• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Just spoke with @Axxe55. He said he's ready to leave Legacy @ Town Creek in Palestine and get home, but he was told that he will be there for at least another 20 days. His therapy is around 4 hours a day, every day. He sounds a little depressed not
    being to go where and when he wants to. I'm going to visit him this Tuesday and,hopefully, cheer him up some.

He is having phone issues, so anyone trying to call him gets a "not in service or unavailable" message, give it a few minuets and call back. That's what I did a short while ago and on the second try he answered.

we talked about the walker he needs and the one he uses at rehab has a wooden tray with a cup holder in it that
    is screwed into the left side bar. Don't know if the rehab hospital bought it like this or had it custom made for them.

Hey pops, just saw this. I didn’t know you were planning on coming down to see Jonas. Holler at me when you hit town & I’ll see you both there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    You're a good friend, pops.
    When we talked, before he went to rehab, he said doing so would make things easier for his wife... to not have to try and take care of him at home. Maybe you could help him remember that. :)

This vvvvv is how most of us feel;

185811685_135911408577942_2945204687739296204_n.jpg

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Hey Pops, let me know before you go cause I have a tray for a walker you can take Jonas. Fits on a standard walker and has a drink holder.
    Will do and thanks.

I was going on Tuesday but remembered last night that Tuesday the 11th is my wife birthday so I won't be going to visit @Axxe55 until Wednesday the 12th.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Talked with @Axxe55 today and found out the reason he fell and broke his left femur.

He was home alone, wanted something to drink, so he went to his fridge, WITH OUT HIS CANE,
    got something to drink, turned to his left, got off balance and fell. If he had his cane or his walker
    with him he would have been able to stay upright.

ETA-- if y'all remember, his stroke did most of the damage to his left side.

Last edited:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Visited with @Axxe55 today. He's doing pretty good and the therapy is working great.

I gave him the tray attachment for his walker that Tom aka @Army 1911 donated.
    Jonas said thank you very much and he will use it.

Now on a sad note...........

I was coming home and was about 3 miles from my exit off of LBJ/635 in the far left hand lane when a ford pickup beside me started moving into my lane. I honked my horn and applied my breaks, I couldn't do much stopping because of of the heavy traffic, so I got over as far as I could without hitting the concrete barrier. He left a scrape on ths passenger side from the rear bumper all the way to the front bumper, then took off. After another mile or so, I was able to get in the far right hand lane about 1 mile from my exit. Next thing I knew, that ford truck in the lane beside me and started coming in my lane again. I honked my horn and he kept moving into my lane so I slammed my breaks and he took out my drivers exterior mirror and my front left fender, then hauled ass. When I slammed my breaks, the car behind me rear ended me and took out my rear bumper. and destroyed the front end of the Ford Fusion. Luckily no one was hurt. A semi behind us got the ford truck running me off the road and the police will get a copy and go after the truck the tried to run me off the road.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Visited with @Axxe55 today. He's doing pretty good and the therapy is working great.

I was coming home and was about 3 miles from my exit off of LBJ/635 in the far left hand lane when a ford pickup beside me started moving into my lane. I honked my horn and applied my breaks, I couldn't do much stopping because of of the heavy traffic, so I got over as far as I could without hitting the concrete barrier. He left a scrape on ths passenger side from the rear bumper all the way to the front bumper, then took off. After another mile or so, I was able to get in the far right hand lane about 1 mile from my exit. Next thing I knew, that ford truck in the lane beside me and started coming in my lane again. I honked my horn and he kept moving into my lane so I slammed my breaks and he took out my drivers exterior mirror and my front left fender, then hauled ass. When I slammed my breaks, the car behind me rear ended me and took out my rear bumper. and destroyed the front end of the Ford Fusion. Luckily no one was hurt. A semi behind us got the ford truck running me off the road and the police will get a copy and go after the truck the tried to run me off the road.
    Thanks for the Axxe update, that's good news! Glad no one was hurt and that you eventually nail that bastard's ass to the wall!

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.

Damn DFW traffic. Good to hear your OK, but damn. I stopped riding the Harley in town about 8 years ago after getting shoved off the road by an A hole near 75 and 635. About that time I started driving the old 1973 F250 to work. One A hole pulled that shit, he ended up on his side. The Rove dash cam got the whole thing. The car was not in his name, registration not current, no insurance, and no driver license. 635 is a rolling nightmare.

Last edited:

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US

Bad news for you brother. Worse is its probably a "NEW COMER" and has no insurance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Thanks for the Axxe update, that's good news! Glad no one was hurt and that you eventually nail that bastard's ass to the wall!
    Yes sir. Grateful for the semi driver and his dash cam.
    ETA the semi driver said his dash cam shows the Ford driver was actually trying to run me off the road and his cam shows that.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

Man that is some kind of bad luck Asshole driver. Glad to hear about Axxe.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Yes sir. Grateful for the semi driver and his dash cam.
    ETA the semi driver said his dash cam shows the Ford driver was actually trying to run me off the road and his cam shows that.
    Glad you're alright, I hope they find the sob and crucify him .had just left doctors office and so didn't initially convey the fact that you are whole and not possibly among those who are no longer with us.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Sounds like the jackass specifically targeted you. I hope they find him - it's not likely to be high priority for Dallas PD unfortunately. They're too understaffed.

Top Bottom