• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Did you know that if you don't end all your posts on Texasguntalk without IANAL (I am not a lawyer) you will be charged for a felony for practicing law in Texas without a license. This is almost as bad as not having a bill of sale on your person for any gun that you are open carrying.

DISIWAL (did I say I was a lawyer?)

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Did you know that if you don't end all your posts on Texasguntalk without IANL (I am not a lawyer) you will be charged for a felony for practicing law in Texas without a license. This is almost as bad as not having a bill of sale on your person for any gun that you are open carrying.

<>

Why are you so angry?

<?>

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did you know that if you don't end all your posts on Texasguntalk without IANAL (I am not a lawyer) you will be charged for a felony for practicing law in Texas without a license. This is almost as bad as not having a bill of sale on your person for any gun that you are open carrying.

Never said that you weren't....

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    <>

Why are you so angry?

giphy.gif

Watch out he’s gonna blow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    If you open carry with a gun that you bought in a private sale, then you definitely want to have the 'bill of sale' that you got from the seller. So when a cop sees you open carrying and demands your ID and LTC, you will be able to prove the gun is registered to you.
    :popcorn:
    If I'm not mistaken, in Texas you are not required to register your weapon.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    Yeah, and that extra time it takes for you to draw your weapon from its concealed location will give the bad guy ample opportunity to shoot you!

If concealed carry was safer, then why don't cops do it?

Plus, taking legal advice from a cop is highly discouraged unless you know them very well and trust their opinion (which is all that it is).

Many cops are of the mindset that they are the only ones who should be armed. Having shot with several agencies, that belief scares me!

Als, I will also never let a police officer (or anyone else, such as businesses with 30.06 and 30.07 signs) be my soles source of protection. Despite what it says on the side of cop cars, they're primary job is to investigate crime.

In the 1981 case Warren v. District of Columbia, the D.C. Court of Appeals held that police have a general "public duty," but that "no specific legal duty exists" unless there is a special relationship between an officer and an individual, such as a person in custody.
    The U.S. Supreme Court has also ruled that police have no specific obligation to protect. In its 1989 decision in DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services, the justices ruled that a social services department had no duty to protect a young boy from his abusive father.

In 2005'sCastle Rock v. Gonzales, a woman sued the police for failing to protect her from her husband after he violated a restraining order and abducted and killed their three children. Justices said the police had no such duty.

Most recently, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit upheld a lower court ruling that police could not be held liable for failing to protect students in the 2018 shooting that claimed 17 lives at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

Does that mean most cops won't protect citizens? No. I believe the vast majority will risk their own lives in the defense of others; but there is no requirement to do so and that is one of the many reasons why I exercise my inalienable rights of self-defense!

In fact, when State Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fort Walton Beach was pushing for open carry in Florida, "It is important to note that in the states that allow open carry, violent crime was 23 percent lower, the murder rate was 5 percent lower, the aggravated assault rate was 23 percent lower and robbery rates were 36 percent lower."

But you do you. Just don't disparage others from open carry when what you claim isn't supported by facts! That's as ridiculous as the claims open carry would increase crime. It hasn't, as allowing concealed carry didn't despite claims that would as well!
    Those have nothing to do with me.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    YOU MUST HAVE A BILL OF SALE. I saw this on NCIS: New Orleans. If you don't have a bill of sale they will arrest you because you can't prove the gun is registered to you! You may beat the rap (at the 5th circuit) but you can't beat the ride. (and every other stupid gun cliche ever). I have this on direct knowledge from the guy at my local gun shop. :roflfunny:
    Yes! With this bunch, a little lightweight trolling requires the addition of the ROTFLMAO emoji.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom