• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I think the USSS should have been outfitted with one. Takes only one person to operate them. We use them when VIPs visit the Texas Border.
    That takes money, increases their footprint.

ID'ing that building as a position to have local PD secure/observe from the ground could have been accomplished with officers on the ground watching.

Events have to balance security with access and perceptions.

Putting a candidate inside a bulletproof box and steip searching each and every attendee would be more secure, but still not perfectly...

"We dont have the resources to fully lock that building down, but let's have 2 (or 3 or 5) local pd patrol the grounds to minimize access" would be a very real thing, the counter-sniper appear to be zoomed way in, looking way past the building for threats so they had to come off the gun and use their eyeballs to find the guy and orient to him.

I dont think the shooter was visible to the CS team until he was preparing to fire...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    It's getting more and more interesting as the story unfolds

F Jill Biden. All money spent keeping her safe is wasted money. She's a piece of trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The bullets were fired at 6:11pm. Ephesians 6:11. Ephesians 6:11 says, "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil."

Interesting coincidence. "If God is with us, who can be against us"

I still think a meme with the shooter aiming at Trump and a guardian angel with his finger pushing the barrel off just a little and another turning Trumps head just a little or just off stage getting Trumps attention to look away just a little.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That takes money, increases their footprint.

ID'ing that building as a position to have local PD secure/observe from the ground could have been accomplished with officers on the ground watching.

Events have to balance security with access and perceptions.

Exactly.

Lack of drone is not the failure.

Lack of watching the building is.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I am now seeing a lot of footage from attendees at the rally who were filming the guy on the roof and pointing him out to cops. My question is, why wasn’t he taken off stage immediately? I know it all happened really quickly, but at the time the people were pointing him out, he wasn’t set up. He was still crawling and trying to get down in position. I would think there was time to radio someone to get Trump off stage. Also, looking at the pictures, particularly at the rifle, I didn’t see a scope on it. Am I wrong?

One of the pictures posted as “the rifle” is most likely not the rifle. Not sure I’ve seen a good pic of the actual rifle used.

As far as not getting him off stage, I suspect a communications issue between local PD and SS. But I don’t actually know.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    the counter-sniper appear to be zoomed way in
    The two scopes I can confirm, were at 25 power and 20 power. Both are Nightforce ATACR 7-35s with MARS units running Applied Ballistics (which is where I work) software. The other two rifles I can confirm have a NF ATACR 7-35 and the other team member has a Trijicon ACOG 6X.

Other than the SR25s the JARs are all custom built in house.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    As far as not getting him off stage, I suspect a communications issue between local PD and SS. But I don’t actually know.

from what I saw-

They had him covered on ground in human shield (why no ballistic shields who knows).

Comms we could hear suggested they were waiting on Suburban to re-position, and shooter was neutralized before moving. At 6'4", trump is hard to cover when walking.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The two scopes I can confirm, were at 25 power and 20 power. Both are Nightforce ATACR 7-35s with MARS units running Applied Ballistics (which is where I work) software. The other two rifles I can confirm have a NF ATACR 7-35 and the other team member has a Trijicon ACOG 6X.

I dont have pix of the ACOG team, can you post one?

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    I dont have pix of the ACOG team, can you post one?
    449923029_456699147287106_224291334622602439_n.png

#1 JAR Rem 700 LA chambered in 300 Win Mag, AIAX stock, Nightforce ATACR 7-35 with MARS running Applied Ballistics co witnessed.

#2 SR25 with Acog 6X, CS member running Garmin Tactix with Applied Ballistics.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Adding to the peevious posts, I picked up this gem on another forum. It would seem that there was a sniper in place ready to take out the scumbag but he had to wait for the first shot to be taken before he could act. If this is true, and this information is widely known, no one is safe because the SS are not allowed to take out an armed suspect unless he fires first. Seems idiotic at best, but we cannot underestimate the stupidity of the Pepsi Queen who is calling the shots for the SS

"The Secret Service gives the assassin one free shot: https://thelibertydaily.com/7-things...d-be-assassin/ Yup, the counter-snipers are under ROEs not to shoot until the assassin shoots. That means that the three seconds between the assassin's first shot and the counter-sniper return fire was fast - the sniper had already acquired the assassin and was itching to pull the trigger. And do remember that the sniper was exposed."

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    No pictures of the shooters rifle have been posted, which is... surprising.

From what we can see in pictures avaliable, it's an AR, has a longer handguard, some smaller optic, or maybe a carry handle rear sight.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    Adding to the peevious posts, I picked up this gem on another forum. It would seem that there was a sniper in place ready to take out the scumbag but he had to wait for the first shot to be taken before he could act. If this is true, and this information is widely known, no one is safe because the SS are not allowed to take out an armed suspect unless he fires first. Seems idiotic at best, but we cannot underestimate the stupidity of the Pepsi Queen who is calling the shots for the SS

"The Secret Service gives the assassin one free shot: https://thelibertydaily.com/7-things...d-be-assassin/ Yup, the counter-snipers are under ROEs not to shoot until the assassin shoots. That means that the three seconds between the assassin's first shot and the counter-sniper return fire was fast - the sniper had already acquired the assassin and was itching to pull the trigger. And do remember that the sniper was exposed."
    This is complete farse, we need to stop propagating this. SOPs do not command you wait for clearance to "take the shot" that is hollywood bullshit.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    from what I saw-

They had him covered on ground in human shield (why no ballistic shields who knows).

Comms we could hear suggested they were waiting on Suburban to re-position, and shooter was neutralized before moving. At 6'4", trump is hard to cover when walking.

I was referring to getting him off stage when the spectators and cops had seen him up there, trying to get into position, before the shots. I know it wasn’t a lot of time, and it’s plausible, that communication between the local LE and SS just wasn’t there.

Top Bottom