• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I'm gonna sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the media glam blitz for Harris appears to be working, and if a few thousand extra votes from migrants here and there swing the thing her way, it will be very, very hard to argue that it was stolen, because "all the polls" are in agreement...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Y’all expected debate; that hasn’t occurred in decades. These things are long form campaign commercials. The candidate that understands that typically gets better treatment.

The Rs/Ts continue to have zero strategy to win any race. Like an alcoholic, they’ve got to admit they have a problem before they can recover from it.

Those of y’all that remember Clayton William’s famous line know what to do for the next eight years.

Last edited:

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Trump threw a little of that in early on, but he (IMO) wasn't prepped enough for this debate. First, he simply threw out 21% as the figure for inflation without explaining that's cumulative since Jan 2020. So Camala was able to scoff at it. And in fact, the total cumulative inflation rate is 23%.

Trump is too scattered, which has led him to be reactive, not proactive. I believe he didn't think he needed to do any serious preparation for this debate...and it will likely be the only debate the two have. I think he made a mistake. He's been swimming against the current--from Camala and the "moderators"--all night.

Closing statements are up now. Trump gets the last word. Let's hope he has something well rehearsed and doesn't try to just wing it.

Hate to say it, but for those small numbers of truly undecided voters, I don't think the Donald did himself any great favors tonight.
    Trump's ego is destroying him.

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    I thought he did OK especially since it 3 vs 1 and the "Moderator were Hostile".

ABC has no shame apparently.

I think that she had the questions beforehand at a minimum. Just my opinion.

"A discussion moderator or debate moderator is a person whose role is to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion, holds participants to time limits and tries to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate. Sometimes moderators may ask questions intended to allow the debate participants to fully develop their argument in order to ensure the debate moves at pace."

Last edited:

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    And she did bring up all the Rino's who were supporting her and led with the little dickster & his spawn. Mentioned DJT's own people hate him and wrote TDS books. The camal seems to have gotten a pass on the fact that her own have bailed right and left. Not sure why DJT wasn't sharper tonight... seemed bidenish.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Perhaps a victim of his own ego. None of us can get into his mind nor relate to his life experiences especially the last several months. I don't know about you but if I knew I hadn't turned my head to the right at precisely the microsecond a bullet arrived for my brain but hit top of my ear instead, I might be a little off my game...

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    1000001232.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Those of y’all that remember Clayton William’s famous line know what to do for the next eight years.
    In late 1978 I got stuck in a room with that guy for about 15 minutes when there was a transportation screw up and his campaign day got a bit out of whack. He was stuck in a room full of college kids and tried to turn it into an impromptu Q&A session. He failed, utterly. It took me about 3 minutes to figure out I didn't like him. After 10, I loathed him. What an ass. I think he managed to lose every vote in the room with his condescension; every answer was dripping with it.

Yet he could put together whole sentences and express entire thoughts without tripping over his tongue. I never thought that such basic skills would be missing from even candidates for POTUS.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Perhaps a victim of his own ego. None of us can get into his mind nor relate to his life experiences especially the last several months. I don't know about you but if I knew I hadn't turned my head to the right at precisely the microsecond a bullet arrived for my brain but hit top of my ear instead, I might be a little off my game...
    True.

That, and he's fought for the last couple years against a major force; and last night was clearly 3 on 1. With a smarmy little bitch attacking him with lies about his integrity? All things considered, I think he did well to not punch her in the mouth.

Top Bottom