Not open for further replies.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So, what was the post?

This is yet another example of a state or local elected official (County Sheriff) is over-reacting. The school district saw a student post an accurate update of her condition on Instagram, then called the Sheriff complaining that the student was inciting a panic.

The Sheriff believes the student (or her parents) should be in jail for exercising her First Amendment right, while a civil liberties group is sueing both the school district and the Sheriff.

ETA: the girl was tested for Coronavirus a couple of times and came back negative each time; she had some other respiratory infection that resulted in pneumonia.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    She posted a pic of herself in the hospital saying she was getting better. That set the school district off like a bunch of day-drinking PTA soccer moms.

Evidently I'm slow.
    Someone might possibly infer that she had the virus, and be worried about their kids, or what?

ETA: Reading your last post now.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I didn't know the Gestapo could come in your house and make you delete social media posts.
    Big ol "get off my property" right there.

That’s what 458S is for. Taking AG Barr our of context, “But even in times of emergency, when reasonable and temporary restrictions are placed on rights, the First Amendment and federal statutory law prohibit discrimination...”

Had Barr started and finished there, I’d be okay with it. Instead, a whole lot of swamp got dumped on the Constitution in this statement.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/atto...nt-religious-practice-and-social-distancing-0

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    1587403950_ke0g9hk3uj.jpg

Attachments

• 1587403950_ke0g9hk3uj.jpg
      1587403950_ke0g9hk3uj.jpg
      39.9 KB · Views: 294

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A decade plus too late. This is where AFRICOM needed to be when it stood up; instead the strategic decision was to avoid being seen as yet another western colonizer for most of the continent.

Agreed. I was there during AFRICOM's "pregnancy," the EUCOM/J5 Maj Gen "Dutch" Remkes did his best to get the fledgling command up and on track; but it was doomed from the onset...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom