Mar 31, 2018
    Austin

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    The Butler rally was the first time USSS counter sniper teams were at a Trump rally. What did they know? Coincidence? Needed to take out a patsy? I don't know but it certainly is one more thing that raises a lot of questions and suspicions.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Watching more & more of the cell phone videos from the Clown Show, one thought strikes me: Once the locals knew there was a rifleman on the roof; why didn’t one of them just draw & fire a round into the ground to alert everyone & stop the shit-show ?

Or would the SS just ignore a gunshot, too ?

<?>

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

Watching more & more of the cell phone videos from the Clown Show, one thought strikes me: Once the locals knew there was a rifleman on the roof; why didn’t one of them just draw & fire a round into the ground to alert everyone & stop the shit-show ?

<?>

You're...seriously asking why law enforcement didn't fire a shot in the middle of a crowd?

Walker Travel

PM for Cruises, Vacations, Disney and More!
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2024
    DFW
    <>

<?>
    No training or SOP would tell officers to shoot a round into the ground to alert other officers to something. That's what radios are for. But, the real question is why wasn't the operations center relaying messaging from the local LE to the USSS guys. Hopefully it is all recorded and released at some point.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    No training or SOP would tell officers to shoot a round into the ground to alert other officers to something. That's what radios are for. But, the real question is why wasn't the operations center relaying messaging from the local LE to the USSS guys. Hopefully it is all recorded and released at some point.

Word is the Secret Service deleted the recordings. The stupidest CYA strategy, to cap off a string of failures.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Word is the Secret Service deleted the recordings. The stupidest CYA strategy, to cap off a string of failures.
    Local comms would also be stored on the local servers for the encrypted radios for the County. Bodycam footage only starts after the roof is blood soaked; where is the pre-buffer recording?

I've seen dockside fish cleaning stations out in the Texas sun that smell better than this mess.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    <>

<?>
    My thought exactly since then

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    You're...seriously asking why law enforcement didn't fire a shot in the middle of a crowd?
    Makes sense versus firing into the air. All they had were Mickey Mouse communications and texts. Seconds counted. A perceived threat like this after seeing a guy with gun on roof damn straight fire a gun into the ground. Would have immediately caused rapid response on the stage hopefully. And no harm to crowd who were more in danger once he fired many rounds of his own into the stage. I would have fired many shots into the ground. A no-brainer

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Makes sense versus firing into the air. All they had were Mickey Mouse communications and texts. Seconds counted. A perceived threat like this after seeing a guy with gun on roof damn straight fire a gun into the ground. Would have immediately caused rapid response on the stage hopefully. And no harm to crowd who were more in danger once he fired many rounds of his own into the stage. I would have fired many shots into the ground. A no-brainer

Would've caused a "rapid response" within the crowd, too. A stampede is not going to improve the security situation, will pull attention away from protecting the protectee (particularly the snipers - who would immediately focus on the shooter in the crowd rather than the shooter on the roof), and is guaranteed to create a mass casualty event. "No harm to the crowd"? People would be trampled to death. And the it could create more opportunities for shots at the real target.

It's not a "no brainer" in the way you think it is.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Khughes93
    Top Bottom