• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If you renew at DPS, they take your old and hand you a valid photo ID temp, if you renew by mail, you just get your valid new one.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Hey thanks...ignore the PM. My DIL used to work at the bank and she and a couple of other guys are trying to drag me up to date, too...maybe I'll get there. Don't get out much! The way it was don't men much...especially with ATF. OP won't have to wait as long as some of us had to, anyways.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Sure, and the ATF 4473 (background check through NICS) rigamarole is where the photo ID requirement comes into play...all gun purchases through FFL since 1968. Then there's the resident of the same state as the FFL is licensed in rule.

Then they make this exception, which is how you bought long guns in TX as a LA resident. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-licensee-sell-firearm-nonlicensee-who-resident-another-state

I'm really surprised they haven't changed that because of their focus on EBR.

Notice with all these hoops we law-abidin' folks have to jump through...the BG isn't slowed down a bit...he just does what he wants. Our
    gov't labors under the misconception that more laws=less crime. A 4-year-old could tell you different.
    It isn't about criminals, the government views us as the danger to their power. Over decades they have worked inch by inch to work towards getting rid of our ability to use firearms as that is the end goal. Common sense tells us that is what their game plan is.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    First DL I ever got was paper and no picture (and that wasn't a temp. license, it was the actual license!).

(61 years ago) :p
    200.gif

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Yep, and when I got mine at 14 Yr old it was paper and good for anything, motorcycle, car, truck, big rig etc..... I laughed at the guys with their motorcycle license restricted to under 5 HP.
    Yep and with an exacto knife & 2 dots of Elmer's Glue, you could easily be 21 years old

Bully

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sooooo...

It looks like my TX DL appointment is set for December.
    I have a receiver inbound from a manufacturer and would like to take possession ASAP.
    Do I have any options? I'm in Allen.
    I have my Cosmetology license and can corroborate the license picture with my NJ DL. But that's about it.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone on this.

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    Bully, check with your local gun shop. I was able to purchase a rifle using my lease agreement, utility bill and out of state DL for proof of residency.

Bully

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bully, check with your local gun shop. I was able to purchase a rifle using my lease agreement, utility bill and out of state DL for proof of residency.
    Thank you.
    The one (and so far only) shop I stopped in to is saying that none of those would work. Additionally, I don't have a lease agreement, it's my FIL's home that we are using for the moment.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well if its your FIL and you are living there show the shop your rental agreement for the room you are renting from him.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2020
    North of Dallas
    The Federal 4473 requirement is government-issued photo ID and proof of state residency. An out-of-state driver’s license or US Passport would satisfy the first part. The second part has to be government-issued with your name and Texas address; car title/registration or voter registration card works.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I find it peculiar that I can buy anything in Texas except for a handgun.

I have current Texas CL, Physician License, Lifetime hunting/fishing, etc. Local bank accounts, belong to TMA, HCMS, H A M, Life-TSRA. I wonder what the 'legislators" were thinking?

leVieux

Top Bottom