• Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    He never endorsed a party or candidate. Criticized both frequently.

Yep. For example:

"This dearth of positive leadership from the federal government is not confined to one particular political party. Both political parties have betrayed the cause of justice. The Democrats have betrayed it by capitulating to the prejudices and undemocratic practices of the southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed it by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of right wing, reactionary Northerners. These men so often have a high blood pressure of words and an anemia of deeds."
    — May 17, 1957

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Yep. For example:

"This dearth of positive leadership from the federal government is not confined to one particular political party. Both political parties have betrayed the cause of justice. The Democrats have betrayed it by capitulating to the prejudices and undemocratic practices of the southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed it by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of right wing, reactionary Northerners. These men so often have a high blood pressure of words and an anemia of deeds."
    — May 17, 1957

<>

A while back I found videos of MLK Jr’s old speeches. I have to admit that MLK Jr. sounds very reasonable from the vantage of today, in retrospect.

I learned that he realized he would face lots of resistance, so he went back to study Gandhi & others who had faced similar struggles, before beginning his very public campaign for equal treatment in all areas.

Sadly, he was murdered without a qualified successor; so the campaign took a downward turn when Jackson, Sharpton, etc. tried to take King’s place without his abilities or persona. We all saw the results.

<>

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    1000031611.jpg

I don't know why this deep state piece of shit is there speaking
    I hope he has no place in a future Trump administration

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I’ve been reading about JD Vance... watching old interviews, new interviews, trying to learn about his half of the Republican ticket.

I’ve been talking to my brother-in-law, also from Ohio, who lives near where JD was born… and is familiar with JD as a rising political star in Ohio.

I’m now a fan of the overall ticket… but am interested in what other TGT folks have to say.
    They can save on campaign signs by making VA stickers to put over PE

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Ok..I looked this up..apparently it it happened...
    And if it was intended, we'll that's cool as hell.

At the end of Trumps speech at the RNC..he had a tenor sing Nessun Dorma . An opera piece

That is the same song that is played at the end of Sum of All Fears when all of the traitors are being hunted down and executed

Look it up for yourself..

That piece was sang the other night...coincidence or a message being sent ?
    1000031780.jpg

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Ok..I looked this up..apparently it it happened...
    And if it was intended, we'll that's cool as hell.

At the end of Trumps speech at the RNC..he had a tenor sing Nessun Dorma . An opera piece

That is the same song that is played at the end of Sum of All Fears when all of the traitors are being hunted down and executed

Look it up for yourself..

That piece was sang the other night...coincidence or a message being sent ?
    View attachment 462879
    Even if planned or coincidence... awesome!

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I think they should rethink point #2 and instead focus on fixing the problems that created the crisis in the first place. Our immigration system as a whole is completely broken. We are incentivizing illegal immigration by making legal immigration a lengthy, expensive, arduous process. Then on the back side of the problem, groups pump gasoline on the dumpster fire trying to "help" these 'poor immigrant families' by throwing money at them. Put yourself in their shoes, why the hell would you even bother trying to do it the right way? One guy I know, British, immigrated with a job working for the same company. Took him 13 years to gain citizenship, tens of thousands on lawyers, and numerous trips to a hotel in Britain when his visa would expire. That's nuts.

Until we can admit that collectively we're royally screwing up how we handle immigration, there is no meaningful discussion to be had on the border issues. Not to mention, it's one of those hot button topics that could sour some moderates away from wanting to actually step up to the plate and vote. If point #2 were changed to say "Fix the governmental problems that cause mass illegal immigration in the first place" it would make a much more meaningful impact.

We also need to wrap our heads around the reality of how the ship has sailed on mass deporting people. There are folks who have been here a long time, stayed out of trouble, support themselves, and put down some pretty deep roots. We'd be throwing out some people we honestly should be keeping here.

While I agree the process is arduous, it damn well should be.

I day seal the border by any means necessary and reopen a couple of Ellis Island style facilities. We only want to take the people that will benefit America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    As for Vance, a self-avowed Never Trumper can never be trusted and will eventually turn.

Let's assume he does "turn" -- what does that entail, and do we care?

By that I mean, if he does help Trump get elected, I'm not sure I care too much about the VP who gets him there. Assuming Trump doesn't get assassinated, Vance breaking the odd tie in the Senate seems like a small price to pay.

Do you mean because of the political boost to Vance's chances to be President after Trump, or something else?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Not real sure I would say a previous Never Trumper turned supporter was a bad thing. I didn't want him to begin with. Became a supporter. Now I damn sure want him back in the WH.
    Nobody in their right mind wants to see another 4 years of Biden or any other democrat as POTUS.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not real sure I would say a previous Never Trumper turned supporter was a bad thing. I didn't want him to begin with. Became a supporter. Now I damn sure want him back in the WH.
    Nobody in their right mind wants to see another 4 years of Biden or any other democrat as POTUS.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, in 2015 I compared him to Pat Paulsen. When it started to look like Trump was serious, I took him more serious. Not because I was a big pro Trumper, but because a future of a Hillary presidency scared the crap out of me. After 3 1/2 years of Biden, I yearn for the Trump days.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I know I just said almost exactly the same thing, but it applies here too.

The average swing voter will never look at a party platform and their only knowledge of it will come from whichever bits are used in attack ads. I don’t think it makes much difference in the end. It’s what people see and hear on TV that makes the difference, combined with their daily experiences (economy, safety, etc)
    Hence scaring the older voters by using the "he will take away your medicare" argument; pushing grandma off the cliff is an ugly visual and how many folks who hear that will actually research the veracity of these claims?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

The left is criticizing Sen JD. Vance for this statement:

“Vance has argued that this plan prioritizes a progressive agenda over more pressing national security concerns.

“The focus should be on the qualifications and abilities of these individuals to serve our nation, not on their commitment to a social agenda that many Americans do not support,”

Vance stated during a recent hearing.

Gee, what a radical idea, reviewing actual QUALIFICATIONS of job seekers !

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    While I agree the process is arduous, it damn well should be.

I day seal the border by any means necessary and reopen a couple of Ellis Island style facilities. We only want to take the people that will benefit America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

<>

“Seal’’ is always a wrong word.

‘’Control’’ is what we should seek. TIGHT control, but allowing international trade.

As was pointed-out earlier, it would be absurdly easy for an enemy to send a ship with a nuke into any of our ports. Many ports are in large urban areas.

“CONTROL’’ may involve inspecting incoming ships while they are still at sea.

<>

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The average black voter will vote a black person over a white person, the average Jew will vote a democrat over a republican, and the average college educated woman will vote abortion. Overall policy means nothing to the average voter.
    Are those the make up of all average voters? Certainly you can't reach all, especially those that have been brainwashed, but there has to be a reason poll numbers are rising in Trumps favor in some of those demographics.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Are those the make up of all average voters? Certainly you can't reach all, especially those that have been brainwashed, but there has to be a reason poll numbers are rising in Trumps favor in some of those demographics.
    Those demographics are tired of all the bullshit pandering and no results from the dems beginning with LBJ

Top Bottom