• ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe

Trump assassination attempt makes him like Mussolini, who used own shooting for power grab: Politico column​

'Mussolini’s bandaged nose and Trump’s bandaged ear both speak to how autocrats can use adversity to strengthen their power,' Ruth Ben-Ghiat wrote in Politico Magazine​

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    We are under attack from our government

- via incompetence
    - via purposeful lies
    - via deflection and distraction
    - via targeted persecution and procecution

one cannot argue the above points… they are irrefutable

it‘s therefore not a stretch for ME to presume the evil-doers pulling the strings let this (Trump assassination attempt) happen purposefully and/or had a hand in making It happen

YMMV

It's not a stretch for me to realize that with as much hatred as the left and their media mouthpieces have ginned up for Trump, it was just a matter of time before some dipshit tried, and the lax security the Secret Service and DHS were providing him with created an opportunity that was just waiting to be taken advantage of. This does not absolve the agencies involved - any idiot should have known Trump is a target that someone was bound to take a shot at, and the refusal of the Secret Service to approve repeated requests for additional protection, as well as the astounding levels of complacency and incompetence displayed at that rally with just about every aspect of the security and protection should (but likely won't) end many, many more careers than just the Dorito Director.

But...this doesn't mean there was a secret government conspiracy to gun Trump down. For one thing, the fact that the shooter missed, then started mag dumping out of desperation, tells me it wasn't some conspiracy to take him down. They'd have used a competent sniper (or two) for that, not some 20 year old asshat with a cheap AR.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area

Trump assassination attempt makes him like Mussolini, who used own shooting for power grab: Politico column​

'Mussolini’s bandaged nose and Trump’s bandaged ear both speak to how autocrats can use adversity to strengthen their power,' Ruth Ben-Ghiat wrote in Politico Magazine​

FRBG. Why is it that the radical left ignore what fascism has come to mean in the 21st century? In Mussolini's time it was associated only with the far-right. But look where we are now.

What actually constitutes fascism? It's a form of government in which a country's power is held by one ruler or a small group, under a single party. It is characterized by forcible suppression of all opposition and subordination of individual rights.

Tell me exactly which single party has been tirelessly trying to suppress all opposition through voter fraud and lawfare and has disdain for the rights of the individual as succinctly laid out by the founders?

And who are Biden and Harris? Two-thirds of a less intelligent version of the three stooges? Neither of them have a brain independent of their single party attempting fascist rule of this nation.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    But...this doesn't mean there was a secret government conspiracy to gun Trump down. For one thing, the fact that the shooter missed, then started mag dumping out of desperation, tells me it wasn't some conspiracy to take him down. They'd have used a competent sniper (or two) for that, not some 20 year old asshat with a cheap AR.
    gov didn't pull the trigger, but they left the roof unsecured and lost the target several times- many regular rally goers said they were immediately shocked by those several empty rooftops- glaring omission. Feds didn't fire until local leos took a shot at him and might have been afraid they'd just wing him. Dead men tell no tales. Then they deleted comms to hamper truth from being told.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    being anything more than an oops by the secret service is not contingent on any of this stuff.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    gov didn't pull the trigger, but they left the roof unsecured and lost the target several times- many regular rally goers said they were immediately shocked by those several empty rooftops- glaring omission. Feds didn't fire until local leos took a shot at him and might have been afraid they'd just wing him. Dead men tell no tales. Then they deleted comms to hamper truth from being told.

Deleting the comms - a knee-jerk reaction to being caught with your pants down and egg on your face when your protectee (who had repeatedly requested additional security and been denied, and who was having to partially make do that particular day with agents borrowed from an agency that doesn't even do protection details) winds up with a long-distance ear piercing. Just like stonewalling the ensuing Congressional hearing with "I don't have the data to answer that question" as the answer to every question, including the ones you knew damn well they'd be asking and had plenty of time to prepare answers for.

Then they tried to shift blame to the local cops, somehow thinking there would be no pushback on that.

Fed incompetence, fed complacency, fed arrogance. But no evidence of a fed conspiracy to eliminate Trump.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It's not a stretch for me to realize that with as much hatred as the left and their media mouthpieces have ginned up for Trump, it was just a matter of time before some dipshit tried, and the lax security the Secret Service and DHS were providing him with created an opportunity that was just waiting to be taken advantage of. This does not absolve the agencies involved - any idiot should have known Trump is a target that someone was bound to take a shot at, and the refusal of the Secret Service to approve repeated requests for additional protection, as well as the astounding levels of complacency and incompetence displayed at that rally with just about every aspect of the security and protection should (but likely won't) end many, many more careers than just the Dorito Director.

Agree.

I don't think that very many of us were surprised at the attempt. I have been expecting it since he was in office.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket

I'm curious as to what elements define a "conspiracy" for you.

Would it require the shooter to be a government employee/asset - or would their intentionally and massively setting the stage, as they did, be enough to qualify?

Top Bottom