• Status
    Not open for further replies.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    @toddnjoyce You may need to start prefacing your statements with the great line that facts don’t care about your feelings.

Nah. The thing is, most of us in this thread know a thing or two because we’ve seen a thing or two. We understand this has all happened before, and will happen again in some other form, for the entirety of our lives.

It’s not going to be as bad as some predict and it’ll be worse than others hope. Sometime in the future we’ll be sitting around the campfire talking about the latest ‘pandemic’ and one of the kids will say ‘Okay Millenial...it’s different now’. And we’ll just shrug, smile a bit, and pour another whiskey.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 378

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    "Whatcha gonna do, shut down the country? Let it run its course."

If it gets bad enough, that apparently works well. Did you read the link about the big bad spanish flu going through DFW? Apparently shutting down for a couple of weeks is all it takes.

But it's not that bad yet. I think it is wise that we find out who is infected and where they have been, so the folks who might have been exposed can take appropriate measures and know they might have been exposed.

I had an appointment scheduled with someone this morning. She called me a little bit after the set time to let me know that she was home with her son who just came down with a bad case of the flu. She still feels fine, but rather than coming to the meeting anyway, she asked if we could reschedule. I thanked her and said of course.

We need more people like her. That's what will stop the spread. If there's a highly contagious non-symptom period, then we need to know where and when the infected have been so we can all act accordingly.

Unfortunately folks aren't smart enough to do this on their own. That's why the whole country of Italy is currently shut down.

This thing may be no worse than the flu. But I don't want the flu either. If you have it, stay the heck home and away from me.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    If it gets bad enough, that apparently works well. Did you read the link about the big bad spanish flu going through DFW? Apparently shutting down for a couple of weeks is all it takes.

But it's not that bad yet. I think it is wise that we find out who is infected and where they have been, so the folks who might have been exposed can take appropriate measures and know they might have been exposed.

I had an appointment scheduled with someone this morning. She called me a little bit after the set time to let me know that she was home with her son who just came down with a bad case of the flu. She still feels fine, but rather than coming to the meeting anyway, she asked if we could reschedule. I thanked her and said of course.

We need more people like her. That's what will stop the spread. If there's a highly contagious non-symptom period, then we need to know where and when the infected have been so we can all act accordingly.

Unfortunately folks aren't smart enough to do this on their own. That's why the whole country of Italy is currently shut down.

This thing may be no worse than the flu. But I don't want the flu either. If you have it, stay the heck home and away from me.

F350-6,

Actually, your last sentence is likely ENOUGH to keep you from getting either the common Winter Flu or the latest coronavirus, presuming that you are in reasonably good overall health, get plenty of rest, eat well & just PERHAPS add two 8-ounce glasses of citrus juice to your daily diet (with or without vodka = CHUCKLE.)..

My former classmate, who is now a well-respected MD & owner of hospitals in Shanghai, believes that on the whole that coronavirus may be NO MORE SEVERE overall than the regular flu but so far also SEEMS TO BE less contagious. = COMMON SENSE is your friend.

BE WELL.
    See you Saturday afternoon, IF you will be home on the 14th.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Damn, my dog has been coughing and sneezing like crazy part of today and yesterday. I took her to Walmart for toilet paper. Got her a case of food and a case of water too. Ordered her some ammo today as well, can't let her run low. Now I just need to know: Do they have COVID-19 tests for mutts?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Glenn B,

I'm impressed. - I've never, in over 6 decades, been able to get my various K9s to use TP.
    (CHUCKLE)

What's you dog's favorite firearm??

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I heard today that Ted Cruz came in contact with someone that has CV19 & is under a self quarantine.

EZ-E,

YES, the Senator has self-quarantined himself, as he (and several other people) was close to a person who has the virus for 3-4 hours last month at CPAC. =====> As of 1800 today/Tuesday, he reportedly still has no sign of having the virus & likely is OK.

yours, satx

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    People keep talking about stocks dropping like they won’t shoot back up creating massive opportunities for profit.

Also; people ignore the fact that the Saudis dumped a ton of oil causing a major market hit. I’m not even in to stock market shit but I can figure this stuff out.

Hell, probably a good time to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    People keep talking about stocks dropping like they won’t shoot back up creating massive opportunities for profit.

Also; people ignore the fact that the Saudis dumped a ton of oil causing a major market hit. I’m not even in to stock market shit but I can figure this stuff out.

Hell, probably a good time to get in.

Most of the funds in my portfolio have been at 52-week lows, so I went on a buying spree Monday and Tuesday.

I’m keeping my eye on Boeing. It’s lost close to 50% of its all time high, but I feel like it’s still got a ways to go. I’ll probably buy if it goes below $150/share.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Technically, it's the Fourteenth Amendment as the First only applies to Congress...
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

And like may other rights, it has been deemed not to be absolute...

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/peaceful-assembly/us.php

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom