• ...and so much more!
  • Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I’ve been reading about JD Vance... watching old interviews, new interviews, trying to learn about his half of the Republican ticket.

I’ve been talking to my brother-in-law, also from Ohio, who lives near where JD was born… and is familiar with JD as a rising political star in Ohio.

I’m now a fan of the overall ticket… but am interested in what other TGT folks have to say.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    He may be a viable candidate for VP, but being he's yet another white male isn't going to help the Trump ticket!
    Valid point… some voters may see it that way

but I hope Americans are finally getting beyond diversity quotas and back to qualifications for a job… not DEI / skin color / sex as prerequisites

just like we don’t need a career politician for President, we don’t have to have a woman, black, latino, indian or asian as VP… we need an America First candidate… regardless of what they look like

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Here’s what I think helps their ticket too… fully understandable and concise

excerpt-

The Republican Party platform has been out for several days now. The platform lists the following 20 points and then provides a brief explanation of how some of them are to be accomplished:

1. Seal The Border, And Stop The Migrant Invasion

2. Carry Out The Largest Deportation Operation In American History

3. End Inflation, And Make America Affordable Again

4. Make America The Dominant Energy Producer In The World, By Far!

5. Stop Outsourcing, And Turn The United States Into A Manufacturing Superpower

6. Large Tax Cuts For Workers, And No Tax On Tips!

7. Defend Our Constitution, Our Bill Of Rights, And Our Fundamental Freedoms, Including Freedom Of Speech, Freedom Of Religion, And The Right To Keep And Bear Arms

8. Prevent World War Three, Restore Peace In Europe And In The Middle East, And Build A Great Iron Dome Missile Defense Shield Over Our Entire Country — All Made In America

9. End The Weaponization Of Government Against The American People

10. Stop The Migrant Crime Epidemic, Demolish The Foreign Drug Cartels, Crush Gang Violence, And Lock Up Violent Offenders

11. Rebuild Our Cities, Including Washington DC, Making Them Safe, Clean, And Beautiful Again.

12. Strengthen And Modernize Our Military, Making It, Without Question, The Strongest And Most Powerful In The World

13. Keep The U.S. Dollar As The World’s Reserve Currency

14. Fight For And Protect Social Security And Medicare With No Cuts, Including No Changes To The Retirement Age

15. Cancel The Electric Vehicle Mandate And Cut Costly And Burdensome Regulations

16. Cut Federal Funding For Any School Pushing Critical Race Theory, Radical Gender Ideology, And Other Inappropriate Racial, Sexual, Or Political Content On Our Children

17. Keep Men Out Of Women’s Sports

18. Deport Pro-Hamas Radicals And Make Our College Campuses Safe And Patriotic Again

19. Secure Our Elections, Including Same Day Voting, Voter Identification, Paper Ballots, And Proof Of Citizenship

20. Unite Our Country By Bringing It To New and Record Levels of Success.”

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015

excerpt-

The Republican Party platform has been out for several days now. The platform lists the following 20 points and then provides a brief explanation of how some of them are to be accomplished:

7. Defend Our Constitution, Our Bill Of Rights, And Our Fundamental Freedoms, Including Freedom Of Speech, Freedom Of Religion, And The Right To Keep And Bear Arms

8. Prevent World War Three, Restore Peace In Europe And In The Middle East, And Build A Great Iron Dome Missile Defense Shield Over Our Entire Country — All Made In America

10. Stop The Migrant Crime Epidemic, Demolish The Foreign Drug Cartels, Crush Gang Violence, And Lock Up Violent Offenders

11. Rebuild Our Cities, Including Washington DC, Making Them Safe, Clean, And Beautiful Again.

12. Strengthen And Modernize Our Military, Making It, Without Question, The Strongest And Most Powerful In The World

14. Fight For And Protect Social Security And Medicare With No Cuts, Including No Changes To The Retirement Age

15. Cancel The Electric Vehicle Mandate And Cut Costly And Burdensome Regulations

16. Cut Federal Funding For Any School Pushing Critical Race Theory, Radical Gender Ideology, And Other Inappropriate Racial, Sexual, Or Political Content On Our Children

18. Deport Pro-Hamas Radicals And Make Our College Campuses Safe And Patriotic Again

19. Secure Our Elections, Including Same Day Voting, Voter Identification, Paper Ballots, And Proof Of Citizenship

That sure beats the hell out of the Dumbocratic partys 3 point platform.

1: Stop Trump
    2: Burn the Constitution
    3: Stop Trump

Back on stubject now.
    I think Vance was a great choice.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    He may be a viable candidate for VP, but being he's yet another white male isn't going to help the Trump ticket!

Valid point… some voters may see it that way

but I hope Americans are finally getting beyond diversity quotas and back to qualifications for a job… not DEI / skin color / sex as prerequisites

just like we don’t need a career politician for President, we don’t have to have a woman, black, latino, indian or asian as VP… we need an America First candidate… regardless of what they look like
    I have been thinking about this too. While I agree no one should get a job or anything else that matter simply because of the color of their skin or what's between their legs.I do think it is a good idea to reach the broadest audience as possible. Many black voters are on the fence and look to be coming over to supporting Trump. Racial division in this country is I would say at an all time high (at least sense I have been alive). I would think the best way to unite people is to have someone who understands and represents the most people possible. Unfortunately, and with help of the democrats no doubt, some people are going to perceive the ticket as racist, and ... insert the "ist" of the day. And it may turn some black voters who were on the fence back to their masters in the democratic party instead of embracing freedom. Hopefully they will still see that they are nothing more than chattel to the democrats.

I think if I were making the pick I would have gone with Byron Donalds. He's young, he's a rising star in the Republican Party, He won a very blue part of Florida, and it also debunks the stereotype that republicans are just all old white men. Unfortunately Trump is done after this next term so he will have to pass the torch onto someone else.

Idk what all goes into picking a vp and I am sure there is strategy involved. Maybe losing him in that part of Florida is not worth it at this point in time.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I think they should rethink point #2 and instead focus on fixing the problems that created the crisis in the first place. Our immigration system as a whole is completely broken. We are incentivizing illegal immigration by making legal immigration a lengthy, expensive, arduous process. Then on the back side of the problem, groups pump gasoline on the dumpster fire trying to "help" these 'poor immigrant families' by throwing money at them. Put yourself in their shoes, why the hell would you even bother trying to do it the right way? One guy I know, British, immigrated with a job working for the same company. Took him 13 years to gain citizenship, tens of thousands on lawyers, and numerous trips to a hotel in Britain when his visa would expire. That's nuts.

Until we can admit that collectively we're royally screwing up how we handle immigration, there is no meaningful discussion to be had on the border issues. Not to mention, it's one of those hot button topics that could sour some moderates away from wanting to actually step up to the plate and vote. If point #2 were changed to say "Fix the governmental problems that cause mass illegal immigration in the first place" it would make a much more meaningful impact.

We also need to wrap our heads around the reality of how the ship has sailed on mass deporting people. There are folks who have been here a long time, stayed out of trouble, support themselves, and put down some pretty deep roots. We'd be throwing out some people we honestly should be keeping here.

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ
    IMG_0692.jpeg

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Not true.
    Nobody who is willing to vote for “Biden” after suffering through high inflation, our involvement in multiple foreign wars, his handlers putting a person who doesn’t know what a woman is on the Supreme Court, watching him get on camera and not even be able to form a complete sentence after a week of preparation, or read off a teleprompter, only for us to be told he has a cold and is jet lagged from his flight 2 weeks ago, let their vote come down to the race of his VP. The people who are worried about this are the same people who called Tim Scott racist. The people saying they would vote for Trump if he had a black VP also have another excuse lined up for why they wouldn’t vote for him even if he did have a black vp. they are the same people who say their morals will not allow them to vote for Trump because he is “racist”, so instead, they vote for Biden. The fact that Biden said he didn’t want his kids to go to school in a racial jungle, that poor kids are as smart as white kids, or that if you don’t vote for him, you ain’t black is irrelevant.

Adopting DEI views is a great way to get people to stay home. Trump was wise to not allow narratives being pushed to sabotage his campaign to influence his decision.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

As Mark Davis, conservative talk show host, at 660AM The Answer often says pigment and plumbing don't matter. It is all about the politician's policy.

From the Truth about Guns blog here is an article on Senator Vance's 2A policy position.

“Joe Biden and anti-democracy multinational companies are trying to find new ways to take guns away from law-abiding citizens,” Vance said when running for the Senate in 2021. “They’re making it harder to buy firearms and ammunition, and imposing new, unconstitutional regulations on American citizens. I will fight the gun grabbers, whether they’re federal bureaucrats enacting regulations or multinational companies punishing people for exercising their rights.”

Concerning other 2A matters, Vance supports right-to-carry reciprocity legislation, opposes gun-confiscation schemes that would strip Americans of their rights without due process (red-flag legislation), opposed bans on AR-style rifles and common standard-capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, opposes universal background checks and supports legislation that would protect veterans’ Second Amendment rights. In fact, his dedication to freedom landed him the full support of the National Rifles Association during his Senate run.

These policy positions could be a strong voice in the White House and with Trump not to allow any gun control legislation to get going.

From Politico blog from Feb 2024.

Donald Trump told National Rifle Association members on Friday that “no one will lay a finger on your firearms” if he wins the presidency, vowing to roll back Biden-era gun restrictions.

“Every single Biden attack on gun owners and manufacturers will be terminated on my very first week back in office, perhaps my first day,” Trump said at the NRA’s Presidential Forum in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Attachments

• 07df38fc-1955-4768-b6da-1559eb3bfe3c-1052x615.jpg
      07df38fc-1955-4768-b6da-1559eb3bfe3c-1052x615.jpg
      90.2 KB · Views: 37
    • download.jpg
      download.jpg
      76.7 KB · Views: 32

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    On other matters of importance; J.D.'s beard.

In an attempt to lighten the political mood, the following article contains humor, puns, intraservice rivalries, and satirical points. Nothing should be taken seriously. Except for the beards.

In addition to his status as a Marine Veteran, Senator JD Vance is one of the very few men in national politics with a full beard; yes, Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) technically counts with his mutton-chops-looking beard, but it is a beard nonetheless. But it is Vance who has broken down the follicle front door of politics. While Vance's facial forest is no Paul Bunyan, he will potentially be the first vice president in the history of the United States with a full beard. No, VP Schuyler Colfax (serving under President Ulysses S. Grant) technically did not have a full beard, as his upper lip lay barren and isolated, unprotected, and exposed to the elements.

Nothing says more than a strong man with a strong beard to accompany him, I'm not saying that a clean-shaven man is not strong -- or am I? Some men on this planet are blessed with the ability to grow a beard, or at least a well-populated goatee or mustache, while some are destined to live their lives as follicly-challenged individuals, with faces representing a baby's bottom, lacking the armor that beards provide. It has been scientifically proven that beards can provide more protection in a fistfight than a cleanly-shaven mug. The Nobel Prize-winning study conducted by University of Utah biology professor David Carrier in 2020 found that beards act almost as natural armor.

Attachments

• 3c9ba521-b34d-4857-ad38-a1b222e9954d-1052x615.jpg
      3c9ba521-b34d-4857-ad38-a1b222e9954d-1052x615.jpg
      52.4 KB · Views: 38

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As Mark Davis, conservative talk show host, at 660AM The Answer often says pigment and plumbing don't matter. It is all about the politician's policy.

From the Truth about Guns blog here is an article on Senator Vance's 2A policy position.

“Joe Biden and anti-democracy multinational companies are trying to find new ways to take guns away from law-abiding citizens,” Vance said when running for the Senate in 2021. “They’re making it harder to buy firearms and ammunition, and imposing new, unconstitutional regulations on American citizens. I will fight the gun grabbers, whether they’re federal bureaucrats enacting regulations or multinational companies punishing people for exercising their rights.”

Concerning other 2A matters, Vance supports right-to-carry reciprocity legislation, opposes gun-confiscation schemes that would strip Americans of their rights without due process (red-flag legislation), opposed bans on AR-style rifles and common standard-capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, opposes universal background checks and supports legislation that would protect veterans’ Second Amendment rights. In fact, his dedication to freedom landed him the full support of the National Rifles Association during his Senate run.

These policy positions could be a strong voice in the White House and with Trump not to allow any gun control legislation to get going.

From Politico blog from Feb 2024.

Donald Trump told National Rifle Association members on Friday that “no one will lay a finger on your firearms” if he wins the presidency, vowing to roll back Biden-era gun restrictions.

“Every single Biden attack on gun owners and manufacturers will be terminated on my very first week back in office, perhaps my first day,” Trump said at the NRA’s Presidential Forum in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

The average swing voter is stupid and likely knows very little about the policies of the candidate they vote for or against.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

excerpt-

I know I just said almost exactly the same thing, but it applies here too.

The average swing voter will never look at a party platform and their only knowledge of it will come from whichever bits are used in attack ads. I don’t think it makes much difference in the end. It’s what people see and hear on TV that makes the difference, combined with their daily experiences (economy, safety, etc)

Top Bottom