• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    big fight on this today with oldest daughter.. wife and i take her to Chinese buffet for lunch.. she mentions how PROUD she is of the Boston police.. i'm ok.. fill her in on how we were in martial law, the search thing, who REALLY caught the BG.. Shes die hard. and mom of our two Gkids.. i rolled like a cheap beach ball..

You know, the police caught the bad guy. Sure a citizen saw the blood, but this was due to the fact the police had a perimeter set up, people were not moving about and a massive police presence. This contained the bad guy as he couldn't move. He didn't know he was in or out and had he popped up people would have seen him. Citizen goes out, calls 911 and bam suspect in custody. That is how it works all the time.

It is actually common to sometimes let the perimeter down, but keep people in position so that when the bad guy now pops up you nab him.....it works :cool:

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Now it appears that the guy was unarmed when captured in the boat. Police fired shots at him on suspicion he had a gun, bomb, or something as he stuck his hand from under the tarp.

Glad they made positive ID before letting those rounds off...................
    f23ptl.gif

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...ar-tsarnaev-silent-after-read-miranda-rights/

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If those MF's came in my house like that (posts 63 & 64), the reception would not be friendly. Some things are worse than death. Surviving and living with the knowledge that it could happen again is way over the line.

If you feel the Boston behavior is OK, I feel sorry for you.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This whole thing reminds me of the Wacko in Waco. The Feds just HAD to storm that stronghold and it cost the life of every man, woman and child in the complex AND casualties with the LEO's. Why do they need to push this shit?

In Boston, they were searching for ONE man. It wasn't an armed force, it was ONE man. Perhaps they let the macho "He killed an LEO" revenge get out of control. I maintain that the damage done to citizen safety and rights was far in excess of what the Boston Bummers did to life and limb. There was NO excuse for those searches without warrants, for running people out of their homes at gun point or the harm caused by a crazy SOB (like me) who would buck them.

As a rescue diver, this reminds me of that training. You don't risk your search people or other personnel to recover a body lost in the water. Just wait for a while and the body will float to the surface. They should have waited until that shithead in Boston floated to the surface! None of that door to door armed assault crap was necessary!

Flash

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    This whole thing reminds me of the Wacko in Waco. The Feds just HAD to storm that stronghold and it cost the life of every man, woman and child in the complex AND casualties with the LEO's. Why do they need to push this shit?

In Boston, they were searching for ONE man. It wasn't an armed force, it was ONE man. Perhaps they let the macho "He killed an LEO" revenge get out of control. I maintain that the damage done to citizen safety and rights was far in excess of what the Boston Bummers did to life and limb. There was NO excuse for those searches without warrants, for running people out of their homes at gun point or the harm caused by a crazy SOB (like me) who would buck them.

As a rescue diver, this reminds me of that training. You don't risk your search people or other personnel to recover a body lost in the water. Just wait for a while and the body will float to the surface. They should have waited until that shithead in Boston floated to the surface! None of that door to door armed assault crap was necessary!

Flash

You know that saying. All dressed up and nowhere to go.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Possibly tried the suicide by cop. How many rounds did they shoot and not succeed? :p

But to be serious, I thought the report was the cops said they were fired upon which is why they fired back. If that's the case, how can a hand in the shape of a gun sound like a real gun?

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    The whole damned thing smells like a truckload of fermented shit to me. The older brother was all over the radar, f'n RUSSIANS are tellin' us that he's bad news. 'Rescued at gun point' makes me wanna puke. Beam me up Scotty, this ain't America.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Possibly tried the suicide by cop. How many rounds did they shoot and not succeed? :p

But to be serious, I thought the report was the cops said they were fired upon which is why they fired back. If that's the case, how can a hand in the shape of a gun sound like a real gun?

It was around 200 last time I checked. 200 rounds fired almost exclusively into nowhere!

And I think I heard one of the cops say he heard that kid say "BANG BANG BANG!" really loud with his finger which prompted the (attempted) lethal force response. :p

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Absolutely.

Funny about salesman going to farms, my grandma would meet them (or any stranger) with a shotgun. There was one or two that earned her trust to drive up the road. But most of them were run off. lol Those guys were usually better off dealing with the barking mad dogs than facing grandma. I admit that 'big bubble' has made it all the way down to me. I can't stand it when non-on-my-street people drive down our road. In fact I don't think they should drive any further past their house lol I'm the end in the culdesac. It is my culdesac.

I don't see how there would be much of a problem with that. I'm on your land coming to you and you have no idea what my intentions are. Long as you're not pointing it at me, keeping a shotgun in your hands is just common sense. It's not rude until you swing the barrel up on me.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    It was around 200 last time I checked. 200 rounds fired almost exclusively into nowhere!

And I think I heard one of the cops say he heard that kid say "BANG BANG BANG!" really loud with his finger which prompted the (attempted) lethal force response. :p

That is a lot of rounds. Wonder where they all went and how much damage they did to surrounding structures & property. The area is dense and there is not a lot of space between lots.

The guy can throw his voice really good!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    That is a lot of rounds. Wonder where they all went and how much damage they did to surrounding structures & property. The area is dense and there is not a lot of space between lots.

You'll never hear anything about that even if there was damage. The way they seem to excuse LE for everything and anything in that area, they will just chalk that up to them "doing their job."

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    The terrorists sure did succeed, didn't they :p

Pat Buchanan wrote a decent article on how they 'succeeded'. Think about it. Two kids with a bomb made from fireworks and household items managed to essentially close down a major city. What could they do with a few teams of trained terrorists. And now they'll have the advantage of seeing how we respond.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Along time ago when the patriot act was passed. Been going downhill ever since.

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    I don't see how there would be much of a problem with that. I'm on your land coming to you and you have no idea what my intentions are. Long as you're not pointing it at me, keeping a shotgun in your hands is just common sense. It's not rude until you swing the barrel up on me.
    Those unfamiliar with this mindset would see having a gun in your possession as rude...

Along time ago when the patriot act was passed. Been going downhill ever since.
    Fukin right.. You know I said before that I didnt think they'd won (terrorists) but in hindsight they won a long time ago.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The biggest damage from the Boston bombings was in trashing of Civil and Constitutional Rights in trying to apprehend the lone 19 year old wounded fugitive. I am very sorry for the injuries and loss of life but those pale by comparison to the blows our citizen rights suffered.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    xbasbajajjs
    Top Bottom