• ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    The crowd sure wanted to get to this green shirt guy in the media that was laughing after Trump got shot- USSS did better job protecting media as crowd had pitchforks out. 30:45 below

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 01-35-58 LIVE Shots Fired at Trump Rally in Butler Pennsylvania (@8 5...png

Pre-rally shows empty rooftops- one attendee said this rally was stark contrast to previous rally's he has attended, where every rooftop had 3 man teams.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No but what is apparently common is that they are federally restricted in certain areas the area in which Trump was to be should have been one designated as such by SS ad I understand it. Which supposedly means not only restricted but electronically rendered inoperable as i understand it? Nonetheless it should have at least been looked into. C'mon man it's not like someone was flying it around the freaking lake make amateur movies REALLY? There literally being used for WAR!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Using some kind of jammer to render drones inoperable would cause all kinds of interference to all kinds of other signals. So just creating a general know fly zone in that way wouldn’t work.

“They’re literally used for war” is fear mongering. Leave my drones alone. The drone that guy was using is no more related to war than your AR-15. .
    I'm out covid is kicking my ass and I won't be goaded into an argument with Younggun.

Hope you recover quickly.

“Goaded in to an argument”…lmao, Do you want a place with no differing opinions?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why is Cheatle resigning ?
    I think to take the heat of mayorkas & biden.
    They are hoping to chum the waters around Cheatle, and hope it all goes away.
    I think because she was head of the agency responsible for Trumps safety and has shown herself to be incompetent, or otherwise incapable of fulfilling the duties of her position.

Few pages back people here were upset that she claimed she wouldn’t resign.

Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    Yeah ya think.so he hid the rifle, we're now being told that not only was he seen several times, and quite a bit prior to rally but he also flew a drone around two separate times the same day....an awful lot for a know nothing nobody to have done and accomplished, oh yes let's not forget the range finder that he was spotted with. Quite a busy little fellow and yet nothing will come of this save obfuscation, finger pointing denial and lies.

"Quite a busy little fellow" I LMAO! Logic and Levity during war time. Oh yea... Happy Birthday Johnny.

Last edited:

Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    I think because she was head of the agency responsible for Trumps safety and has shown herself to be incompetent, or otherwise incapable of fulfilling the duties of her position.

Few pages back people here were upset that she claimed she wouldn’t resign.
    Those in big positions take big falls. She will be damn lucky if she doesn't wind up in the clink.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    No but what is apparently common is that they are federally restricted in certain areas the area in which Trump was to be should have been one designated as such by SS ad I understand it. Which supposedly means not only restricted but electronically rendered inoperable as i understand it? Nonetheless it should have at least been looked into. C'mon man it's not like someone was flying it around the freaking lake make amateur movies REALLY? There literally being used for WAR!

Drones are used for war, but my understanding is it was flown at the site in the days before the rally. The secret service may not have even been on site (speculation) and at the time anyone (construction guys?) may not have thought it suspicious to report.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    FL

ATF traced Trump rally shooter’s gun using records opposed by some in GOP

About a half-hour after an ATF tracing center received the weapon’s serial number, officials learned the father of the shooter purchased the weapon in 2013.

By Perry Stein

July 21, 2024 at 8:00 a.m. EDT

Soon after a Secret Service sniper killed the man who attempted to assassinate Donald Trump, officers grabbed the AR-style weapon by the shooter’s body and started to record its make, model and any details they could glean.

The young man carried no ID. If the gun was purchased legally from a licensed dealer, law enforcement officials hoped to use the serial number etched onto the side of the weapon to figure out who he was.

They were able to do so in about 30 minutes, federal law enforcement officials said in a statement. The search used sale records from an out-of-business gun store that the government is required to collect — but which Republican lawmakers and the gun lobby would like to place off-limits.

The attempted assassination of a former president and current White House nominee gave the public a glimpse into “the time pressure that law enforcement, the ATF agents and our local police partners are under to solve these cases and advance the investigation,” said Steven Dettelbach, director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. “Having the ability to search the records is absolutely a big part” of that work.

The federal government is prohibited from compiling a national database of gun owners. Those who oppose allowing the government to collect records from shuttered gun shops said they are equivalent to such a database, which they believe could be used to track and punish law-abiding gun owners, even though the records cannot be searched by a person’s name.

ATF, which is responsible for regulating sales and licensing of firearms, is allowed to keep sale records only from gun stores that have closed. The nation’s 80,000 or so operating licensed gun dealers are required to maintain their own records, with law enforcement agencies contacting the shops directly if they need to identify the buyer of a weapon used in a crime.

“They could make a door-to-door confiscation list with these out-of-business records and that’s a huge threat to the Second Amendment,” said Aidan Johnston, director of federal affairs at Gun Owners of America, which has backed legislation that would destroy the types of records that ATF relied on to trace the firearm to the Trump rally shooter.

While Trump was receiving medical treatment Saturday, law enforcement officials at the Butler, Pa., rally site called employees of the National Tracing Center in West Virginia, which is open 24 hours a day, to relay the serial number and other details of the shooter’s weapon, according to people briefed on the tracing process who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal details of the probe.

That was step one.

From there, a West Virginia employee searched the serial number in the ATF computer system, which found the licensed dealer that sold that firearm. The weapon was purchased at a now-closed gun store by a man who lived in Bethel Park, Pa. — about an hour from the rally site. Since the business was no longer operating, the ATF’s West Virginia facility had the federal form the buyer completed.

Some of the records at the facility are only in paper form. But the sale records for this closed shop had been digitized, according to people familiar with the investigation. Employees searched through scanned copies until they landed on one that matched the serial number of the gun used in the assassination attempt.

Within roughly a half-hour of the tracing center receiving the weapon’s serial number, officials learned that the father of 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks purchased the weapon in 2013. Authorities soon identified the younger Crooks as the gunman in the shooting and later said they have no evidence that the father purchased the gun for his son to use.

The identification of Crooks reflects a speeded-up version of the traces that occur hundreds of thousands of times each year when authorities find a gun potentially linked to a crime and discover it was purchased at a store that has since closed. A typical request takes seven or eight days to complete. An urgent request can take up to a day. That’s a dramatic improvement in turnaround from two years ago, according to ATF data.

But officials familiar with the tracing of Crooks’s weapon said the request was pushed to the front of the line. It helped that the gun was purchased legally and that Crooks’s father was the original owner. Officials say more and more crimes are linked to “ghost guns” — weapons made from homemade kits that can be assembled into firearms — which typically do not have serial numbers and cannot be traced.

Dettelbach says that ATF is well within the bounds of the law and is not maintaining a registry by keeping the records. The West Virginia center, he said, is filled with tons of boxes of records from defunct gun dealers. While most have now been digitized, he said, searching them is still a cumbersome process.

The records are organized by the name of the shuttered gun dealer, with officials needing to manually open each of the scanned records to match a weapon’s serial number to a record that identifies the person who purchased the firearm.

Rep. Michael Cloud (R-Tex.) introduced legislation last year that would force ATF to discard their closed-business records and prohibit closed gun dealers from turning over their records. The bill has 78 Republican co-sponsors but has not received a committee or full House vote.

Cloud declined to comment for this article.

Last week, Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga.) tacked an amendment onto the appropriations bill for the Justice Department, which oversees ATF, that would prevent the agency from using money to maintain digital copies of its out-of-business records. The amendment passed a committee vote and is now up for a vote on the full House floor.

“The ATF is brazenly violating the law by recording out of business records — creating the foundation for a digital gun registry,” Clyde said in a statement. “I’ve long warned that gun registration inevitably leads to gun confiscation.”

ATF officials say they receive nearly 7 million pages of records each month from licensed gun dealers that are closing their businesses, representing upward of hundreds of thousands of gun sales. In all, ATF officials say, they processed 7.6 million gun trace requests between 2000 and 2021, with 53 percent of those traces completed using closed-business records. ATF is typically assisting local and federal law enforcement in their investigations and does not track how many crimes have been solved through the traces.

Until 2022, closed shops previously had to hand over 20 years of records. Then the Biden administration changed the regulations to require stores to hand over all their records when they go out of business.

The agency has received nearly 1 billion pages of records, with more coming each month, much of it in paper form. At one point, officials said, the West Virginia facility held so many paper records that the floors started sagging, prompting them to speed up their digitization process and build temporary structures to store the records in the parking lot.

Republican critics of ATF have proposed slashing its $1.6 billion budget by more than 10 percent, which Dettlebach said would impact efforts to maintain the trove of closed-business records and deploy agents to work with federal and local law enforcement agencies investigating gun crimes.

"When our partners call us, we go,” Dettlebach said. “But we need the tools to support law enforcement.”

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Those in big positions take big falls. She will be damn lucky if she doesn't wind up in the clink.
    I doubt it. She was probably given the choice to resign or be fired. Resignation looks better on a resume.

I’m sure she has enough connections for a soft landing. Poor thing.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The building was guarded…on the inside, lol.

There were also LE nearby, as shown by the fact one tried to climb up and dropped back down when the shooter turned towards him. Poorly guarded, yes.

The shooter had been seen and attempts were made to question him when he was spotted near the gate, but he was lost in the crowd (according to reports) so he wasn’t just allowed to wonder around. And him being able to return to the general area later does speak to a communication issue. Not getting the word out immediately and insuring all LE have a good description and are looking for him.

There were apparently other groups outside the “secure area” since that appears to be where people were when they spotted the shooter on the roof. So it’s. It like there was nothing else to monitor except those buildings.

The LE who dropped down from the roof reportedly reported the shooter over the radio right after falling/dropping down. The fact that there appears to be no reaction from the SS indicates it was not a direct line of communication to them. So definitely a comms issue there.

These issues were failures, not “oopsies”. But that doesn’t change anything from my previous post. And don’t indicate any sort of conspiracy. The fact that there is no real evidence of another shooter, all injuries correlate with a single shooter on the roof, and the fact that the shooter was some kid that couldn’t make his school shooting team indicate this was not a conspiracy.

The fact that Trump resisted being removed from the stage after being shot indicate he would likely resist being prevented from taking the stage based on “we saw someone suspicious”. He’s not going to cower.

The widespread incorporation of DEI in government agencies creates a situation where incompetent or otherwise unqualified people are placed in positions they have no business being in.

And years of demonizing, dehumanizing, and fear mongering in an attempt to gain and maintain power has pushed someone far enough to take action.

It’s a perfect example of the Swiss cheese model for failure. Take away one hole and the incident is prevented.

Doesn’t mean any of it is acceptable.
    When the initial report came out I stated much the same.. A failure possibly due to complacency. These are professionals (secret service), not just some local police department. They didn't just set up the day of. There's a point where you can't just chalk it up to coincidences of failure.

While it doesn't have to be all that was there, not even all the secret service, it certainly falls on the supervisor in charge of overseeing the event. Nobody worth their salt is going to just leave it up to hearsay. There are double checks and checklists on situations like this. It's not their first rodeo.

There's a point where too many failures become intentional, in this case I can't believe that all the planets aligned to open up a perfect opportunity of assassination. I just can't buy it.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Years of incompetent leadership and diversity hiring has left the USSS a confused and worthless shell of what they once were. Time to get rid of ALL Gov employees that were hired for their political 'purity' and 'diversity', and hire QUALIFIED AND COMPETENT PEOPLE.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I did not verify last night's post about Cheadle resignation I simply posted, as here is current online discussion. I have been thinking for some time about forum activity and "I too" think that I will take time off for complete recovery from covid (I also suffer from COPD) as well as a period of reflection and contemplation regarding the the forum
    Johnny

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If I had seen the pictures I would have known that. I haven't seen every post in this thread. It's seems to be filled with a lot of opinion, speculation and bickering. It's short on facts mostly uninteresting so I skip a lot of pages.
    Wasn't trying to denigrate. I've been going through a lot of content, so I've seen it many times, I was illuding to the internet not necessarily this thread.

Top Bottom