Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Found the thread.

An update on @Axxe55.

Jonas has been moved to the rehab hospital and started therapy on his,4 bolted together ,leg. He thinks he will only be there a couple of weeks, but think it might be a tad longer.

He told me its name but I was doing stuff outside and don't remember what its called, but It is in Palestine
    His dad is still looking for a walker with a shelf on the left side, so if anyone knows where one is,
    please let us/him know.

Jonas is in great spirits and is very thankful for all of the prayers and get wells y'all are sending his way.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Found the thread.

An update on @Axxe55.

Jonas has been moved to the rehab hospital and started therapy on his,4 bolted together ,leg. He thinks he will only be there a couple of weeks, but think it might be a tad longer.

He told me its name but I was doing stuff outside and don't remember what its called, but It is in Palestine
    His dad is still looking for a walker with a shelf on the left side, so if anyone knows where one is,
    please let us/him know.

Jonas is in great spirits and is very thankful for all of the prayers and get wells y'all are sending his way.
    I had a walker years ago but without a shelf on side. It was in my garage in Memphis a few months ago. I can get it this weekend as I'll be on State Guard drill ay camp McCain, MS, if one with a shelf can't be located before then.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I've been thinking about a walker with the shelf on the left side. I don't ever remembering seeing one like that but have seen them with the shelf going across the entire front.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I've been thinking about a walker with the shelf on the left side. I don't ever remembering seeing one like that but have seen them with the shelf going across the entire front.
    When Jonas first had his stroke, I gave wooddiz a brand new walker, still had wrapping on it. he was SUPPOSED to take to Jonas. No shelf but one could be made. Knowing him he probably kept it.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    When Jonas first had his stroke, I gave wooddiz a brand new walker, still had wrapping on it. he was SUPPOSED to take to Jonas. No shelf but one could be made. Knowing him he probably kept it.
    Since you mentioned this, I think, but don't hold me to it, that I've been at Jonas house and he was trying out that walker. I want to say that he has it and if he does,it doesn't have a shelf at all.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    As I recall, the "shelf" is a sitting platform. Though there are often baskets below for carrying drinks and such.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Just spoke with @Axxe55. He said he's ready to leave Legacy @ Town Creek in Palestine and get home, but he was told that he will be there for at least another 20 days. His therapy is around 4 hours a day, every day. He sounds a little depressed not
    being to go where and when he wants to. I'm going to visit him this Tuesday and,hopefully, cheer him up some.

He is having phone issues, so anyone trying to call him gets a "not in service or unavailable" message, give it a few minuets and call back. That's what I did a short while ago and on the second try he answered.

we talked about the walker he needs and the one he uses at rehab has a wooden tray with a cup holder in it that
    is screwed into the left side bar. Don't know if the rehab hospital bought it like this or had it custom made for them.

Doons

Bye Corn Pop
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    Fort Worth
    Just do a search on walker Accesories. There is all kinds of setups to attach to the walker.

I found this on Amazon…. Clips on a walker/wheelchair
    1717793286196.jpeg

here is a whole boat load of them …..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/hpc/8626659011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_hpc

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, I think Axxe's phone hates the rehab more than he does. We had two short conversations, but they got so crackly we couldn't understand each other and then the calls dropped.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Just spoke with @Axxe55. He said he's ready to leave Legacy @ Town Creek in Palestine and get home, but he was told that he will be there for at least another 20 days. His therapy is around 4 hours a day, every day. He sounds a little depressed not
    being to go where and when he wants to. I'm going to visit him this Tuesday and,hopefully, cheer him up some.

He is having phone issues, so anyone trying to call him gets a "not in service or unavailable" message, give it a few minuets and call back. That's what I did a short while ago and on the second try he answered.

we talked about the walker he needs and the one he uses at rehab has a wooden tray with a cup holder in it that
    is screwed into the left side bar. Don't know if the rehab hospital bought it like this or had it custom made for them.
    You're a good friend, pops.
    When we talked, before he went to rehab, he said doing so would make things easier for his wife... to not have to try and take care of him at home. Maybe you could help him remember that. :)

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Lots of 4 wheel walkers have a 'bin' under the seat. Had to borrow one from friend last yr. No tennis balls needed. Worked very well for me as I needed to sit after a long walk.

Top Bottom