selling people stuff, but the difference in how each views their personal space is significant.

This is very true.

Out where I live we know the regular cars and wave, any unfamiliar cars we watch like a hawk, if they stop for any reason we are watching until they leave.

If they pull in the gate we are checking for the nearest means of self defense.

We like our personal space, that's why we're out here.

When we go visit someone we know its usually pulling in and standing by the truck till they come outside. They know we're there and we wave when the step out on the porch.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    what's funny to me is they didn't find the muddier faker on their own, despite all the "illegal" searches and legal searches.. it took a citizen to call in the irregularity What does this say about the "service" for which the US public is paying for via taxes?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Thats a fact jack..

Absolutely.

Funny about salesman going to farms, my grandma would meet them (or any stranger) with a shotgun. There was one or two that earned her trust to drive up the road. But most of them were run off. lol Those guys were usually better off dealing with the barking mad dogs than facing grandma. I admit that 'big bubble' has made it all the way down to me. I can't stand it when non-on-my-street people drive down our road. In fact I don't think they should drive any further past their house lol I'm the end in the culdesac. It is my culdesac.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That is not what I have been taught when dealing with armed and dangerous suspects in the field. Is this video even from last week? If they had suspicion the wackos were in this house, that would be an appropriate response.

So if you're out looking for a bad guy, that's justification enough to point a weapon at people you know nothing about?

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    My neighbor called me last week saying someone was using a machete and clearing some brush on my fence line. Told her not to worry, it probably is the Realtor putting up a new for sale sign, if it wasn't wait until they are finished with the fence before calling sheriff. love my country neighbors, husband NRA instructor, FFL holder.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Amazing how people are startled by this type of behavior and in the same thought "happy that they are doing their jobs."

That peaked my eyebrow too. The residents simply accepted and excused the treatment. I especially concerned to see so many people put out of their homes, walking away while heavily armed & dressed LEOs enter. It is a picture that does not set well with me.

My position on these door to door searches echos others who've written:

I respectfully decline to consent to a search inside my house. Me and my family have the interior secured. I assure you with absolute certainty the suspect is not inside. I do give you permission to search the front & backyard, any unlocked out buildings and the outside perimeter of the house. Thanks

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    big fight on this today with oldest daughter.. wife and i take her to Chinese buffet for lunch.. she mentions how PROUD she is of the Boston police.. i'm ok.. fill her in on how we were in martial law, the search thing, who REALLY caught the BG.. Shes die hard. and mom of our two Gkids.. i rolled like a cheap beach ball..

Rogue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Katy, TX
    So if you're out looking for a bad guy, that's justification enough to point a weapon at people you know nothing about?

If that cop had pointed his rifle at me in my bedroom window... I'd either open the window and ask him kindly to point it in a different direction, or put a confederate flag up there so he can stare at that instead.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    If that cop had pointed his rifle at me in my bedroom window... I'd either open the window and ask him kindly to point it in a different direction, or put a confederate flag up there so he can stare at that instead.

Lol, I probably would have ended up in jail because I would have become real mouthy about him pointing a gun at me.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I am sure we will see more and more of

"**** your stupid right, we have a terrorist going around" or more righteously "We have a terrorist situation and you are worried about your stupid rights, are you with us or with the terrorist"

Top Bottom