• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    The average swing voter is stupid and likely knows very little about the policies of the candidate they vote for or against.

So sad for America. No understanding as low-information voters. I see them all the time on YouTube channels street interviews.

1_UNiEKgbiAAQf-DUezAwZEA.jpg

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    The average swing voter is stupid and likely knows very little about the policies of the candidate they vote for or against.
    that may be true, but they know a whole lot about the increased cost of groceries, gas, home insurance, and higher interest rates over the past 3.5 years.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

The very sad truth is that many citizens are just plain stupid.

I wish they weren’t.

But I have done brief “mental status’’ exams on thousands of people from all walks of life for 55 years.

Very simple questions such as: Name the states which border on your home state or current state? Point to the North? Which bodies of water or oceans border our nation ? In which direction does a compass needle point ?
    Who was the immediate past president of the USA ? Name a few large cities not in your state? From what ingredients is bread made? baffle many people.

Even more simple items such as: In which city is the New York Times newspaper published? Whose name is on your birth certificate? In which century are we now? Which animal does dairy milk come from ? can’t be answered.

So, I can’t have much confidence in the average voter.

leVieux

<>

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    <>

The very sad truth is that many citizens are just plain stupid.

I wish they weren’t.

But I have done brief “mental status’’ exams on thousands of people from all walks of life for 55 years.

Very simple questions such as: Name the states which border on your home state or current state? Point to the North? Which bodies of water or oceans border our nation ? In which direction does a compass needle point ?
    Who was the immediate past president of the USA ? Name a few large cities not in your state? From what ingredients is bread made? baffle many people.

Even more simple items such as: In which city is the New York Times newspaper published? Whose name is on your birth certificate? In which century are we now? Which animal does dairy milk come from ? can’t be answered.

So, I can’t have much confidence in the average voter.

leVieux

<>
    I agree........most people are just fu^king stupid.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    In Trump's first go-round when he picked Pence, I think it was because of being new to the political game and listening to the establishment about who he should go with. Not that I dislike Pence personally necessarily, but he was and is a milquetoast establishment candidate from the GOP of the past.

This time, Trump picked the dude he wanted and whose views and policy positions fit his to a T. He's smart as hell, very well versed in policy, young, holds the same America-first positions across the board and could be the face of the future for the GOP.

I like the pick. Definitely like it better than going with some establishment rerun.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at AmmoLand blog on other details about J.D. Vance pro-2A advocacy. He appears to be a solid dude on the gun issues and a good person to have in high government position to foil the anti-gun voices. Now it will be our jobs and millions of others to get Trump/Vance elected along with wide-spread success at the state level. There is video in the blog post from Vance's X account discussing gun policy.

Freshman U.S. Senator J.D. Vance of Ohio, nominated to run as Donald Trump’s vice president this fall, has solid credentials as a Second Amendment stalwart, giving American gun owners all the reason necessary to vote in November and be done with the vehemently anti-gun Biden-Harris administration.

Randy Kozuch, chairman of the National Rifle Association’s Political Victory Fund, released a statement extolling Vance’s 2A virtues: “President Trump has made an outstanding choice in selecting Senator Vance as his vice presidential pick and running mate in the upcoming election.

Likewise, Lawrence Keane, senior vice president and general counsel at the National Shooting Sports Foundation, wrote in a blog, “In naming Sen. Vance his running mate for the 2024 election, former President Trump has tapped a strong Second Amendment stalwart and someone who proudly stands with the firearm industry and law-abiding Americans from coast-to-coast who believe in exercising their Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms.”

Attachments

• GunVote-SIG-P365-9mm-600x405.jpg
      GunVote-SIG-P365-9mm-600x405.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 30

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    As Mark Davis, conservative talk show host, at 660AM The Answer often says pigment and plumbing don't matter. It is all about the politician's policy.

He has become a doofus. IMO, most voters do not know policies. They vote party or often some phony or incorrect policy position. Blacks vote 92% Democrat, that is not looking at policies.

As for Vance, a self-avowed Never Trumper can never be trusted and will eventually turn.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He has become a doofus. IMO, most voters do not know policies. They vote party or often some phony or incorrect policy position. Blacks vote 92% Democrat, that is not looking at policies.

As for Vance, a self-avowed Never Trumper can never be trusted and will eventually turn.

To be fair, Trump is pretty well known to turn on people as well.

I wouldn’t want to risk a career by running with him and drawing the ire of Trumps base if/when he turns on me.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I wouldn’t want to risk a career by running with him and drawing the ire of Trumps base if/when he turns on me.

Yep. Pence was the most loyal VP ever for 1448 days, then most hated VP ever.

But when you pick a never-trumper, who called you Americas Hitler, dont complain when he turns on you.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Don't believe everything you hear, especially from Corporate media. There were states that were in contention on their votes for president. Trump asked Pence, per the constitution, not to count those votes. It's the democrats, media and never Trumpers that spun the narrative that Trump was trying to subvert the vote

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at AmmoLand blog on other details about J.D. Vance pro-2A advocacy. He appears to be a solid dude on the gun issues and a good person to have in high government position to foil the anti-gun voices. Now it will be our jobs and millions of others to get Trump/Vance elected along with wide-spread success at the state level. There is video in the blog post from Vance's X account discussing gun policy.

Freshman U.S. Senator J.D. Vance of Ohio, nominated to run as Donald Trump’s vice president this fall, has solid credentials as a Second Amendment stalwart, giving American gun owners all the reason necessary to vote in November and be done with the vehemently anti-gun Biden-Harris administration.

Randy Kozuch, chairman of the National Rifle Association’s Political Victory Fund, released a statement extolling Vance’s 2A virtues: “President Trump has made an outstanding choice in selecting Senator Vance as his vice presidential pick and running mate in the upcoming election.

Likewise, Lawrence Keane, senior vice president and general counsel at the National Shooting Sports Foundation, wrote in a blog, “In naming Sen. Vance his running mate for the 2024 election, former President Trump has tapped a strong Second Amendment stalwart and someone who proudly stands with the firearm industry and law-abiding Americans from coast-to-coast who believe in exercising their Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms.”

Read more at Bearing Arms blog about Vance's VP acceptance speech and his Meemaw's loaded shotguns at home.

“And our movement, ladies and gentlemen, is about grandparents all across this country who are living on Social Security and raising grandchildren they didn’t expect to raise,” he said.”And while we are on the topic of grandparents, let me tell you another Mamaw story. My Mamaw died shortly before I left for Iraq in 2005. And when we went through her things, we found 19 loaded handguns.”

Members of the audience guffawed and cheered. Vance explained further.

“Now, the thing is, they were stashed all over her house,” the senator continued. “Under her bed, in her closet, in the silverware drawer. And we wondered what was going on. And it occurred to us that towards the end of her life, Mamaw couldn’t get around so well. And so, this frail old woman made sure that no matter where she was, she was within arm’s length of whatever she needed to protect her family. That’s who we fight for. That’s American spirit!”

Attachments

• e6f7fe37-479e-4518-81bb-58ab3ad17fb0-1052x615.jpg
      e6f7fe37-479e-4518-81bb-58ab3ad17fb0-1052x615.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 30

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

JD Vance made one humongous mistake in his speech last night when he referred to the democrat party as “the party of MLK’’.

MLK Sr. & MLK Jr. were republicans.

“(Dr.) Alveda C. King”, the civil rights leader’s niece:.

"My uncle, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., during his lifetime was a Republican," Alveda King said in a video posted on the National Black Republican Association website.

<>

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    <>

JD Vance made one humongous mistake in his speech last night when he referred to the democrat party as “the party of MLK’’.

MLK Sr. & MLK Jr. were republicans.

“(Dr.) Alveda C. King”, the civil rights leader’s niece:.

"My uncle, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., during his lifetime was a Republican," Alveda King said in a video posted on the National Black Republican Association website.

<>

In his book he said he voted Dem including JFK. Publicly against Goldwater in 64, and pro RFK.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    In his book he said he voted Dem including JFK. Publicly against Goldwater in 64, and pro RFK.

<>

Correct, but he was always a ‘’registered republican’’.

However, current leftist ‘’search engines’’ have buried the FACTS under a cover of many speculative BS articles.

Sadly, I’m old enough to remember !

leVieux

<>

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    <>

Correct, but he was always a ‘’registered republican’’.

However, current leftist ‘’search engines’’ have buried the FACTS under a cover of many speculative BS articles.

Sadly, I’m old enough to remember !

leVieux

<>

He never endorsed a party or candidate. Criticized both frequently.

Top Bottom