• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Check out the video above, people are physically pointing this guy out, I just don’t see how a drone would have changed the outcome.
    The drone could have allowed him to be spotted as he started climbing on the roof. The drone operator could have immediately notified the SS, as (at least I would hope) they would have access to the correct comms channel.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Honestly, this is my last comment on the subject because there’s nothing new under the sun here. That the threat was neutralized and the principal not only did not die, but actually walked off the podium under his own power means the mission was successful.

Was it the most successful it could have been? No.

Are there legitimate reasons that may have impacted the operation? Likely.

Do we know everything there is to be known about the operation? No.
    Trump happening to turn his head at just the right time and making the difference between a round going through his head or just clipping his ear is about the lowest standard for “success” I have ever heard of. In any other situation, people would have been fired and replaced already for allowing something like that to occur.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I do agree with renegade that a drone being in that exact spot at that exact moment would be pure luck. If the shooter was in the building and then came out to get on the roof and shoot, the building should have been secured.
    A drone does not have to be in a specific spot. They do have a field of view. An appropriate camera could have provided a view of the area that included the surrounding buildings. They are not looking through a straw.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Just hear me out.

For something like this the drone would probably have 2 operators. One for flying and one operating the camera. Doesn’t have to be that way, could sit stationary and operate the camera but it’s the government so they’ll likely use 2 personnel.

Take those 2 people, put them in elevated positions, give them binoculars. Much clearer vision now and can turn or react quickly.

Now figure you need 2 teams of operators so one drone goes up before the other comes down. So you could have 4 guys in elevated positions or even on more rooftops (maybe even the one the shooter used) constantly scanning.

And given that there is a limited number of personnel available flying drones will require security personnel to be pulled from other duties like patrolling and monitoring the crowd.

seriously, you’ve never mentioned or heard a phrase related to having someone in your crosshairs?

So much shit has been said by the left that really is horrible. We don’t need to take a common phrase and pretend it means anything more.
    One person could fly the drone into position, let it hover and observe. A second for the alternate if the drone used did not have enough fly time. Which is more likely to get funded? Two drone operators or four LEO's on rooftops?

Words matter. Some words that may be harmless in some settings can be flammable in other settings. Seriously, you do not understand this? And there has been far worse rhetoric spewing from the left for years concerning Trump. That is the bigger issue.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Shooters father *reportedly* bought the rifle off of botach

Screenshot_2024-07-15_083503_png-3267210.jpeg

I still have seen nothing about the rifle itself. I believe fox mentioned that it was a ruger 5.56, but nothing else

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The alternative is having an incumbent from another party hold a daily campaign rally across the street from your private business and resulting in the government effectively putting you out of business due to the potential for an unspecified threat using your place of business to launch some type of attack against.
    Not once in this thread have I said that someone's business should be closed. That is your strawman.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Is this true??

Cop climbed up to the roof, Crooks pointed rifle at him, cop backed away, Crooks turned & fired on Trump.

At 00:40

from one source the cop was standing on his partners shoulders pulling his head over the edge of the roof to see what was going on as there were no ladders. So ya when a rifle was pointed at him he got the hell out of there and assume radioed it in but from the point he saw the shooter and shots were fired was 30ish seconds.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    All I can say is that if someone on the right said that Biden should be in the crosshairs and then someone took a shot at him...............the libtards would hit the fan.

Yes the double standard is astounding.

Sarah Palin used crosshairs on her campaign map to show states she was targeting and was called out by the left.

Trump simply said "you have to fight for your country or you won't have a country left" on Jan 6 and was called out for inciting an insurrection.

Trump said fight after surviving an assassination attempt and is called out for "inappropriate" response that could further lead to violence.

I'm fine with using these words or not, but if the standard is one person in America might be offended and do something drastic, then Biden needs to be held to account for saying Trump needs to be in the bullseye.

Last edited:

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Tangent, but want to get this posted. Fox News just now reported that Florida Judge Aileen Cannon has dismissed the mismanagement of classified documents case against Trump. There are no news article links that I can find as yet, but the reason cited in a 90-page document from the judge is that the special counsel in the case was appointed without following correct procedures, that he was unlawfully appointed. At least that's the way I'm interpreting what I'm hearing.

But this is a major win for Trump, and right as the RNC convention begins. Even though this decision is almost certain to be appealed to the 11th Circuit.

Edited: Here we go: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jud...-classified-documents-case/story?id=111951588

Top Bottom