I want this one....

1682020343010.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    clearly you lack reading comprehension or never been to a shooting class.
    ayoob has let time passhim by he's not quite as relevant as he was thirty years agomore than a few of his theories and opinions have been disproven personally i'd take anything he says with a grainof salt

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    ayoob has let time passhim by he's not quite as relevant as he was thirty years agomore than a few of his theories and opinions have been disproven personally i'd take anything he says with a grainof salt
    he like many people in the gun community of that caliber, has kept up with the times and continues to train people in the practical uses of the handgun as it pertains to self defense, and considering he works with ken hackathorn and bill wilson, who in their own right are pretty good instructors is a testament to that. and I bet he can out shoot all of us on this here forum.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    he like many people in the gun community of that caliber, has kept up with the times and continues to train people in the practical uses of the handgun as it pertains to self defense, and considering he works with ken hackathorn and bill wilson, who in their own right are pretty good instructors is a testament to that. and I bet he can out shoot all of us on this here forum.
    you're assumminhe can out shoot all of us there are more than a few members i'd put up against him myself included

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    you're assumminhe can out shoot all of us there are more than a few members i'd put up against him myself included
    ah and here comes the hubris of man, he who thinks they are all that when in reality they are still a student in the matter of the gun. dunning-kruger is the word for that, others might call it arrogance.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    ah and here comes the hubris of man, he who thinks they are all that when in reality they are still a student in the matter of the gun. dunning-kruger is the word for that, others might call it arrogance.
    No one graduates past being a student. You are never done learning, never done practicing your draw, trigger press, etc.

Secondly, Ayoob was never really about the shooting. His whole schtick was what comes after.

He has a lot in common with all the 1970's McDojo's that were so popular.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    For me the most comfortable way to carry is appendix inside the waste band. It's so comfortable I often forget I'm carrying. I think many if not most people that OC, are just trying to show off. There are few if any good reasons why OC is strategically beneficial. The element of surprise has been and is still the best strategic approach to a good outcome.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    For me the most comfortable way to carry is appendix inside the waste band. It's so comfortable I often forget I'm carrying. I think many if not most people that OC, are just trying to show off. There are few if any good reasons why OC is strategically beneficial. The element of surprise has been and is still the best strategic approach to a good outcome.
    another one of those old wives tales being perpetrated by many folks who advocate cc only unless you would like to show proof or evidencethat supports your statement!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

"Showing off?!?" Now I know you are trolling!

It is clearly quicker to draw from OC than CC. Why do you think law enforcement agencies and the military don't generally carry concealed?

Also, if noticed, it is also a visible deterrent to a potential threat; but the vast majority of the general public don't notice a thing as they blissfully and ignorantly meander through life.

Again, unless you have some demonstrated evidence to support your claims, you're merely pulling them out your fourth point of contact.

By the way, your beloved appendix carry is more difficult to draw from while sitting, and never mind the fact the muzzle of your weapon is pointed directly at your femoral artery (guaranteeing a quick bleed out and death); and, if you're lucky enough to miss it, the next target in line is your manhood. But in your case, I suspect the round is likely to miss such a small target as well!

1682337532525.png

It's also extremely uncomfortable while sitting!

Lastly, appendix carry doesn't align your weapon with the target, requiring additional moves and time to bring it in line.

Again, look at how professionals who carry on a daily basis do so; and you won't find many who appendix carry!

So, sorry if this blows large holes in your credibility; but if this is the rationale you use to select how you carry, I hope it all works out for you!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Will comment....

Having met Mr. Ayoob at The PIN SHOOT (formerly Second Chance) on two occasions....

Age is indeed catching up.....(he is still a good shooter, with a variety of firearms...)

What he has to say is relevant.

My main "take away"?

If you need to use your firearm in a self defense scenario (and please try not to)?

Be prepared for it to cost you $100,000 per shot fired....That is if you are not criminally charged.

In today's "KraZy weirD werLd"?

The scumbags attorneys will try to sue yer sox off!

Mr. Ayoob has been an "expert witness" for a fair number of "legal teams"...

He can cite instances where an individual has turned a righteous self defense event into a criminal event... By simply not INFORMING the local constabulary in a timely fashion.

Or? By fudging the evidence.

Like him? Loathe him? I would want him on my "team" if I ever needed legal help. (and he does know how to teach folk the "best" methods of clearing your home........until "help" arrives...

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    <>

One thing I learned from my recent 16 years back in Academia is that our Universities are crammed full of “Experts” who have ZERO actual experience in their “areas of expertise”.

But they “teach” and heavily influence our young.

<>
    I have to admit that I am one of the examples you refer to. Back two careers ago, after some classes, I was authorized to teach a 10 hour welding safety class. FYI, I have still never laid a bread of weld in my life.

Top Bottom